Minyzombie Winter Staff Application

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?: Yes

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?: Yes, I use OBS to record my gameplay as it records in high quality and is easy to use.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?: I have TS3 downloaded but i am not familiar of the layout, I have figured it out I think.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN: Minyzombie

Timezone: GMT

Languages Spoken: English

Server you would like to moderate: WoolWars (Bit of a reach but i think it needs some staff other than helpers)

How active can you be per week? Weekdays I have school so I can probably come on 3-5 hours per day, weekends I will probably come on 6-8 hours saturday and 5-7 hours on sunday.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay? I joined August 8th of 2019, I joined because I was watching skeppy and found Munchy through one of his videos. I decided to stay here as I loved the community, it was very welcoming and kind. I do really enjoy being apart of the Munchy community!

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story:
I have been false banned twice due to a bug in the anti-cheat which I recorded and sent to BadBoyHalo, I have not got any other punishments that I am aware of.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:
I used to be head admin on a decently sized server and I did enjoy being there but after a while the owner was running out of money to support the server and was forced to shut it down, we are still friends today and play sometimes. I have also been helper on some smaller servers where I had to help the players if they were stuck, but I quickly got bored and quit that server.

Do you have any anticheat experience?
Yes, I know that anti-cheats are very accurate at banning hackers although sometimes they may have little bugs in which should be easy fixes, I have never really been a developer of a server or an owner so I haven’t had lot’s of experience, but I understand what they do. I also know about ban waves where many people are banned because of autoclickers or smaller hacks that are hard to detect.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7sFGOSaruY This was actually not a hacker (He was using falcon kit), I was recording and saw him flying so I uploaded it just incase, The do not see many hackers in game that are obvious, although I record all of my games if i do find a hacker I will have evidence.

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?
I have reported an anti-cheat bug which had banned me twice, I have also reported many people breaking chat rules. I also have tried calming down arguments in chat whenever one sparks out, if there is someone spamming or swearing i would usually message a staff member either in my server or on discord.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?
I think my relentlessness to catch hackers to spend days finding one xrayer on a server could be very useful, I will also try to spend less time on finding hackers on a bigger server like munchy as it would be very inefficient.

How do you work when in a team?
I think I work well in a team, in my past staff teams we have all had to work hard to teach each other things and we in my time as a helper I spent 3 days tracking down an xrayer to finally provide the evidence, once i saw he was xraying i reported it to the other moderators and said watch for this person, I think they’re xryaing. We all worked together to ban him and finally we did it.
What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why?

I think auto-clickers are hard to detect because we can’t really see how fast someone is clicking and at what consistency they are clicking at. If they had 15 CPS for like 3 minutes it would be kind of obvious that they are auto clicking, however hackers usually know how to hide hacks, so it would be hard to track down an auto clicker.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?
I think the main reason I was denied last time was because I had barely joined Munchy and didn’t know much about the server, back then I applied for the sake of it. I carried on playing the server however and I try to be as active on the server as i can with school in the way and everything, I also lacked detail in my application because I’m not too good at writing and wording things well, I don’t think applications should be based off of how much you write but the content of what lies in the application.

-Miny

+1

• Very kind and helpful person
  • Lots of fun
  • And a good application!

Best of luck!

-AlluTheVallu

1 Like

Thank You!!

1 Like

+100000000

1 Like

+1

Nice person on discord.

Fix bolding though.

1 Like

Thank you all!!

1 Like

Hi Miny,

You have been a very friendly and helpful community member recently and I’d like to see you keep it up! However I would also like for you to work on your hacker reporting as a big part of being a staff member on munchy is knowing how to detect and punish for hacking.

My advice would be, do some research on hacked clients, see how they look from a hackers perspectives (YouTube is a good resource for this), and keep going with being the active and kind player that you are!

I make it a rule not to publicly rate applicants but I will voice my opinions to the staff in charge of the applications :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I will watch some YouTube videos when I am not busy, if you know any links to helpful videos or YouTubers who teach things like that I’d really appreciate it!
Thanks, Miny

• Very nice

• Very helpful

• Pretty detailed

+1

1 Like

+.5
You’ve been really active on woolwars from what I have seen and I think, from your application and what I’ve seen of you, are mature. I think you can work on your hacker reports as reporting a falcon kit is not a common mistake made, due to how easy it is to tell that a falcon is a falcon(armor and the chat message)
Your application could also use a bit more detail especially in your teamwork section(as you just provided an example and not any qualities)
Good luck!!

1 Like

Application denied. Due to your inexperience at a staff position, we’re a bit unsure if you’re quite ready for it. However, please contact me on discord as I have a proposal to discuss with you: Warlock505#6935

1 Like