KitPvP [1.8+] Wildcat

This Kit is based on cats. (like me)

Wildcat
Equipment:
A button as a helmet with modified attributes. (unde’equipable)
All 36 slots full of soups.
Description:
The Wildcat has the “jump” ability, in which she has to crouch for atleast half a second and gains speed 2 for 1 second with a cooldown of 3 seconds. (Activation after the crouch) (does not actually jump)
Natural Enemies:
Dogs, Birds and Mices. (Ninja/Slingshot, Falcon and Mices)

/replaceitem entity @p slot.armor.head minecraft:button 1 0 {AttributeModifiers:[{AttributeName:"generic.attackDamage",Name:"nvm",Amount:10.0f,Operation:0,UUIDLeast:69,UUIDMost:69,Slot:"head"},{AttributeName:"generic.movementSpeed",Name:"nvm",Amount:1.05f,Operation:1,UUIDLeast:69,UUIDMost:69,Slot:"head"}],ench:[{id:0,lvl:22},{id:10,lvl:1}]}

Replaces whatever is on your head with a button, which has attackDamage set to 10, makes the player move 5% faster, has protection 22 and has Curse of Binding, which will not require a plugin to make it unde’equipable.
(hope it’s a real word).

Please excuse my incompetence of not testing my handwritten commands before submiting.

Heyo @KittenKatja,

After looking at this kit idea, I pretty much thought of Titan, the jump sounds super familiar. It’s basically a combination of Ninja and Titan. If this kit was implemented, it would be way too OP. Plus, if you were going to do this, the way the strength buff works, it would overdo a sword, it would be better to do and a stone sword with Sharpness 2.

So, for the fact that it is a little bit too OP, I gotta give it a -0.75, no hard feelings, just a bit OP

If you have any questions for me, I’m on TeamSpeak.

Have a nice day!
-LiamTBN

2 Likes

I don’t know, if you saw my incompetence of finding out how strength works on the fist in both searching in wiki and actual practice before submiting this, because I want the kit to be swordless and only have strength be it’s sword, as the strenght in the suggestion is not the strenght in the implementation.

Strength = +3 damage per increment of strength (i.e Str I = 3, Str II = 6, etc.)

Given this information: Strength IV = 12 damage, strength VII = 21 damage. Strength VII would definitely be way too powerful. In fact, strength IV is too much, given that the highest damage currently for a kit is pvp with 11.25 damage. With that being said, Strength III would be ideal for this kit if it were to be swordless.

This kit would need armor, since it could be easily confused with a ninja, even if you were to remove particles. So resistance I + armor would suffice. I would suggest perhaps a chain mail chesplate, with an iron helmet and iron boots, all enchanted with protection II. Armor value would equal 9 with 24% damage reduction.

As for the ability… I think I would need you to enlighten me how u plan to make this cat “jump”. All I see is speed II, and doesn’t even seem all that useful.

Also that name… Just doesn’t bode well with me because there is no such cat known as a “wildcat”. There are pumas, bobcats, panthers, tigers, etc. Maybe that would make more sense and call it a pounce then…? idk.

-.5, not a big fan of the kit idea.

Your information about strength is wrong, it is +130% per increment of strength, which I can’t predict.
Yep, it’s easy to mistake it for a ninja, when it has no Speed 3 and doesn’t have a sword.
Because Strength is so confusing, I’m now rewiting it together with “adding” armor.
That “jump” is meant for surprise attacks and won’t be a help for combos.
The only wildcat I know in minecraft is Ocelot and it’s behaviour doesn’t fit the kit and the name bothers me.
There are many Wildcats in the world, but the nearbiest to us is a normal cat living on the street.
Because of the swordless way of fighting, it has more hotbar space, that is unconfortable to play with on a server, that always has a sword on the first slot.

Pretty sure I’m not wrong… Minecraft registers 3 damage as similar to “130%”, albeit that 130% is not the same as 3 extra damage. But each tier of strength is approximated at a value of +3 damage. Damage calculation would be as follows:

Raw Damage = 3S + T + 1 - 4W, Where S is the indicated tier value of strength, T is the damage value of your sword, and W is the indicated tier value of weakness. Raw Damage is the value of damage one can deal before applying the effects of resistance, armor absorption values, and any other damage reducer’s (i.e protection, feather falling, etc.)

Minecraft damage is still yet unpredictable thanks to damage variance on the server and critical hits, but one can get a rough value estimation of damage by using said formula.

You can always insert an item to use as something to differentiate between the soup hotbars and the weapon. A nice example would be like a stick or a bone. In the case of a cat, you would want something that would either look like fangs or claws. What you would use would be on your imagination I guess… Like a rabbits foot???

Yes I do understand that is what a jump is like (more commonly known as pouncing when dealing with cats), but the ability doesn’t seem to do anything in my opinion… I don’t really know what you mean by this. ^^

When I edited my suggestion, an idea made the armorless more suitable for surprise attacks.
A complete normal environment, suddenly a stone skinned player “jumps” out at you.

The actual math can be found in the attribute section.
OperationsDE

The first one is German and is very compressed in information.
The second one is more understandable.

Uhm… Right…?

I don’t see how this correlates to each value tier of strength…

The potion effects go in the Operation:1 category.

Correcture: The potion effects go in the Operation:2 category.

That’s the same exact Armour as of the Slingshot kit, I would suggest a leather boots with black color and leather pants with pink color and finally a leather helmet with black color too with the same effects you included.

psst this is a very old thread. You might not want to post on threads that have been inactive for more than 2 weeks. :cowboy_hat_face:

didn’t notice sorry for that :sleepy:

1 Like