King of the Hill Championship Hall build

Hey guys over the past couple days I wanted to try to build something using world edit so I figured I would try at making a Championship Hall build! This is like my first big build using world edit and my biggest build in general so any constructive feedback will be useful too.
The theme I had in mind for this was “under the sea” with big towers to signify city halls and I thought it would be cool if the citizens lived in bubbles, so I have a lot of bubbles scattered around along with 2 fish swimming around.

Heres the download link (if I did it right I think I did)-https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sScAqu7fm69fFB2Kqftkx2WJ9EtBUZui/view?usp=drive_link

Edit! Thanks everyone for the feedback I was thinking of adding stuff to the layers but wasn’t too sure how people would like it so now there’s a version 2 with added details.

Link to version 2 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PmSGZ4umirkjVu95-y1eelbb33G6Vtb-/view?usp=drive_link

18 Likes

Wow, that looks amazing ^^

2 Likes

This looks so cool, good luck! Hope we get to play it one day
edit: Maybe reconsider the size of the 2nd and 3rd layers. As fewer players will be surviving, it might take a long time for someone to be eliminated with them being this thick.
An idea: Maybe add holes in the layers where players can fall through?!

6 Likes

they should use it sometimes

3 Likes

Now I TRULY love this map and genuinely love the aesthetic of it!

Something though that’s rather sad to me is just that the platforms could have some more diversity, maybe actual stuff that will require the player to parkour etc etc. I get that KOTH maps are supposed to be like that and I like the build a lot, but I wish newer maps weren’t just about recolouring. :sob:

4 Likes

this looks amazing! good job :D

3 Likes

I think with this map, knockback 1 maybe 2 should be added to the sticks

3 Likes

I LOVE IT :heart: The blocks all work together so well and it would be a nice change from the current nether themed one!

Feedback: you could try adding more random holes around the lower platforms to make the user more careful, the obstacles currently seem quite symmetrical and so adding randomised holes/obstacles may make footing less predictable (and more fun!)

i forgot how to english, so if anything doesnt make sense let me know :)

Keep up the amazing work!

edit: also the drive links dont work

3 Likes

Hi, could you please make sure that the Google drive links are set to “anyone with the link” so I can view the files

Map looks great btw :shockedrere:

8 Likes

Haha oop its done know though.

3 Likes

Hey @Mcghosty1300, Thanks for the map submission! While it definitely looks great and I’d love to have it added to the map pool, there are a few suggestions I’d like to see implemented first.

• The first layer is ~15 blocks wide which is fine, but the other 2 are too large and it’d be impossible to knock anyone off with the current knockback sticks, so maybe change the size to fit in between 15-25 blocks, less is usually better. The current arena in use makes it so if you fall within the inside of any ring, you go straight to the void.
  • The glass dome which covers the arena unfortunately causes a lot of performance issues, so maybe reducing the thickness of the glass to 1 block or reducing the amount of colours would be appreciated
  • I see a spectator area, though it’d be handy if you could mark a spawn point using a pressure plate.

Aside from that, the map looks good! Feel free to @ me once you made the changes and I’ll have another look.

7 Likes

Version 2 :fire:

2 Likes