iNateCo's Staff Application (May 2021)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes I have been playing on the MunchyMC Network since May of 2020.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes I use OBS as well as Streamlabs OBS

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:

Yes I have TeamSpeak 3 as well as Discord and I am very knowledgeable on how to use them. (Discord iNateCo#9762)

Application

IGN: iNateCo (Previous IGN’s may be viewed here)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Can you use a microphone for an interview?: Yes I have a standard microphone that can be used for interviews.

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod): I am interested in the Junior Moderator Role (JMOD)

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE): I am interested in moderating KitPvP, and a side note I feel KitPvP is in lack of staff now so I feel I would be a great match for it!

How active can you be per week?

Schedule (Times may vary due to IRL situations)

Sunday: 10:00am - 9:00pm (10:00am - 21:00pm)

Monday: 9:00am - 9:00pm (09:00am - 21:00pm)

Tuesday: 9:00am - 9:00pm (09:00am - 21:00pm)

Wednesday: 9:00am - 6:30pm (09:00am - 18:30pm)

Thursday: 9:00am - 9:00pm (09:00am - 21:00pm)

Friday: 9:00am - 3:00pm (09:00am - 15:00pm)[Times may vary due to religious purposes]

Saturday: 7:00pm - 12:00pm (19:00pm - 00:00pm)[Times may vary due to religious purposes]

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

Yes I do have 1 punishment on the MunchyMC Network. This occurred around late October early November of 2020. I was banned for auto clicking, and I was not being smart at all and I take full responsibility for my actions. This is a very dumb decision by me and I would never do it again, the program was uninstalled completely and I would never download it again or even worse use it again. I eventually bought an unban because MunchyMC is my favorite server to play on and I thought to myself “what have I done?” because I don’t know why I thought I could get away with something like that and I would never do it again. Again I take full responsibility for my actions and would never do something in any way that gives me an unfair advantage ever again. Aside from that I have had some joke mutes, temp-bans and soft kicks by staff.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

Yes I have, I applied for staff back during the season of December 2020/January 2021. I have taken many steps to improve and one of the biggest ones is becoming an Event Team Member. Becoming an Event Team Member has really shown me how to handle some situations very well amongst large amounts of players and just simply helping players out when needed. It really opened my eyes and showed me what it’s like to help players out. As well as I mentioned in my previous application that my emotions can sometimes really get the best of me, and I have worked really hard on this and becoming an Event Team Member made me work even harder on this and pushing myself to get past this bump I think I have achieved my goal.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

I think I have an excellent, positive and very well respected reputation within the MunchyMC Community. I am very active in-game and know my way around the community as well as all the players and all the staff. I am fairly active in the discord and very active in the MunchyMC TeamSpeak. On every gamemode I play on I try to use my knowledge to help new players and just be a helpful player overall as well as a kind, nice and respectful player. I have also had the incredible opportunity to give back to the community by becoming an Event Member around 3 months ago. So I might be very well known within the community, especially the KitPvP community. To add to this I am extremely happy I made the decision to join MunchyMC and it was the best decision I have ever made. The community is great and I love it!

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

Something that gave me an interest to apply and motivated me to apply is that (stated in my Event Team Application) I would really like to give back to this incredible community! MunchyMC has made my life 10x better than it was before I joined. I have made so many new friends that I talk with everyday!

Other types of motivations were overall helping out the community as much as I can and also different types of situations where there have been hackers, harassers, and abusers, really making KitPvP not as enjoyable for the moment it it really saddens me that I can’t do much about it, all I can do is try to get a staff member. I try to do as much as possible but there are some situations where it just annoys me and makes me very upset that all I can really do is sit and watch until a staff member deals with it. In the future I want that staff member to be me! I want to be the one helping others as much as I can! I want to make the community an even better place than it already is.

Another very large motivation is my activity. Most players know me for my enormous amount of activity! I am always on, and many players know that. That is why I am very motivated, tying back into my second point since I am so active on KitPvP, if I were to become staff I could use my activity to help out the community as much as possible, to most players I am one of the most active players out there.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

I would give myself an 8/10 because I am very knowledgeable on smaller servers that my friends have owned in the past and have shut down, or large discord servers. As far as I know I have never moderated a server as large as MunchyMC. My overall knowledge mainly comes from staff teaching me some basics on how to moderate, identify things, and handle situations. But still since I have mentioned I have never moderated a Minecraft server as large as MunchyMC so my knowledge is limited to a certain point. But I am a fast learner and I did well when I started as an Event Team Member so I think I could get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

I would rate myself a 7/10 due to the fact that I have never moderated such a large server before. But I have done my part by researching and gaining more and more knowledge on different types of hacks and how to identify them. Even though I have somewhat of a smaller amount of knowledge then the average staff on hackers I am always open to learning new things and would very much enjoy it. I continue to study how to identify hacks and becoming a Junior Moderator on MunchyMC would really help me learn more and gain more knowledge on hackers.

