Jungle Woolwars Map Submssion!

Map name: - Jungle

Creator(s): - HarriTunaFish

Map type: NORMAL/DUEL/TOURNAMENT - Normal

Parkour block: - Jungle Wood (NOT SLAB)

Player podium block: - Dark Green Wool

Map download link: ww map no peeking unless staff

Portal Spawn Location should be at -985 57 191

Let me know if you need the direct file and I can upload through discord dms!

-Harri

4 Likes

Hi! I love the theme of the map you have made, and as Jamie said, we don’t have a jungle map yet.

But as the negatives,
I think the map looks a tad bit too bland, and there aren’t enough platforms for PvP, and the existing platforms on the wall are way too small. Also, I noticed the jungle trees are grown from saplings, and I think you should at least custom build the trees to make it look nicer, and seem like you have put effort into making the map. The platform look like they were made with minimal effort, as some of them are just floating patches of grass blocks. I don’t want you to be discouraged, but this is what I think of the map.

Im sorry but I have to give this map a -0,5. Good luck.

3 Likes

aw Im not good at building I was just having some fun but there was no need to be mean about it

2 Likes

Im not being mean, just giving constructive criticism and rating the map.

2 Likes

have you read your message you just said you rate my map a -0/5 and said it looks like I put no effort into it and the platforms look like they were made with minimal effort
I have never build a map before and everything I build in minecraft is either basic houses or cave homes its my first time trying to build something good, its not exactly constructive criticism because constructive criticism isnt just telling me its bad, basic, bland and that I put no effort into it

2 Likes

Im sorry if I was harsh, but some of these maps are taken into consideration for being added, and this isn’t exactly the best thing to do to have fun. Sorry if I misunderstood anything. Although the staff team have said they like that they get new map submissions. I just meant to rate the map. If you want to chat more you can add me on discord, my tag is leevi#9270.

2 Likes

Hallo! I really like the theme of this map. We don’t actually have a jungle themed Woolwars map yet (I don’t think) so it’s always nice to see a creative idea!
One piece of advice I have is make the biome a Jungle biome; that way, the trees and grass will be a lush green colour instead of the slightly dead-looking colour they are now. You could also add leaves hanging off the sides of the floating islands and add extra shrubbery in places to make the map feel more overgrown, as currently it looks a little barren.
I really like the jungle idea and am surprised we do not already have a map with that theme!
I think with a bit of tweaking, this could be a very unique and fun to play on map! Don’t be disheartened by Dryc’s comment, as I’m sure he never meant to come across that way to you.

4 Likes

^ As Jamie said, I didn’t mean to come of as mean. I love seeing the woolwars community being active and making maps! We just have a +1 and -1 rating system on the forums.

4 Likes

Hey there! I think your woolwars map looks quite fine but if you are serious about trying to get it into the game I can provide some feedback that will help improve your chances.

I love your Idea and I think it is well executed so I only have little things to say about it.

• your bridges look very torn which I like but then you have this one bridge that completely defies gravity. Try building with this in mind :smiley:

• the current trees look bland. Try custom trees. If you are having trouble there are some great videos on YouTube with tips and tricks to get you there!

• more vines, just my preference. I think it looks kinda wack just having one. Besides it will help you add more stuff on the walls which is always a plus with woolwars.

• love your glider

• try detailing your ponds/lakes. They look flat and could use some nice extras such as plants or detailing the bottom of the water with different blocks.

• In my oppinion change that one island into a cloud aswell. Its good to have a clear line where the clouds are. Also more clouds wouldn’t hurt I feel.

• I cant see it very well but your river at the bottom of the map looks unrealistic. Add more curve, heck add leaves and other organic things.

Thats about all that I could pick up on with the screenshots. I wish you best of luck and hope you had fun building it!

Have a damn good day!

5 Likes

-0.5 The actual build itself is okay, but it lacks some platforms and it has a rather boring colour palette. It looks like it’s all the acacia biome green, which isn’t too pleasant i must add. Decent map, and gl otherwise :D

2 Likes

Hi, I want to start by thanking you for your ideas and suggestions, I will work on implamenting them tomorrow, if you want to add me on discord my name is Harri#5445 and I would love to stay in contact with you whilst adding more to my map as your suggestions have been helpful and constructive! I have already changed the bottom of the pond to logs with some darker logs for highlight, I am yet to start on the lake, also I have added some sugar cane to the pond to make it look well kept up. Regarding the bridge, the reason it defies gravity is because over at the hut it is meant to be well kept up while the rest of it is overgrown and rotting and wrecked, I am not sure how to make it look more kept up. I would like to expand on your inputs and also I have tried to follow custom tree ideas, but I thought that larger trees from saplings would be easier, I will try to make some custom trees tomorrow when I have more time! Ty again!

SideNote: To Dyrc, I did not rush this, I have been asking for ideas from the community in the #woolwars section of the discord. I have added everything that was suggested despite the fact that it has mostly been to add more sections for pvp, I am working on making it better and this post will be deleted soon, you sated in a message on discord that you were building it and doing manually for fun and enjoyment, you then insinuated in your reply to this post that me making this and submitting it isnt something I should be doing for fun, whether this was a misunderstanding or not, I want to make it clear that I was serious and wanted to get this accepted but I only had the idea because I thought it would be fun, I had fun while building this and that is what I mean, this wasn’t a joke submission although now it has been make bluntly clear to me I need to change it, which is what I indend on doing! I will change it and will re-upload this, with a better version, and it will be more fun to play on!

-Harri

4 Likes

We have a jungle map already though, its just been removed since the first revamp it looked somewhat similar to this as well

2 Likes

Yeah, but I meant we don’t have a jungle map in rotation at the moment.

2 Likes

Hi there,

Unfortunately your submission has been unsuccessful this time, but please don’t be discouraged! We are always delighted any time we get new maps from players and we’d love to see more of these from you. Thanks for your submission! :)