Idea!

Ok, so what if you could add other people to shops in the mall, sort of like claims. That way those people would also own the shop. This would be helpful for everyone who has friends on the server.

5 Likes

That would be fun! It would mean there could be multiple shop owners who could pitch in for rent and could sell their own supplies too!

However, judging by the way the mall is set up so only one person can own one shop, I can see it becoming easy to abuse and lay claim to multiple shops using this method.

+0 for now, because I’m not sure if the staff team wants multiple shop owners, after setting a limit to number of shops owned.

4 Likes

The concept of this type of idea would be a spectacular idea to add and improve upon, however as @featherpaw has said above me:

Despite that, I have seen some shops (i.e. Shop 46) which have been labeled as 2 people owning 1 shop, however since the concept hasn’t been implemented, only 1 out of the 2 own the shop.

Shops could have some sort of a level system of like a tier-based system. For instance:

Owner: 0
Co-Owner: 1
Manager: 2
Employee: 3
Customer: 4

My concept is simple, but is flawed in many ways. Certain roles have different privileges. Owner would for instance, be the person whom owns the shop. Co-Owner would have every~ role as Owner except the ability to remove the shop. They would be allowed to renew the shop, and everything else, but not to /mall remove [shop #]. Manager will have every ability as shown before, but they do not have the ability to remove the shop, or renew. Employee will have normal privileges as before, but they do not have the ability to place blocks, only access chests and other means of storage. And customer would be, well if you entered a shop normally.

If this concept were to be implemented, I would assume my concept of a tier-based system would be at top. It is the most simple and safest way to implement a shop system like this.
This concept is a really good one, and I’d like for it to be implemented, however I am unsure how hard systems like these would be to implement into a shop.

My concept isn’t limited to what I say it is, and I’d be happy for people to elaborate on it for me on my behalf, but for now, this is what I’d assume would be the best proposal.
Now I am not discluding the concept of that you could ./mall permission give [name] and give a person permission to renew, build and create things in a shop, and many more, but for now, I have the feeling this would be the best, and definite way to make this concept implemented into the mall.

:heart:

2 Likes

Alright cool! I really like that ./mall permission give [name] and I think it would just be a bit easier to hire people to work for your shop and stuff! Thanks for your time!

2 Likes

That’s a really good concept that I’d love to see in game but I can’t stop thinking about people that could steal from other shops and stuff like this. You can except people abusing it and getting stuff from the shop without the owner’s approbation.

Isn’t it too much? I would try to keep it as only one person being added to the shop to make it simple!
Your idea could work well but as I said, you can’t really trust anyone xD
One day you’ll wake up and your shop would be completely empty because some co owners or even employees decided to stole everything.
And at the end you won’t be able to complain about it as it’s on your responsibility.

Just a small concern! I really think that they could make that idea work, it would be very cool and easier to restock and entertain shops although I think that for now shops are doing great :sparkles:

4 Likes