Mining Overhaul

Hi all,

Figured I would make a quick post about some suggestions for mining that I think would greatly benefit the server as a whole.

1. Splooge
    To my knowledge, splooge is back. That’s really all you need to know.

2. Deepslate Ore Variants
    I was thinking of ways to improve mining without it being too strong, and I’ve considered deepslate ores as a great addition to mining. As with all other blocks in the mines, deepslate ores would follow the same trend of increasing in frequency in better mines. Deepslate ores themselves would provide a x3 drop to the ore being mined (i.e. 1 iron ore = 1 iron ore/bar, 1 deepslate iron ore = 3 iron ores/bars). I feel that this would have a decent buff to mines in general.

3. Merlin Hat “Buff”
    Additions have been made since the release of the map and thus the release of the Merlin Hat. Things like warped and crimson hyphae and quartz ore/blocks have been great additions to the game. Unfortunately, the Merlin Hat does not upgrade wood/ores to any of those variants. I believe it should (i.e. emerald ore > quartz ore, emerald block > quartz block, dark oak > crimson hyphae, etc.). Furthermore, I feel that it would be beneficial if the Merlin Hat had a ~20% chance to double block drops if the highest tier block is mined (quartz block or crimson hyphae).

4. Various New Block Types in the Mines
    Mining has always been a staple of Prison and I feel that it should stay that way. This map, mining is outclassed by nearly every other money-making method when comparing the time and effort it takes to do those methods. One addition that I feel would greatly benefit mining is having new blocks in the mines to spice things up. For example, redstone blocks could randomly spawn throughout the mine when a player walks nearby (~5-8 blocks). When mined, the redstone block gives the player high levels of haste (fast enough to instantly break blocks) for a short period of time. Another example could be lapis blocks that would multiply all block drops by 3-5 for a short duration. Or even TNT that could make sizable explosions. All of these would give life back to mining while making it more enjoyable at the same time.

Thanks for reading my post. Hope the weather is nice.

~Craz

12 Likes

+1 Craz idea

1 Like

oscars-standing-ovation

YES. Please. Yes.

Craz, I love those ideas! The Merlin’s hat being better integrated into the new mining meta would make for a more cohesive experience and new block types would let the features already added shine more. Quartz and hyphae have already been introduced, it’d be really neat to see them fully integrated with pre-existing mining items.

Thanks for the ideas and taking the effort to share them. Weather’s good. Cheers!

4 Likes

I got a better idea called foraging update where it adds trees to mine in prison instead of blocks

1 Like

I love these ideas. I am a player who mostly just mines, not sure why, I just like it. But it’s severely underpowered compared to other money making methods and I think it’s important to change something about it.

1 Like

I think the idea with deepslate is good but the main issue with mining currently is you can’t justify using your time to mine unless you have the best set with has a mythical in it, even in that case there are other methods to make the same amount of money or even more for the same effort.

1 Like

That’s the purpose of buffing it with the other recommended changes.

1 Like

These are some interesting ideas. I’m guessing the deepslate ores are supposed to appear in C block and in get more common toward A3 block. An alternative idea added a rare chance for the block version of those ore to appear from B1 to A3 instead of suddenly appearing at A4.

The Merlin Hat Buff you mentioned would make the Hat superior to the existing items that spawn Warped Hyphae, Crisom Hyphae, and Quartz Ore because of the passive nature of the Merlin Hat.

New block types in the mine that give special abilities is a fun idea. Giving temporary but powerful effects like high haste, or explosions could add some spontaneity to mining.

11 Likes

I also think that chests in the mine should be found more often and if not that it should be better loot in them especially with the new UL lock.

I know making more items is difficult and take a lot of time so in that case is it possible to re-use items from previous maps but change the cooldowns or how good the ability is to fit what we’re lacking in this map mining.