Ideas for rebalancing looting

I believe that these changes (or a subset) would make looting outside of the two good turf wars more appealing than just “can somebody go sit in the bad turf invis or pop a UB while I pop dust all over the map”:

Global changes:

• Reverse across the board nerf.

• Change “Looting God” skill to something looters will actually care about. Gems = :clown_face:

Enchantment/Turf Nerfs:

• Nerf enchanted chests to 40x odds, but reduce cooldown of TSUTT Dice and varm helm enchant.

• Swap perm UB with perm scavenger in turf wars.

• Reduce mythical boost from x3 to x2 or just remove it all together since apparently it was the mythicals that made Red nerf the rates and not people getting 600 ultras in two weeks.

• Increase turf refill timer by 25-50% (as in refill slower).

Improve bad turfs:

• Add more/closer chests to Turf A (zone 1) and Turf C (beach).

Turf C is the farthest from an exit by like 500 blocks and the 2nd least desirable to loot in.

Turf A the closest but still like 600 blocks as the crow flies and has reduced odds from being Zone 1 to account for this. Seems silly to have it be Zone 1 and barren. Even just raising the chests from in the ground to on top of the ground would help.

Non-turf looting buffs:

• Reduce regular chest refill time to 30 minutes

• Pause advanced jammer while holding a hand jammer (like PUB during UB)

• Make turf wars twice as common but half as long or not back-to-back (or both and 3 times as common). Ownership of 2nd turf has been frequently bugged anyways. Combined with other changes this encourages people already be out looting so they can get the most out of the turf war.

Anywho, just wanted to jot down my thoughts.

3 Likes

Not sure if by reverse across the board nerf you mean rever old rare odds but if yes then im all in for it, currently odds are just way too low, while not in turf you can forget about finding anything untill you open extreme amount of chests (like 200k for a legendary… in zone 5). Just reverse old odds but nerf enchantment dust as this is the only way looting is currently decent.

2 Likes

Yes that’s what I mean. As far as I know the odds were doubled from previous map at the start.

Then 2 myths were found in one day (one in zone 1, one in the 2nd worse turf) and they doubled them again the next day.

2 Likes