Moumik's Helper Application (Winter 2023)

˚˚ ˚˚

IGN: Moumik
Timezone: GMT+3
How active can you be per week? I can guarantee to be online for 4+ hours every day.

Sunday till Tuesday: 5pm - 12am GMT+3 (6 hours)
Wednesday & Thursday: 3pm - 9pm GMT+3 (6 hours)
Friday & Saturday: most of the day

(Times may vary due to university work, so I may be more or less active compared to these times).

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story.
Yes, I have two punishments on survival, in addition to one joke jail from a fellow friend.
1- I had a ban for x-ray in December 2020, around the time I first joined the server. My lack of experience in Java Minecraft in general and in Minecraft servers and rules led me to make the mistake of x-ray. I since had much more experience, so I am confident to say this mistake is far behind me now.
2- Around March of this year, I had a temp-ban for 5 days for using a bug. Even though I had no clue it was a problem since it was widely used, when someone hinted it might be a bug, I self-reported to a moderator, provided logs, and accepted the consequences. Despite being an active bug reporter in Seasons 3 and 4, I acknowledge my lapse in judgment and have since become more cautious, seeking clarification from online moderators about potential bugs and making sure I and other players knew not to attempt them again.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application.
No, I have not applied for this role before.
I never applied to any staff position in the last 3 years I have been on Munchy because I needed to learn more and be involved in the community. But I have grown much more knowledgeable about the server and become a positive part of the community, and I am confident I can be a good addition to the staff team.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I’ve built a positive reputation in the survival community by actively engaging in chat and events. I’m known for being friendly and approachable in chat, always eager to assist new players, whether it’s helping them secure a claim, providing starting tools, or guiding them through chat commands. Spending considerable time building, exploring, and hanging out with fellow survival enthusiasts has allowed me to meet numerous people and forge meaningful friendships. I find joy in connecting with others on Munchy, and I believe players view me as a welcoming and supportive individual, ready for a chat or to offer help when needed.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
I have consistently played survival for 3 years now, taking a few breaks when life gets busy. I find the survival community to be very welcoming, enjoyable, and an overall fun experience. Throughout my time on Munchy, I’ve encountered numerous memorable moments and made meaningful friendships. So giving the same experience I had to other players is my main motivation.

I’m thrilled at the chance of stepping into the Helper role to support the community. My background in moderation has equipped me well for this position. The encouragement from my fellow survival friends adds to my motivation to give my best back to the community. Joining the staff team not only allows me to showcase my skills but also provides an excellent opportunity for my personal growth. I’m particularly excited about the chance to contribute to fostering a positive vibe for survival.

Do you have any experience with moderating communities such as Minecraft servers or other leadership roles? If so, please briefly detail it.
Yes, in addition to being part of Munchy’s BIT team, I have been a staff member on survival for OmarmuMC for almost 5 months (I can provide a contact for reference in DMs).

Starting as a trial MOD, I worked my way up, and I currently hold the rank of a Senior Moderator. My role includes:
Laying down the rules and keeping the server hackers free. I dealt with a large number of hackers and rule-breakers. I have good experience with plenty of hacks and cheats and the process of dealing with them and giving appropriate punishments.
Being an active part of the community (25-40 players base), helping new players find their way around, and sorting out chat conflicts. I moderate the chat, ensure the rules are followed, and punish when they are broken. I am used to handling multiple situations at once in a calm manner.
Make sure everything stays chill and fun. I host events and keep the good vibes flowing. Also, my DMs are open to all questions, and I take an active part in dealing with player problems and questions in tickets and reports in the main discord.

I have faced a mix of challenges, which I am confident I handled maturely.
The satisfaction of watching the server grow and evolve gives me great joy and encourages me to give it my all. And this experience and the objective way of handling situations while maintaining positive vibes are the skills I want to bring to the Munchy community.

(If I get accepted, I can ensure that I can manage my time to handle both positions effectively and keep my activity up).

~Thank you so much for taking a moment to go through my application! I’d be thrilled to receive any feedback you might have, and wishing all the other applicants the absolute best of luck! :blush:

20 Likes

+1 smart redstone player, kind and egirl

4 Likes

+1

Moumik has always been an active member of the community. She’s always up to helping people when they need support, really kind and supportive, and a lovely person!

I can speak about the experience she had over the OmarmuMC server! She did find a balance in having to be part of 2 active communities and didn’t fail take her staff position over the OmarmuMC server very seriously. :laughing:

She’s devoted, she has the experience and overall I really believe she’s very well suited for this position. :)

Bonne chance !

4 Likes

+1

Moumik is probably one of the top appliers here, she’s always kind and understandable, and has complete maturity for this position, I wish you good luck :heart:

5 Likes

Huge +1

Moumik is a player who I can always turn to if I need any help with survival, she definitely has what it takes to be a staff member here.

4 Likes

my 2nd fav smod (@skepiwi still #1)

+1

4 Likes

To say moumik is deserving of this position is definitely an underselling understatement, moumik is definitely the best applicant here and has taken the time to organize a wonderful staff application complete with great formatting and clear answers, I think this is definitely the best application that we are going to get and should be considered the most.

Moumik has already shown to help people constantly in chat and has experience from hanging around staff members to my knowledge in moderation and is already moderating another server as well!

Moumik has been nothing but a kind, helpful, friend to me and all of the server (even helped me with my mute application so this shows she’s already good at helping players with problems :wink:) and I heavily believe she should be staff! Moumik is a great friend to all and my favorite survival grandma so I hope staff can make the right choice and give her the position. Thanks for being a great friend to me moumik.

my biggest +1 out of everyone

3 Likes

Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 7.14.36 AM

please, make this a reality because this role suits Moumik!

You are an awesome and well loved member of the community, and you will go on to do amazing things.

+1

4 Likes

Although I don’t normally comment on apps, Moumik 100% deserves the +1. She has been an extremely active and helpful member of the community for multiple years now, being known as a friendly face for new players. Moumik creates a very positive, supportive environment for those around her and has already contributed greatly as a BIT member. I would personally love to see her on the staff team! Best of luck! :)

4 Likes

+1 we’ve definitely had our small stupid arguments in the past, but good luck moumik!
You’d be a great fit for staff :p

Btw, this application is so well written xD

4 Likes

@Phol @Simfonija @TheFireGamer210 @oTortle Thank you for the amazing feedback ^^
@BuffCorgi @kaittt I really appreciate your comments :heart:
@Candlea Thank you for all the help you gave me as a baby MOD, I grew a lot alongside you
@Scop211 We had our ups and downs, I am glad we put that behind us and thank you for the feedback ^^

7 Likes

Oh so I guess I’m not included now. -1 :rage:

joking

‘Twas an exceedingly excellent joke

2 Likes

you are getting your own special thank you section… Impatient. I was thankful you trusted me to help you out and I am glad you are back in the community chat :grin:
We have known each other only recently but it is always best of fun when you are around.
ps: still waiting to know what happened on sept 28th

3 Likes

I’m not impatient meanie :rage:

1 Like

So is it done yet :innocent:

2 Likes

Mou should get helperrrr- this is by far the cutest app I have seen and SHES SO QUALIFIED! Go moumik!
+1

4 Likes

+1

Moumik is a well known active member of the community and is very friendly and approachable. She also contributes a lot on the BIT aswell :o

I think she would do wonderful in this role :D

5 Likes

5+ them are nice in game

3 Likes

Extremely obvious +1

3 Likes

@SUPERDUCK3534 @Viviannn @MyBee @psycnotic thank you all for the positive feedback ^^

4 Likes