Inside An Imposter (UPDATED WOOLWARS MAP)

Hello!
So recently I made a woolwars map based off a game called,
Among us.
The map got a few feedback and I decided to listen! :smiley:
(Also thanks to @Beelzebeel for the feedback :D)

Name Of Map: Inside An Imposter
Map Center: 0 -51 -1 (I think)
Radius: 30 blocks
Podium Block For Start Of Game: Nether Quartz Ore
Location For Spawn: -1 51 -27
Block For Parkour: Mossy Cobblestone & Oak Fence
Type Of Map: Normal
Players Till Max: 24
Builders: Jjparty08
(Heads added: CupcakePlayz668, AshFizzle, Blue axo)

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11tzoJt09zQMeWvOXNS4h19rhzORIZb8_/view?usp=sharing

secret spot:

Thanks for thinking about my idea!

p.s amog us

3 Likes

I’d like to give more advice, as that I see that you have taken in some advice, but I think I need to elaborate a bit more!

• The map does look better then it did prior, however I think it takes 1/10th of the advice I and others supplied initially.

• The red wool walls still look plain with the addition of the occasional redstone blocks. I’d recommend adding something of the likeness of Red Stained Clay. You could also try adding obsidian, and gray or black stained clay to the floor. It would also be nice to include a roof.

• With the addition of the crewmates goggles in the upper section of the map, to some degree it mixes up the background of red wool. To be fair, it doesn’t look too bad, but I think it could be improved to some degree.

• Now looking back on it, I realize that this map was made in mind to portray the image of being inside of an Imposter, (how come I didn’t realize that from the title you ask? Well, I forgot, okay?) however that just brings more questions for me to ask. What are the netherrack blocks supposed to be? How come the middle platform isn’t portrayed as more of a bone? Where is the mouth supposed to be? Why is there lava and water in the bone? What is the slime blocks supposed to represent? Etcetera, et cetera. This doesn’t mean that the map isn’t bad, however it lacks sufficient reference to the material you are trying to portray, and I think you could elaborate on the fact that it is actually inside an imposter.

I’d also like to mention that, to be honest, it doesn’t hurt if you restart from scratch in this case. To be fair, I think it would be easier than to remove all the blocks one by one, or with WorldEdit. I also really appreciate the fact that you have perseverance through everything and are willing to change the map to be suitable for Munchy at a moment’s notice. Anyways, I will stop here. If you’d like more advice, feel free to message me privately here on the forums. As well, don’t fret to reply to this for what ever questions you may have. Signing off.

:heart:

1 Like

What are the netherrack blocks supposed to be? How come the middle platform isn’t portrayed as more of a bone? Where is the mouth supposed to be? Why is there lava and water in the bone? What is the slime blocks supposed to represent?

The netherrack is suppose to be like gross insides of the imposter,
The reason its not a bone is because

1. Spheres are hard by myself XD
  2. The imposter can bend into anything right? Well thats half the bone which means the imposter can still stand but can also bend with the other half of the bone not being there.
    I didnt add the mouth because the imposter opens there mouth when there killing which means Ill have to add a whole another crewmate inside the imposter and there would be no room with anything else.
    The reason lava and water is in the bone because hes an imposter, no one has really told us whats inside an imposter so Im just guessing,
    also its so when people fall from above they either have a chance of living and falling in water or falling in lava.
    The slime blocks represent the infection around the bone.
    Also its kinda hard to restart because in the book they say world edit is not allowed from what I read.
    So I had to place each block one by one and it took me a little while for the walls.
    I think thats smart with the obby but the reason I use red wool is because its either red wool or stained clay and I tried to find stain clay in 1.17 and its not there so the 1.17 players wont see it.

Thanks for the feedback :D

Also if anyone can, can someone msg me (thats in charge of the submitting) to tell me if it can go into woolwars or not? Thx!

:postbox: :postbox: :postbox:

1 Like

p.s
amog us

sussy baka v2 (disclaimer: this is not an encouragement for anybody to make sussy baka jokes. They are not funny. Please refrain from making them.)

