Kill 300 creeper quest

Ive been stuck on the kill 300 creeper quest for about a month now and ive killed like 5% of required 300.

Is it possible for a rework for this quest either allowing killing mining world creepers or just decrease the amount overall. otherwise i just will not be able to complete the quest and forever be stuck on it.

7 Likes

+1 Please fix the quest! im tired of seeing people complaining about it

1 Like

A mob killing quest shouldn’t be over 100 in my opinion, considering it can sometimes relies on the tps and make it even worse than expected…
It’s not fun to hunt for creepers and 500 is clearly not gonna motivate anyone to do the quest-

1 Like

Would 300 creepers in the mining world be achievable or is that still too much?

3 Likes

It will be possible, just a way too long and boring in my opinion. A great tip would be to cave yourself in the mining world and just be lucky! Trust the process, I mined tons of copper and encountered a good amount of mobs!

If the TPS is decent, you can get a good amount of hostile mobs spawning but the thing is that they only spawn as 3 mobs, so you don’t always get creepers. Plus it actually takes time for them to spawn, depending of the TPS and also regarding your timezone because there are times where it’s not even use trying to beat a quest…

1 Like

Never done the quest but I can tell how frustrating and demoralising it could be to see Kill 300 creepers. :joy:

Edit: I didn’t know those creepers didn’t count, oh god… 150 creepers and considering those from the mining world is doable. If they can’t be considered, then a nerf to 100 or below would be the way to go.

1 Like

Meh, but if you’re not JUST concentrating on that one quest and you’re working on other stuff on the server as well, it can sort of be a background thing I think

Like when you see a creeper, it’s the kind of thing where you’d immediately rush to kill it and be glad about making even a bit of progress on the quest

If it’s not the only thing you’re thinking about and trying to complete, I don’t see it as long and boring but rather like an actual challenge that takes time

I do think 300 might be a bit much and 150-200 (to maintain a considerably long challenge) might be the sweet spot. Also yeah mining world creepers would help probably

2 Likes

The other quests for killing monsters were possible because we had spawners. For creepers we have to rely on natural spawns, which is simply not possible if its limited to the main world. Even in the mining world its possible to find a couple creepers in one cave, but its still sparse if you are unlucky with spawns. I would at least half the amount of creepers we need to kill for the quest and make a creeper spawn farm in the mining world a viable option.

1 Like

I will be honest, the other killing quests are one of the easiest due to the spawners. It’s just a matter of time for you to get the reward but spawners makes it so easy that you get them in less than an hour. I believe it caused a lot of players to be a bit more lazy, thus not looking too far to beat a quest, no more exploring etc.

Every quest is doable, just, again, in a matter of time. A quest that last for a week is still a doable quest and it’s fair that some take time because speedrunning every quest is just tons of free rewards whereas we gotta deserve them in my opinion through semi hard challenges.

It is 100% possible and that’s something I could do. Would probably take more than 2 or 3 weeks depending of the server TPS or just my activity but there’s nothing that stops creepers to spawn.

This also got me confused. XD People do be making creeper farms, just that it isn’t as efficient as expected but they exist. But yeah, if you are expecting them to make a setup to only spawn creepers just for 1 quest, that’s how I understood that sentence :sweat_smile:, well I’d say there are better options~

@toejammmmmmmmmmm sniping comments to like them wtf

1 Like

I hunted for creepers in the mining world once, so I could get music discs. I stood afk in a cave and waited until I could see one spawned around me. That often took more than 10min, sometimes 20. For 300 Creepers that would be somewhat around 50 to 100h. If it sounds like cool challenge to you, good for you I guess. But I ain’t doing that.

2 Likes

I never stated that it’s a cool quest, never been a fan of hunting 300 creepers which is why I suggested a nerf! :laughing: I just wanted to point out that every quest is doable, again, in a matter of time. Quests aren’t made to be beaten in about 2 days, those are actual challenges that you gotta grind for!

1 Like

Problem is that they don’t spawn as much as other hostile mobs do. Plus the server tps causes another issue as well. Some solutions can be a lower number (Between maybe 75-100) of the amount to be killed or increasing the spawn rates to make them spawn way more frequently.

2 Likes

Yep, we suggested to lower the amount of creepers to be killed! Allowing the ones from the mining world should also be considered because I don’t see why it isn’t a thing yet. :sob:

1 Like

I think lower the creepers by at least a bit and include mining world creepers as well.

1 Like

So my friend was able to do this, creepers spawn in mesa, so dig out a mesa and you should be able to farm them, (my friend did this quest in only 3 days!)

1 Like

3 days is still a long time for a quest.

1 Like

Creepers spawn everywhere, I doubt there’s a specific place where they spawn more frequently so the point of having a mess might be pointless? Oh and maybe he played with a good amount of TPS. Either way, 3 days in my opinion is fine for a quest viability, just that, in my opinion, the TPS has such a huge impact to it and can really mess this quest up-

2 Likes

What if we keep it restricted to the main world but lower it to 75?

5 Likes

that would be perfect ngl

2 Likes

Meh. Quests that are only restricted to one world are not really fun in my opinion. The mining world is less laggy and it would be really cool to be able to use it as well. The quest remain doable tho.

2 Likes