IGN: _RedKnight_ - Junior Moderator Staff Application

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST :

- have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I’ve been a munchymc player for over a year now.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes, I have the ability to record videos of hackers at a high quality and framerate.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:
Yes, I currently have teamspeak 3 downloaded and setup.

IGN: _RedKnight_

Timezone: EST or (EDT)

Languages Spoken: I only speak fluent english.

Server you would like to moderate:
I would love to moderate Wool-Wars and Survival Games.

How active can you be per week?
Monday: 4-6 hours
Tuesday: 4-7 hours
Wednesday: 4-5 hours
Thursday: 3-6 hours
Friday: 3-4 hours
Saturday: 5-6 hours
Sunday: 4-6 hours

Overall, around 30-40 hours per week.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?
I first joined October 24th, 2018. I stayed on Munchy because of the community. I love logging into the server every day and having conversations with other individuals. Also, on the munchy discord server, people are so kind and warm welcoming. This community has been shaped into something special. I can’t describe in words how much Munchy means to me. For it is these reasons that I’ve stayed and I’m glad I made the right choice. After 2019 ended, I decided to come back to Munchy and I would stay this time. I was on kit-pvp and saw how the community interacts with one another. It was such a positive experience and I wanted to be apart of that. Seeing the community interact with the staff team and the connection that they have formed, just made me feel so good about what I was about to become apart of. People on this server have such a connection with one another and to me, that is the most important thing of all. I was very inactive in late 2019, but since then, I’ve been playing Munchy a lot more. When I originally joined, the only reason I did was because of many recommendations from my friends and I was glad I listened to them. Currently, kitpvp has intrigued me the a lot but, the reason I want to moderate wool wars was because I want to experience something new. Moderating a game that is so unique and interesting makes me just want the challenge even more. Overall the main reasons I stayed on munchy was because of the super chill player base and excellent staff team!

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story:
I have been muted a few times. But they were so long ago I can’t exactly remember my side of the story.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:

Server: Magikcraft

Role: My main role was muting toxic players and banning hackers.
This was my thought process in getting a moderator role on a smaller server. Becoming a moderator on the smaller server was so that I could gain the experience necessary to become a moderator on a server of this caliber. At first I thought I wouldn’t be good enough and that was my mindset. I also asked myself, do I have what it takes to handle the moderator role? Finally I thought to myself that: am I the type of person that would stop what i’m doing and help someone else? But then, I thought to myself: I can be. That’s when I mustered up the courage to apply here. Personally, accepted or not, i’m glad that i’m able to be apart of a community like Munchy. The only reason I had resigned from my last position was because of my owners. They didn’t care about the server or their staff. Our developers were lazy. I was a moderator running the server. I handled applications and discord announcements. I ended up resigning a july 30th, 2019 due to the poor server management. Every encounter I had on that server with the player base was super positive. So that didn’t factor into the reasons as to why I resigned. I always have stuck by this quote and I would hope others would do the same: “it takes a certain type of person to stop what they’re doing, and help someone for no reason other than the betterment of a community.” This means so much to me as it always motivated me to think positive and keep calm. It also has always reminded me that positive always outweighs the negative. After that, I took a break from being a staff member and have now recently been interested in being a staff member on a top tier server.

Do you have any anti-cheat experience?
Not as of yet. But I’m willing to learn how it functions. This topic has actually interested me for a while but i’m willing to take the time and learn. On my last server, we didn’t have an anti-cheat. We relied on reports from other players to identify hackers. Therefore I have no anti-cheat experience but i’m always willing to learn new things and take on challenges.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

(Purgatory) Hacker: 1 - YouTube

(Purgatory) Hacker: 2 - YouTube

(Purgatory) Hacker: 3 - YouTube

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?
One of my main goals the past year has been helping communities on minecraft to become more positive. So I’ve been going on different communities that have stood out to me like the munchymc community. Munchy has been one of the communities I’ve tried to help become super positive for a little while now. I feel like it’s time for me to become the epicenter of positivity in the MunchyMC community. During all of my time of going around to different communities, I realized that I wanted to stick to the one that I care about most. Which in turn, I’ve been going around from server to server on munchy to see if anybody needed help. As well as on the forums. I’ve helped multiple players in game as to how games work, or how to make a staff application. I’m always answering questions to the best of my capability and and welcoming new individuals in game and on the forums. I always am remaining positive as I try and set an example of myself and how the munchy community truly is, to new players. This is why I’m applying for staff here, because I feel like I need to play a bigger role in this community.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?
Being a former staff member on a smaller server, I know that communication is the most important skill to have in being a staff member. So, communication, coordination and respect is the main traits I’ve obtained and will apply to the MunchyMc staff team. I feel like wool wars can use some more staff members in all. It’s not often that people want to moderate wool wars. And it’s a game that has stood out to me for a while. Since the big update that wool wars received, I think that a good amount of moderators should occupy individual games. It would be a lot easier to moderate chat in that sense. I think I would be able to help grow the staff team for wool wars and have more people become interested into helping out with the wool wars community. Growing the number of wool wars moderators overall would help reduce chat offenders and hackers to a minimum. Maybe even non existent. One thing I’ve learned over the past year of being a staff member is that everyone has their own unique skill set. But I think everyone on a staff team always has something to bring that we have never seen before. Some overlap each other as others flourish. Personally, I believe I’ve got the skills to take on the moderator role and quickly learn how the MunchyMc staff function. I believe this will help me find who I am as I aid to make this community more positive.

