IceBreaker420's 6th Staff Application (April 2023)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
Yes

Application

IGN:
IceBreaker420

Timezone:

United States Eastern Time (EST)

Can you use a microphone for an interview?:

Yes

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):

Helper

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):

Prison

How active can you be per week?

My activity varies based on the time of the year and day of the week. But you can expect me to be on for 1-2 hours a day at the minimum, while most days i will be on far more than that.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

I have not been punished in a long time, as such i do not remember what they were and do not believe they are relevant.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

I’d like to start off with the elephant in the room, I quit MunchyMC about 6 Months ago and made a post announcing it 4 months ago This was due to a multitude of reasons. These were: my disappointment with the current direction of prison, my increased schoolwork load over the past several months, and overall enjoying the server less. Since then, I have taken the time to work on myself, my responsibilities, and maturity. As such I have decided to return to MunchyMC (Please do not make the only reply to this application “-1 Didn’t he quit?”)

With that out of the way, yes, I have applied for staff on MunchyMC 5 different times and have been denied for all of them, with the consistent overarching reason being a lack of maturity. I believe over the past 4 years I have continued to slowly improve on this and always try my hardest to become a better person (despite getting myself into arguments on prison sometimes)

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

I believe I have a fairly strong reputation within the community. While yes, there are people on the server who do not like me for various reasons, I believe overall my reputation is solid.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

MunchyMC’s prison gamemode is hands down the best Minecraft related thing I’ve ever played, possibly my favorite persistent game ever. I’ve always been passionate about the server and wanting to find ways to help improve it, whether that is creating guides (like my fishing one) to the best of my ability, suggesting new items, or reporting bugs. I also believe MunchyMC prison is currently severely understaffed (which is likely what motivated this applications season). I would like to become staff to improve the community on a greater scale and help players in need of assistance.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

I have not made any recent reports on any players on MunchyMC.

10 Likes

+1
I have got to know icebreaker alot more through prison and he is a very nice person, he is also very active and knowledgeable.

3 Likes

+1 worm guy

2 Likes

+1 pretty cool dude

2 Likes

Not rating this , I just wanted to say:

I think you forgot to answer these questions

Good luck!

3 Likes

Fixed, thanks

3 Likes

+1 active and very helpful. Maturity has improved a lot and is now definitely at a high enough level for a staff position in my opinion.

2 Likes

+0.75. LOVES arguments & complaining. But other than that seems to be bit chill

3 Likes

He knows what he is talking about, chill, never really toxic.

2 Likes

You already know my opinion, +1
Although I would clarify a bit on the part of how well you know things about moderation, as well as your knowledge on cheats
GL!

4 Likes

+1 chill dude fr

3 Likes

+.5 don’t know the good side enough but I’ve seen his average and he’s probably rlly good to others

3 Likes

+1 goodluck Ice!

2 Likes

Very intelligent and mostly friendly player
For constructive criticism, I find Icebreaker a little unprofessional when it comes to his ideas on prison, as well as his activism on his beliefs in speculations (if that makes sense?).
+.75 from Joshy
Good luck!!!

3 Likes

+1 even if we haven’t always gotten on the same foot, you do know your stuff and i believe that you’re really active and would be a nice addition. you have a lot of knowledge, especially when it comes to fishing and woodmining. gl!

2 Likes

This staff application is far from impressive. The applicant’s IGN alone, IceBreaker420, sounds juvenile and unprofessional. It’s not a good first impression. Moreover, the application seems incomplete and poorly written. It lacks detail and depth, and it appears as if the applicant didn’t put much effort into answering the questions.

There are several red flags in this application. First, the applicant’s activity varies based on the time of the year and day of the week. It’s not reassuring, especially since consistency and reliability are essential qualities for a staff member. Second, the applicant has been punished before, but they conveniently “do not remember” what the punishments were. It raises questions about their honesty and integrity.

The applicant’s previous attempts at applying for staff positions and getting denied for a “lack of maturity” also don’t bode well for them. It suggests that they haven’t made significant improvements since then, despite claiming otherwise in this application. The applicant’s rating of their knowledge on moderating a community and Minecraft hacks is also not impressive.

Lastly, the applicant has not provided any evidence of their ability to record and upload good quality videos of hackers, which is a crucial requirement for the position they are applying for. They haven’t linked any hacker reports they’ve made either.

Overall, this staff application lacks substance, credibility, and professionalism. It’s unlikely that this applicant will be considered for the position they are applying for, and it’s not surprising.

1 Like

Ice is applying for a staff position on a Minecraft server. He’s not going to be operating a nuclear submarine.

This does not matter at all. Munchy’s standards are not so high as to deny someone’s application for their IGN.

While I agree this application lacks depth, I also believe it accurately reflects Ice’s skillset and reasons for applying for staff.

This is a volunteer role. Ice is not being paid for his work as a staff member. This is not a 9 to 5 job. Of course his playtime is going to fluctuate based on real life factors like school and holidays. Munchy does not ask people to give up their entire lives outside of Minecraft to become staff on their server.

I disagree fully, and don’t think you should be commenting on staff applications if you don’t know these things for sure. As someone who, to be honest, 1.5 years ago would never have even considered Ice as a staff candidate, I think he has made some extreme improvements to his maturity.

I personally think 7/10 is a pretty good rating, especially with no prior knowledge. I don’t think candidates should be expected to embellish the truth for their applications. I personally did not have super great moderation knowledge before my role as staff on Munchy, but I learned pretty quickly upon becoming staff.
Also, Ice is applying for Helper and does therefore not really need knowledge of identifying hacks for his position.

I wasn’t going to comment on this application originally, but seeing a comment like yours I kind of had to reply. As someone who has been through the application process before, I know that Munchy’s standards are not as high as you believe. Yes, people need to show maturity and helpfulness and general good qualities, but comments like “their playtime will be slightly inconsistent so they should not be considered” are just ridiculous.
If you’re going to comment on an application, I beg you to make sure you actually know what you’re talking about first rather than seemingly just rating applications based on the actual text within the post.

14 Likes

After reading this reply (I read it fully, trust), I have decided to add 0.25 to my rating, which makes it a -0.75 (rounded to -1)

Thanks for the reply.
stay lit - Quakiy ( â—” Ę–ĚŻ â—” )

3 Likes

+1
I think you have a lot of knowledge about prison and its community, and I think you can make a great candidate
only thing is you need to know how to deal with people who disagree or disrespect you as you usually show a really toxic side when that occurs

Anyways Good luck Ice!

4 Likes

+1 actually matured a lot and is really chill

3 Likes