1 Like

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣶⣦⣤⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⡿⠛⠉⠙⠛⠛⠛⠛⠻⢿⣿⣷⣤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⠈⢻⣿⣿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⣿⡏⠀⠀⠀⣠⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⠁⠀⠀⢰⣿⣿⣯⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣷⡄⠀
⠀⠀⣀⣤⣴⣶⣶⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣷⠀
⠀⢰⣿⡟⠋⠉⣹⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⠀
⠀⢸⣿⡇⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠃⠀
⠀⣸⣿⡇⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠻⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⢻⣿⡇⠀⠀
⠀⣿⣿⠁⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣧⠀⠀
⠀⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠀⠀
⠀⢿⣿⡆⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⡇⠀⠀
⠀⠸⣿⣧⡀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⣷⣶⣶⣶⣶⠶⠀⢠⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⣽⣿⡏⠁⠀⠀⢸⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢹⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⣸⣿⠇⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⣦⣄⣀⣠⣴⣿⣿⠁⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠿⠿⠿⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

1 Like

amog us

thats tru

Apologies for the 7 hour delay in between your reply and this, I was reading some things :eyes:

To be fair, you could install Forge, and put WorldEdit in it to more easily make shapes like spheres, and speed up the building process severely. Here is a link on WikiHow on how to install it. I also recommend using 1.8.9 Forge. As well, to mention, Stained Clay is Terracotta in the later versions.

If you’d like to do more infection, I’d recommend using more things like Green/lime Stained Clay, Leaves, and Vines.

I don’t really understand by what you mean when you say ‘in the book . . . world edit is not allowed.’ They say that World Edit schematic files aren’t allowed. By that, they refer to submitting the map. In no way do they say any certain specific mods aren’t allowed. Trust me in the factor that I’ve read that said book over 5 times. Alongside the ‘Making a WoolWars Map’ forum post.

Usually when it comes to map submissions, they usually reply on the forums post, not in the messages. Usually the process for them to do said reply, takes several months. I’ve even seen maps that have taken a year to get accepted. I don’t decide whether or not WoolWars maps get accepted or not, however I am quite wary when it comes to what maps they usually accept.

Signing off.

If you’d like to do more infection, I’d recommend using more things like Green/lime Stained Clay, Leaves, and Vines.

• I do think thoose would be a good idea but I like how the slime block looks more gross and slimey
  • When you join the woolwars map after you download it theres a book that says some rules about making a woolwars map and in the book from what I rember it says world edit is not accepted.
  • thanks for informing me on that :D

Thanks for the feedback on how it could be better! :D

1 Like

Apologies for the rapid fire replies, however I’ve seen many, many, many maps created with WorldEdit. And none of them have been denied of “using WorldEdit.” I’ve made WoolWars maps in the past, and people had no issues with using WorldEdit. To be fair I think this is just a misunderstanding on your front. If you have more conclusive evidence that WorldEdit is still not allowed, then please do not fret to reply. But first, I’d recommend loading up that map again and checking that book for the wording in it.

Signing off, for the 3rd time on this post.

(edit: i accidently typed :heart" lmao)

oh ok then! I guess I just miss read thx for the information.

1 Like

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣶⣦⣤⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⡿⠛⠉⠙⠛⠛⠛⠛⠻⢿⣿⣷⣤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⠈⢻⣿⣿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⣿⡏⠀⠀⠀⣠⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⠁⠀⠀⢰⣿⣿⣯⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣷⡄⠀
⠀⠀⣀⣤⣴⣶⣶⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣷⠀
⠀⢰⣿⡟⠋⠉⣹⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⠀
⠀⢸⣿⡇⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠃⠀
⠀⣸⣿⡇⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠻⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⢻⣿⡇⠀⠀
⠀⣿⣿⠁⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣧⠀⠀
⠀⢿⣿⡆⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⡇⠀⠀
⠀⠸⣿⣧⡀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⣷⣶⣶⣶⣶⠶⠀⢠⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⣽⣿⡏⠁⠀⠀⢸⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢹⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⣸⣿⠇⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⣦⣄⣀⣠⣴⣿⣿⠁⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠿⠿⠿⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

1 Like

3 Likes

Hey there, sorry for the delay.

Unfortunately your submission has been unsuccessful this time, but please don’t be discouraged! We are always delighted any time we get new maps from players and we’d love to see more of these from you! Thank you for your submission!

2 Likes