[Kit Contest] Hunter

Hunter

Armor/Weapon:

Green Leather Helmet: Prot IV, Unbreaking X
Brown Leather Helmet: Prot IV, Unbreaking X
Green Leather Helmet: Prot IV, Unbreaking X
Brown Leather Helmet: Prot IV, Unbreaking X

Iron Sword: Sharp II, Unbreaking X

Display Icon: Tripwire Hook, Pressure Plate, or Leather are some icons that relate to the kit.

Hunters will utilize camouflage to conceal visibility to their prey. Hues of green and brown are most common in a traditional camouflage pattern and environment.

Ability: Traps

Hunting is not always about being on the offensive, but rather using traps to capture their prey, leaving them extremely vulnerable to the hunter.

Explosion Trap: In the form of an Iron pressure plate. When stepped on by a player, will cause an explosive blast, both dealing major damage and launching the victim upwards.

Ensnaring Trap: In the form of a Wooden pressure plate. When stepped on by a player, will inflict the victim with both Slowness III and Weakness I for 7 seconds.

Toxic Trap: In the form of a Stone pressure plate. When stepped on by a player, will inflict the victim with Blindness for 3 seconds and Wither II for 7 seconds.

Utilization:

• Selecting a Trap to use will be done by dropping the Trap to switch Traps (just like Hornet does to switch its powers).

• Only one of each Trap may be active at a time.

• The player may pick up a Trap by clicking on the deployed Trap.

• You cannot place a Trap directly next to another Trap.

• The death of the Hunter will result in any active traps belonging to the Hunter disappearing.

• :exclamation:When placing a Trap, it will not immediately activate. When placed, a Golden pressure plate will appear in its’ place for 3 seconds, and then the proper plate will be activated and ready.

Feasibility: I believe that with correct adjustments made to effects and effect durations, among other tweaks, that this is a reasonably balanced kit that is fit to be implemented into KitPvP.

Uniqueness: This kit would incorporate a method that is not seen much in the game: luring. Luring would be a more prominent technique in the game that would diversify playing styles currently seen in KitPvP. Hunter offers a new style of play in the form of luring and trapping. For instance:

• Having a player chase you and making them step on a cleverly-placed Trap.

• Placing a Trap in a populated area or along a narrow corridor and waiting for an unsuspecting player to step on the Trap, prompting the Hunter to ambush the affected player.

• Escaping a player in pursuit by placing a Trap in their way, especially in a narrow place, chokepoint, or otherwise where movement is limited.

Miscellaneous: Setting up a Trap using Tripwire. Might clarify later.

Inspiration: I always liked the idea of a kit like Demoman being added to KitPvP; this is something I suggested near the beginning of the Idea Team’s invention, in which we all created Kit Ideas and had them voted on by the community, so in a way this isn’t exactly the first Kit Contest there has been (see here). Either way I am very excited to see the Admins/Staff seek more input from the community. Community collaboration is something I am very passionate about, because it should not be staff making all the plays, but rather the players which keep the server alive and thriving in the first place.

I plan to further polish this idea and build more on it soon.

2 Likes

All leather armor on kitpvp got unbreaking 30, idk if your unbreaking 10 is intentional, but the protection 4 on all pieces makes it a tank.
No sword, except stone, wood and gold have unbreaking on it, even if they do, they at most have like unbreaking 3.
It is not clearly stated how you can select the trap, I would suggest a left click or dropping the item makes the ability item scroll through the list, in the case of it scrolling though using drop, the ability can be used with both left and right click.
Trapping is not unique, this kit is just more prone to attack with the sword than with the trap.
I also suggest a trap “mole”, which buries the victim 3 blocks under the trap for 7 seconds and after this to one block below the trap to let the head stick out and make the player have to jump out by themselves.

1 Like

Great Idea :wink: seems a little op although :grimacing: I would love to use it :smiley:

yeah… no. poop kit

I feel like it wouldn’t fit in compared to the other kits.