How do you work when in a team?
I’ve never worked extremely well on my own, so becoming a staff member on a team that cares about it’s players is a huge bonus. I work super well in team related environments. Working in a team requires a dedication and respect for one another. Working in a team also requires for others to voice their opinions. Personally, I love hearing what others have to offer and see what they think. I’m always super open to criticism and lectures as to what I could improve. As it helps me to reflect and learn from my mistakes. I feel like that when I work in a team, I’m able to effectively finish work and if I ever am lost, I always have other staff members that are always going to be there for me. Listening to their ideas will allow me to formulate my own and relay them to the admins and management team. I feel like this is my honest opinion as to how I can benefit the staff team. I’m glad others will be able to voice their opinions as well as servers continue to flourish as honesty comes full circle. Overall I work super well in a team and it requires a lot of experience and respect.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why?
Personally, I think reach is a hard hack to detect. It’s all based on ping. If you have a lower ping then someone, the other person with the higher ping could be lagging. Reach is commonly mistaken for a ping difference in between players. As well as, depending on your FOV, the higher the FOV you have, the more it seems like players are hitting you from afar distance. I would like to list an honorable mention, auto sneak. Typically this hack is hard to detect overall. Reason being is that it can be confused for a visual glitch. I’ve seen this in lobby’s on other servers and it’s commonly mistaken as a visual phenomena. This hack basically allows you to sprint while sneaking. This hack limits player visibility and lowers your hitbox. Making this a great honorable mention.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial? I’ve never applied for staff on Munchy as I’ve recently mustered up the courage to do so. I thank all of the application managers and staff team for everything they do for us players and the community as a whole. Thanks for reading my application and have a great one! Also all of you stay safe!

Edits: Added more information to every single question. Also, adjusted the spacing to make it easier to read for you guys! one more thing, spelling and grammar has been checked and corrected! Added an extra section. Added my discord and NameMC link! Removed the NameMC link because I couldn’t get the right link to appear. Bolded My added section title. Made some grammar corrections. Added information to the questions. Added another server that I would like to moderate. Added Hacker Reports. Edited the age. Added a hacker report. Added Another hacker report. Took off kitpvp and kept wool wars. Added punishment information! Removed discord. Added survival games to the servers I would like to moderate. Edits: removed added section. Removed One of my hacker reports. Edited my punishments.

9 Likes

+1

I don’t play WoolWars, but from what I can see you are mature and active. Also good app.

best of luck!

3 Likes

thank you so much!

1 Like

How do I make a staff application?

1 Like

Join the MunchyMc discord and go to the annoucnments section, or go on the forums and click open

1 Like

It says “Error while trying to load” Something went wrong" My internet is good.

1 Like

I would suggest spacing out your application a little bit to make it easier to read. It’s currently just a wall of text. Good luck!

3 Likes

Thank you for the tip, I’ll fix that. Much appreciated and have a great one!

1 Like

+1 Great Application! One thing I noticed was that you put your IGN as Redknight without any underscores. This is a different account on namemc than yours, which is redknight. You might want to make sure your IGN is 100% correct!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

+1
I do not play on woolwars, but this is a very detailed and well-written application! You seem like you would be a very good fit for a staff position. You already have prior experience in similar roles, and seem like you would be mature and easy to get along with! Good luck!!

2 Likes

thank you so much for the feedback. And the positive comments. you just made my day. Have a great one!

2 Likes

No problem, and you too!! Hope you get it <3

2 Likes

it’s munchy’s forum currently, not your internet. Try to refresh the page a couple of times, that works for me.

2 Likes

Omg thanks! Mad my day x2

2 Likes

+1 Good app, experienced, mature.

2 Likes

Pretty good +1

2 Likes

Thanks all!

2 Likes

+1
That’s all

2 Likes