[Idea] Adding a No Kit game mode to WoolWars

Heya! I’m proposing we add a No Kit mode to woolwars. I feel like I need to sell this idea more so here’s an example: You are trying to kill someone in a game of WoolWars. You have full iron with a diamond sword meanwhile they have full gold with a stone sword. They know they don’t exactly have much of a chance so their best option is to use the feather/glider/bouncy/teleported ect. to get away from you. Another example could be that you have full leather and a stone sword meanwhile the opponent has no armour or weapon. You try to attack them but then realise that they have the anvil kit. They then proceed to punch you off your bridge, falling to your death/dying to sandstone. These scenarios can be really frustrating towards players and those examples could be the reason they logged off of Munchy that day. I also think it wouldn’t be that hard to implement because all you have to do is literally take all the kits away and instead of winning because you picked either bouncy or glider, you won because of skill/luck.

6 Likes

That is a a good idea +1. Cant wait for this to be in here.

3 Likes

Success at woolwars is dependent on not just luck and PvP, but using your kit to the best of its abilities. Sure, sometimes when players use their kit a certain way it can be annoying (camping with knitter, for example), but overcoming those obstacles with the resources you have is what makes woolwars such an amazing gamemode. As for some of the kits that may give players an unfair advantage, nerfs to them or buffs to the other kits will hopefully, one day, solve that.

Without kits, I think woolwars would be really dull. It would be some off-brand survival games but vertical.

5 Likes

While I agree that kits are an integral part of WoolWars I don’t think that removing kits for one game mode would be dull as you say. In my opinion it just puts more emphasis onto the bridging, towering, pvp and rng elements of the game. And if players don’t like it, they don’t have to play it. If Munchy adds this there isn’t a whole lot it can lose if this idea fails. Like I said the only thing developers have to do is remove kits for a game mode.

2 Likes

YES this is what I neeeed +100

2 Likes

Craftykingofmine may got a point. Using kits to run away is actually infuriating and actually almost removes the pvp aspect from the game. So starting out with nothing but 2 stacks of wool may seem like an off brand skywars, but if you add new aspects like abilities or maybe less kits and/or better loot in chests, it would still be cool.

Also, kits are in basically every game including games like skywars (most similar to wool wars) but games like bedwars (similar to wool wars) has no abilities and is fun.

2 Likes

I agree that kits which run away are infuriating but wouldn’t it just be better to nerf that ability rather than create a whole new gamemode?

4 Likes

Not exactly. Balancing kits has been going on for a long time and it’s yet to be resolved. In the meantime why not give the player a new experience testing skills other than using overpowered kits.

3 Likes

It’s not just about nerfing, it’s about a more ssg feel, but of course there can be small addons like abilities or better loot or just less kits, etc.

3 Likes

They don’t want to ruin a kit just because some people don’t like it, it takes the fun away from the people who actually use it

3 Likes

+1 I need to beat @IceBreaker420 without him using glider all the time

3 Likes

Taking away from the fun for the people who are using the op kits bec they’re op? Also regular WoolWars will still exist I’m not saying just delete WoolWars and add no kit wars.

3 Likes

Are you suggesting a new gamemode? Woolwars doesn’t have the playerbase for such a niche mode. The only way I could see this happening is if it was implemented as a shop perk- 2k tokens or something similar to activate No Kit mode for 30 minutes.
I feel like a lot of people wouldn’t enjoy being forced into it though.
Overall a - 1

6 Likes

Munchy is place where everyone should have a good time, and ruining some people’s kits is not the way to do that, and I was replaying to the “Balancing kits has been going on for a long time and it’s yet to be resolved”

3 Likes

I disagree about the player base issue as WoolWars peaks at roughly 85 concurrent players. Also I don’t think it’s right to presume that players won’t like being forced into it however as a shop perk they will have to be forced into it which is why I suggested a new game mode, still apart of WoolWars but not exactly an entirely new game. Edit: Another idea is when players are in a game or they are dueling another player they could vote kits or no kits like how the kitpvp event sumo uses the stick and no stick GUI.

1 Like

So you are suggesting not balancing kits entirely? That kinda leads to a whole another discussion which I think deserves its own forum post about it :3

3 Likes

That’s not what I was saying, they’ve balanced kits in the past and you’re saying that they haven’t done that at all

3 Likes

They have balanced kits, but the issue is still going on.

3 Likes

I don’t see the issue, but that’s your opinion

3 Likes

Rather than avoiding the problem, wouldn’t you rather have it fixed?

I think it would actually be harder for developers to add a whole new gamemode than nerf or buff a few kits. I think that if woolwars had a massive playerbase then a new gamemode would be a decent addition, but I just don’t think there’s nearly enough players on Woolwars for a new gamemode.

You also have to take into account that there would have to be new leaderboards etc too.

Overall, I think nerfing glider would solve this problem entirely.

3 Likes