JoshyVT's Staff Application (April 2023)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I have been a player on Munchy since August 14, 2015.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
I don’t have much experience with recording softwares, but I would absolutely be interested in learning how to efficiently record and what softwares/programs to use.

UPDATE: I have downloaded OBS and have a basic understanding of how to create clips in game.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
I have both TS3 and discord downloaded, I am much more familiar with Discord than I am with TS3, as I have been using discord for a few years for various reasons including gaming and business.

Application

IGN:
My current IGN is Joshy__x, but will be changing it back to JoshyVT
Timezone:
Eastern (EST)
Can you use a microphone for an interview?:
Yes
Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):
JMod
Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):
Prison
How active can you be per week?
I can be on around 20+ hours a week
EDIT: I came back to this, and wanted to include more information.
I am consistent with my time on the server. I am frequently online around 8pm - as late as 6am (EST of course).

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
I do have a few punishments in the past. My most recent RELEVANT* punishment was a mute in early 2021, when i said a slur. From what I remember, a player killed me outside and reacted in a very toxic manner, eventually making it personal to the point where I called him a slur. I since then have made sure to watch my mouth, as I have matured and have come to understand that nobody deserves such foul language. I have a few other mutes here and there before that from spamming chat during events, etc, no bans or blacklists.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
I have not applied for staff for prison that I recall. I remember a few years ago I applied for event staff for Kit, however I was too young and was too incompetent to correctly fill it out (I was maybe 15-16 at the time).

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I think my reputation is quite positive throughout the community. I like to help out new players, showing them warps, and handing them items for demonstrations. Within the higher end players, I believe I am pretty respected, as I like to be generally friendly with everyone I meet. On top of that, I join voice chats very frequently with the different gangs and players, and I feel the feedback is overall very positive.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
I am interested in this role because I really like to help people out. Becoming staff on Munchy would give me an opportunity to make a positive change for the server that I’ve come back to play for the past 7 1/2 years. My ultimate goal as a staff member would be to help the server become a safer place for everyone of all demographics, as well as keeping the game fair for all players, and encouraging everyone to have safe fun!

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
EDIT: I have some experience moderating a few discord servers, as well as coordinating events between the members. Additionally, through efficient communication, I have coordinated online business deals and promotions. 8/10

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
I’d say I can very confidently recognize and identify cheaters. I have been playing Minecraft since the days of MCPvP, I’ve seen all types of cheats implemented, and I believe I have a good eye for those sorts of things. Some examples of cheats/hacks I’ve been able to confidently detect are as follows;
EDITED to make things easier :slight_smile:

• Killaura/Aimbot
  • Autoclicking
  • Reach
  • Bunny Hopping
  • Flying
  • Xray/ESP
  • Tracers
  • Speed
  • Autosoup (N/A for prison)
  • Anti Knockback
  • Slowfalling

8/10

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
While I have not submitted recordings, I have reported cheaters/hackers to staff in the following areas:

• Blacklisted alts on Prison (Bunny hopping + flying)
  • Players on KitPvP (autosouping)
  • Players autoclicking + aimbotting on woolwars

Thank you for your time!

8 Likes

+1
Never had any negative interactions like ever! Friendly and mature, for recording software i can recommend OBS, super easy to use!

1 Like

OBS was my first instinct, thanks for the feedback DJ!

+1 joshy is very swag and has a lot of knowledge when it comes to identifying toggled cheats and is very communicative, would be a great addition to the staff team. he handles situations with transparency and is a good friend!

1 Like

+1 joshy a G frfr

1 Like

+10 would be an amazing mod! He is very friendly, mature, helpful, and overall great to be around! Wish ya luck Josh!

1 Like

+1 always been a good figure, definitely would do well

1 Like

Thanks mala!

1 Like

+1 Very cool, mature, friendly and just awesome
gl!

1 Like

+1
he’s mature, friendly, cool as well :D

1 Like

I back Joshy 100% for staff! Not only is he an active player but he knows what he is talking about. He knows this game well and he knows how to spot cheating when it occurs. He is a great guy and is always willing to help. Goodluck to all applicants!

3 Likes

+1 !!!

1 Like

+1. Active, chill, competitive good app

1 Like

Super polite + dedicated to the server, +1!!

1 Like

Our relationship is largely mutual and I don’t believe we’ve ever had a real conversation despite coexisting on the server for years. I think Munchy right now would really benefit from someone who’s been around the block, so to speak. Someone with some history behind them, who knows how things used to be. In my opinion your biggest selling point here is your lifespan because no one else has got it. It would be really cool to see you as a Moderator here especially after so much time.

2 Likes

Joshy is the goat

+1

3 Likes

+1 for sure!! i just got back into prison after a pretty long hiatus because of him and he’s always super fun to be around. he’s been kind enough to include me in so many things on the server and just been super helpful in refreshing me on the ins and outs of prison. always been super mature and helpful and kind for as long as i’ve known him and i have no doubt that he would be an excellent mod!

3 Likes

+1 any day! Joshy is kind considerate and always willing to help out

2 Likes

+1 good guy, always positive.

2 Likes

It was a pleasure applying, thank you all for the kind words! :slight_smile:
Good luck to all other applicants!!!

5 Likes