Ideas for the Survival Museum

Hello! I just wanted to share a few ideas I had for the Museum, as the reset is in 16 days now.

1: Usable warp totem and /homes:

This idea started when I lost my coordinates for Season 2.

• I think that saving the warp totem would be a big improvement, as many of the important buildings of the season are in the warp totem. Saving the warp totem would eliminate the need to keep the coordinates for each building, and could serve as inspiration for future builders.

• For the homes, they would work just like /home, but with a different command, like /s3home or something like that. I understand if this is not feasible due to other concerns, like storage. (Although, in my opinion, it shouldn’t take up that much space, but I might be wrong.)

(2 removed)

3: Being able to see inside chests/shulkers:
This is very minor, but it could let people see special items that they forgot to frame, also for me to stress about my organization skills.

4: Faster Fly speed:
Being able to set a faster fly speed would help people move around quicker. Also, for some reason, rockets for the elytra don’t work in the Museum.

5: Keeping Claim entry/exit signs:
This would let people see who built what.

6: Being able to see Baltop and the MCMMO leaderboards:
Just a thing to help preserve the season.

7: Being able to read books in lecterns:
Another thing for preservation, although something needs to happen to the lectern’s redstone signal.

I think that these could greatly help people for inspiration, and also for them to look back on what they created (totally not me being nostalgic about s2). I hope that you consider these ideas, especially number 1.
Thank you for reading! I’d appreciate your thoughts!

8 Likes

+1 Surv museum def needs revamps, dont think we should be able to use redstone though because that counts as interacting with the world

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I didn’t think about that. Should I remove it?

2 Likes

you can if you’d like

1 Like

Thé reason why I’d disagree with the redstone part and the fact that people could see through chests etc, although I love your ideas and intentions to make the museum a bit more interactive — Flying speed increase would be sick and for homes, you could eventually find the coords and set a /sethome. It’s not ideal as it will take you one home slot. I would love to see the 1. and 4. taken into consideration! —, is that people would find ways to retrieve stuff from passed seasons.

In this case, people could store stuff on chests or any other containers and use redstone to… you already know. :)

3 Likes

some neat ideas :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t really think about those things when I have ideas, but it’s true. Thanks for the support!

2 Likes

I like the fly speed change idea :0

2 Likes

;-; /bump

2 Likes

There are changes planned for the museum but mostly different ones than your suggestions.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s cool! What do you think about my ideas?

2 Likes