Kitpvp texture pack?

I’ve been playing munchy for a while now and I think they should make a texture pack for certain kits items like Hornet’s venom to a small hornets antenna and/or Jester’s staff to an actual staff, that would be pretty cool!

2 Likes

Good idea.
+1

1 Like

Yes this would be amazing!

I feel like that’s something that would come as quite annoying to people for 2 reasons:
First off being if this feature would be mandatory, and the second if it wouldn’t.

Starting off with it being mandatory: There’s a huge problem with complicated server texture packs to some people, as far as if you have one very big and exciting item module it could crash a player’s client. This has been an issue on multiple players, and I believe it’s something that would drive off a lot of players who don’t want to use the texture pack.

Now, even if it isn’t mandatory, there’s still a big problem with it: Confusion.
A feature that doesn’t only come with server exclusive features (or texture packs) but with some clients, is confusion. For example, a guy telling his texture-pack(less) friend to “Check out his BIG SWORD!” could come off as confusing, and even disappointing when you don’t really get what your friend is talking about.
To add to my statement, considering it’s not a very valid block, would be more confusion as to when you want to enable the texture pack after saying you don’t want it. It’s sometimes very tricky to find the right place to reenable it, and it’s just overall annoying.

If a player wants to spend some time and create a texture pack for him and his friends, go ahead!
Although I don’t believe it’s something Mike and the other KitPvP higher-ups are looking to invest time and money in right now (Considering an artist would need to be hired, a 3D module designer, etc).

1 Like