Let ppl tp during lockdown countdowns

Lockdowns are dumb and they always have been. I’ve said over and over an event which literally forces you not to play the game is an event that makes me not want to play the game. I log out and I do something else.

I don’t know why they ever stopped people from being able to tp during lockdown countdowns when people can just log out. And no, the answer to this isn’t “GIVE PPL A 2 MINUTE LOGGER”, and if you think it is you have no brain.

There have been so many times where I’ve been in my cell, just about to do something and a lockdown starts, meaning the next 2 minutes of my time are completely wasted waiting to be able to tp again. Hell almost every evening I’ll go to put some food on, come back and start typing /warp p10mine and a lockdown starts, and then I just gotta do nothing?

Just stop wasting my time, stop randomly deciding I can’t play the game, and let ppl tp during lockdown countdowns. There was no reason to ever remove it. The only reason it was ever removed was in pursuit of a dumb fantasy of lockdowns being anything other than a frustrating nuisance.

10 Likes

I agree, but idk if this is intentional, but the lockdown to be fair does catch people unaware of game mechanics. When I was fairly new, I lost dobby legs, snape boots, gringott’s pickaxe, and dumbledore specs because of a lockdown, not much to me now but at the time my whole mining set. I didn’t know I could just do /hub, and so I kept getting boss staffed while trying to do /logout

1 Like

I agree, you already can /logout during the countdown, just make it so people can TP during it as well. +1

1 Like

Nope. Look forward to combat loggers if you log during or after the countdown next map! Teleporting during the countdown will not be implemented, but there will likely be a LOT more mobility items that will make getting to spawn/cells much easier next map. Might be difficult when you have few items to lose, but once you get some of the more useful mobility items it should be a breeze.

6 Likes

Including /logout?

Ok but why not change it this map, since this map it’s just annoying.

Also why this dedication to making lockdowns annoying, I’ve only ever seen like 2 people say they want lockdowns and one is banned, the other is isaac.

But… and this is a HUGE problem.

WHY WOULD YOU EVER MAKE AN EVENT WHICH TIES SOMEONE TO THEIR COMPUTER FOR 2 MINUTES?

What if something happens to someone irl? What if they’re cooking? What if they have to attend to something they didn’t expect? What if they only logged in for a short amount of time because they have to go soon?

And you’re gonna force them to keep playing for 2 minutes? That’s dumb and it’ll make people quit or play a whole lot less. There’s no answer to those questions other than “don’t log in”. There is no benefit to these changes, they will just make play less or not at all because they’re frustratingly annoying and interfere with your control over playing.

Like honestly I can’t understand why anyone ever thinks “2 MINUTE LONG LOGGERS!!!1” is a good idea, you’re just gonna push everyone away from the game.

Don’t make dumb decisions in pursuit of “uwu prison should be dangerous”, 'cos like, think of how many people have lost their stuff in gold rushes or being boss staffed into pvp or being lured into d2 mine.

Prison is already dangerous, unless you know how to navigate it, and making the game randomly decide you have to keep playing for 2 minutes no matter what you were about to do doesn’t make prison more dangerous. It makes me think you haven’t thought about how this affects gameplay and I should find a server that isn’t literally trying to annoy it’s playerbase.

6 Likes

+1 agree

I’ve been in a discord call with people like TSUTT_ Noobmangler96 etc… I realize they are blacklisted and they’re opinions don’t matter but they both told me the hadn’t gotten anymore than an ultra during a lockdown because no one really is waiting for a lockdown at d-a mines so they can get an ultra or some thug armor. Idk if tping away is the answer but adding loggers just doesn’t make since to me. I think the p mines shouldn’t be restricted to teleport to. PvP is off there anyway. Ik I’m late to this conversation.

you aren’t forced to play for 2 minutes, that’s ridiculous lol. that’s like saying “looters shouldn’t be able to get attacked because they won’t be able to /logout BUT AN IRL EMERGENCY MIGHT POP UP SO THEREFOR THEY WILL LOSE THEIR ITEMS”

lockdowns have been implemented so mining isnt 100% safe either seeing that it wouldnt be fair compared to other risky money making methods

2 Likes

their opinions do matter their team is one of the only teams on munchymc prison that actually accomplished stuff, they are also ogs so their opinions matter much more than half of the new players