Here are some hacks that I can detect:

Fly: As it says, allows you to fly

Reach: Reach allows the player to extend the normal vanilla Minecraft hit distance, allowing to hit the player from a distance that is not possible.

KillAura: This cheat allows the hacker to automatically attack the surrounding players within the set radius of the hack.

Bhop: Bhop, or Bunny Hopping is a cheat that allows you to jump like a bunny but at incredibly fast speeds.

AntiKB: AntiKB or Anti-Knockback is a cheat that hackers use to take no knockback

AutoClicker: This hack allows the cheater to not have to click his mouse, this cheat is somewhat harder to detect without an anti cheat system, or you can check the logs to see.

Aimbot: Aimbot is a hack that allows the hacker to fire arrows that will hit the designated player no matter what. This cheat is pretty detectable, for example when you see an archer shooting but the arrow goes behind the hacker and hits the player.

Misplace: This hack is almost like reach but is not the same. Instead of hitting players from a far distance this cheat places the hacker himself, allowing for the hacker to hit from a farther distance as well as not being able to be hit easily by the opposing player.

Jesus: This hack allows the cheater to walk on water at incredible speeds, this allows them to not be hit as well as hit others.

No Fall: The “No Fall Hack” allows the cheater to jump from any height but take no fall damage whatsoever.

AutoSoup: This hack allows the hacker to continuously soup while hitting a player without switching to soup back to his sword. This is very easy to detect if they are hitting and dropping soup at the same time.

InfiniteAura: This hack is like KillAura except you can hit players from across the map at any distance with no limits.

X-ray: This hack allows the cheater to view all ores and lava pools making it look like the stone is glass. It is easy to detect this with checking the players inventory and looking for various tunnels that lead straight to ores.

Tracers: This allows the hacker to see all players and trace them, and track all entity movement.

TrueSight: Allows the hacker to see staff who are watching them, and other invisible entities.

PingSpoof: This is not really a hack but more of a cheat. This allows the player to modify their ping to allow them to look like they are extremely laggy, and can bypass any fight, or event. This is pretty easy to detect by looking to see if their ping keeps spiking up to 1000ms or so and then back down to normal.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

Here is a playlist with multiple hacker reports caught on video

Click the arrow to view the reports

MunchyMC Hacker Reports

Many other reports have been made directly to staff or using the /report command.

EDITS

• Edited the format of the application
  • Added to the types of hacks section
  • Extended the dividers
  • Edited "Can you use a microphone for an interview?"

Thank you for taking the time to read my application!

All feedback is welcome!

Best of luck to all other applicants!

-Nate

26 Likes

+600, well deserved! Nate is a hardworking person, He deserves this spot! Change my mind, super nice, active, amazing, kind and generous!

4 Likes

+1 Nate, you absolutely deserve this spot. You are one of the most active people on the server. I never saw you mean or toxic, you are always kind to other players. GOOD LUCK! :grinning:

3 Likes

HUGEEEEE +1

• Extremely Mature
  • Very nice
  • Extremely active

I really hope you get the role! You honestly deserve it as one of the most.

2 Likes

+1
Nate, you are a very nice and mature person! If someone deserves staff it is you! You will do a awesome job with no doubt! :D

3 Likes

Thank you so much Alty!

2 Likes

Thank you so much Luka! It means a lot <3

2 Likes

Thank you so much Dutch!!!
I really hope you get it as well best of luck to you!

2 Likes

Thank you so much Bee! Your kind words really mean a lot! <3

3 Likes

+1 really good guy and deserves staff

3 Likes

Thank you so much Nacho it means a lot! <3

2 Likes
  • Mature, friendly, approachable, etc
  • Nice application
  • Active
    +1
3 Likes

Thank you so much 82602!!! It means a lot!

2 Likes

+1
Active, friendly, nice application and amazing event team member

3 Likes

Thank you so much Just!

2 Likes

Nate is in teamspeak for like 27 hours a day.
Her’s very dedicated, and a great event member!
+1!!
Goodluck Nate :v:

edit

Your application is very good aswell! Detailed, but not overdone.
very nice !

3 Likes

Massive +1. I have known Nate to be an incredibly kind, hardworking, and friendly individual throughout my time on Munchy. Nate is also mature when it comes to important topics, while still being able to handle stressful situations in a calm and respectful manner. His application is detailed and properly formatted as well. He is also Canadian of course, which, in and of itself, should make sure he is accepted.

Good luck to you Nate :)

2 Likes

Thank you so much Helix! Your words mean so much! <3

2 Likes

+1, Cool guy. Best of luck!

3 Likes

Thank you so much Ace!!! It really means a lot especially from a fellow Canadian! :> But thank you so much for the incredibly kind words! <3

2 Likes