Kit Idea (Magician)

Magician Kit

Gameplay: Start with an enchanted sapling that when you right click someone they get levitation for 15 seconds with a 1 minute cooldown. Left click a player to mess with their inventory just like the troll in purgatory where their inventories items get mixed up. 1 minute cooldown.

Pros:

• Can allow you to get an advantage when you 1v1 with someone.
  • Counters many kits such as paladins, bouncy, etc.

Cons:

• The levitation might be overpowered near the end of the game where the sandstone is very high.
  • Mixing up someone’s inventory would ruin a lot of things but could be fixed whatsoever.
9 Likes

oooh i rly like this idea, could be overpowered though

4 Likes

effect doesn’t exist in 1.8

5 Likes

This kind of reminds me of the jester kit on kitpvp. (The mixing inventory at least)
About the levitation,

It’s 1.9+. There might be ways to make someone levitate like that in 1.8 but I wouldn’t count on it.

I also think it might be kind of overpowered because of the way woolwars is mixing someones inventory (meaning healing, weapon, etc, would give you a guaranteed win a lot of the time.
(what I’m talking about is things like diamond swords being able to 3 hit you unless you have full iron)
(that’s an exaggeration but it’s close)

For now +0/indifferent about the idea. I can’t think of any ideas on how to change it at the moment but I will edit this reply.

5 Likes

I actually really like this idea… except the effect not working in 1.8.
An alternative idea could be implementing something similar to the vacuum kit in kitpvp (for levitation). I also think that maybe a span of like 8 seconds would be better for the levitation (I think 15 is just a bit too long :3). I agree with what helix said about the jester effect; a lot of the time it wouldn’t be possible to recover from in time to be able to fight your oponent, so that aspect of the kit might be a bit OP.
Overall, I think this idea has potential though!

2 Likes

This is a really good idea, but because of what others have said, there could be an alternative found. Overall great idea! :smiley:

4 Likes

This is a good kit idea but as others have said. There could be some alternatives for the witch kit idea.

2 Likes

If you replace the levitation effect with some kind of teleportation effect to make it look like teleportation, but you could also replace the effect with something like jump boost where you can’t jump, or slowness, etc.

+0.9

2 Likes
  1. There is a way for 1.8 players to experience levitation, but I don’t know how they do it on [german-minecraft-youtuber].tv’s parachute item in their bedwars.
  2. Based on #1, it could be possible to reverse the glider for a levitation effect.
  3. Just updating the game mode entirely to 1.12 would be the best option.
3 Likes

Ngl thats a terrible idea. 1.8.9 is pog

1 Like

What :thinking:

3 Likes

The thing is, changing the way PvP works on the server side is really different, since there’s a lot more factors and changes that were made in 1.8-1.9 pvp then simply the cool down. If the server is to use old combat, then it should a 1.8 core.

If it’s 1.8 PvP we want in Wool Wars (which we do), then the server should just stay 1.8.

There’s a few servers that do use plugins to “Change combat to be like 1.8” but it’s not the same as 1.8. There’s a reason the biggest mini-game servers for Minecraft haven’t done it.

2 Likes

Nope.

5 Likes

Ok, boomer.

I like this idea.

Regarding the idea of mixing up the inventory, maybe it should just be your current hotbar. There’s a special mob on Prison where if you get attacked by it, it scrambles your hotbar.

There would have to be an alternative if the levitation component were to be added.

2 Likes

Levitation like the dormamu Grenade in prison?

That’s kinda op for a woolwars game lmao

2 Likes

The Idea of the kit is great however, if the levitation was useable in 1.8 then it would mean players could use this ability till the end of the game levitate and let the sandstone take out the other player since they would be able to levitate over the hight limit

1 Like

Great idea overall, but seems a little to overpowered.

1 Like