How’s been life since you joined munchy?

Been playing for two years already! I feel old…
Either way, I was wondering how’s been stuff going on since you discovered munchy? I’d love to hear what you guys have been going through and how munchy impacted your life overall.

I was still in high school when I started playing munchy and it was basically the only server I was playing on ever since I got Minecraft Java edition for my birthday!

Originally joined thanks to Bad’s stream but I couldn’t make it up to the event and started playing survival & some other game modes. I even played survival games once…

But yeah, munchy has been and still is my favorite server to play on whenever I want to escape boredom or when I feel like chatting with friends or newcomers. It had made me feel safe and a bit more confident over the years because English isn’t my main language and I always hated people, never ever felt like interacting with anyone. Yeah, I was and still am some kind of weird introvert but slowly opening more myself irl thanks to munchy!

It has also helped me relativise and escape anxiety. Even though some awkward times happened, I’m still grateful for all the memories I had stored since I joined. Grateful for those times I felt welcomed, appreciated and considered amongst many other people. :star:

10 Likes

i barely remember life without munchy

7 Likes

To be honest it has been incredible. Origonally joined to troll around cause I looked up good Kitpvp servers but then this community actually was really mature and for a server made for children it really does help you grow up yet I acted like a child. I would also like to say there’s been 2 parts out of this ambitious cinematic masterpiece of a story that’s happened to me, but the first part I made some friends trolled around blah blah blah made some kids angry became kinda the “villain” because I annoyed tf out of people. Then I got a punishment and I made a post saying I was gonna take a break but I stayed on the forums because this post I wanted to share with friends and it got a bit of attention and now the forums are kind of a hobby which begins the second chapter “the redemption arc” which went to poo in the first month when I was trying to do it but then I think I matured a lot because I started listening to others and now I feel I don’t have to be the loudest in the room, only the most cunning, intelligent and kind (I mean in striving for it not actually cause I ain’t that much of an ego maniac anymore). Truth is the forums were the best thing to happen to me involving this community and I’m great full for you all new friends, old friends, survival friends, Kitpvp friends, and of course forum friends. Hopefully many more! There had been a lot of chapters in this journey and just like any author of a popular book imma milk this series dry. Love all of you munchy.

-from DREX :heart:

4 Likes

Chillax you’re better then me at it.

Sorry to hear about your anxiety, happy to hear it had gone down though and I hope it shall continue on that path. Grateful to be an ally of yours.

2 Likes

every single i left everythings been really good :fire: :fire: :fire: my life sucked most of the time i played munchy :fire: :fire: :fire:

5 Likes

Well not everything’s been really good cause your grammar kind of sucks lol.

4 Likes

Munchy has kinda ruined my life instead of improving it lmaoooo. Ofc I’ve met people on munchy like @Tarteris (my fricking hero btw) who’ve changed my life and helped me improve as a human! But tbh munchy has only made me focus on a dumb Minecraft server instead of focusing on irl stuff.

But remember guys! It’s just a dumb block game that we all kinda enjoy.

-Scop

6 Likes

Uh ive met some pretty cool ppl on here and this is a pretty good block server so uh… yeah

4 Likes

tbh Munchy had both bad and good effects on me

Good Effects
  • my english went better by like 500%, I started actually speaking english (I used to speak a really bad english with very few words since I didnt have any english native speaker friends and since I topped my class in English there was no way to improve)
  • and I met most of my best friends that I still talk to daily
  • got to know many cultures and people from around the world (even tho this isnt necessary munchy thing it was the easiest way to get to know people and I became part of the community pretty quickly)
  • had tons of good time and learned how to deal with many kinds of situations and to control myself more (which isnt that big of a deal since its just a minecraft server but still helps to deal with real life people sometimes (i think lol) )
Bad Effects
  • well like any other online games Minecraft was stealing ALL of my free time and even sometimes my non-free time :sweat_smile: specially when I had responsibilities towards the server that I forgot some of my responsibilities in real life legit I be outside and be like “oh god I hope I didnt miss something important” or “I forgot to tell people I am gonna be afk”
  • I became more shy and less outgoing and less likely to experience different games and servers which kinda didn’t give me the full experience of minecraft as a whole as the game became pretty much Munchy this without mentioning other games and communities outside
  • had a lot of stress during some times specially before my resignation since I was trying to do too much stuff at the same time (hosting woolcup during final exams period moment)
7 Likes

it’s been a mix of everything. i’ve had great experiences and bad ones but i’m very grateful for the friends i’ve made on here - i talk to @Malalaa @JoshyVT @Overwatchh @NaoIsHere @Tarteris @Scop211 @oTortle @jessixac @Nick_qT @DonutJack @TheFireGamer210 and etc… on a daily basis for the most part. they’ve just made me feel so happy fr fr! :>>

(i keep forgetting people but not on purpose, i swear!!)

11 Likes

I remember I found Munchy because I was bored, and was looking for a fun new Minecraft Server to play on. So I looked up some servers, and found Munchy. I joined in like the middle I think of Map 8r, played for a lil bit. All I knew about the server was looting, so that’s all I did. I then found a UL shard I think and sadly died. After that I quit LOL. But then joined back like 2 days before Map8r ended, and then started playing Map 9.

Ever since then, Munchy has been my #1 favorite Minecraft server. I have met so many wonderful people, that are just such a joy to speak to. It makes me look forward everyday to joining and seeing all my friends and talking to them.

However, my sleep schedule is kinda messed up now bc of it. As much as I try to log off and go to sleep earlier, there is always something that distracts me and makes me stay on longer: turfs, funny convos, updates, etc.

Long story short: I love Munchy, and I have made many amazing memories here and met amazing people which I hope I stay in touch with in the future.

6 Likes

Same here! Alexis and I joined around the same time and she’s one of the few people on Prison who made me enjoy my experience even more! I used to be more of a WoolWars main, but, after almost a year, I decided to check out Prison and found myself loving this game mode. I have since then been playing on here daily and enjoying my time in here :]

Also, I would @ some names but there are just too many people who made me enjoy Munchy since I first joined :]

PS: Please don’t mind my grammar, it’s almost 3 AM

7 Likes

I joined Munchy in 2019 when i was 17 and during the years ive been here id say I have experienced both good and bad.

• i have meet alot of amasing people during my 4 years of playing munchymc, If i where to name them all this post would definetively be to long and boring, but to mention some of them: @peter891, @DragonsMaker, @thycosmos, @ZeePog, @Aiadeva, @VioletRay and @Moumik.

• During these 4 years I have been able to learn alot not only about myself but also about different cultures and how to handle certain situations. ive also experienced alot like for example getting invited to and attending someones irl wedding which was quite an amasing experience.

• Most of the bad experiences I have had here though i wont go into them i will say that i have learnt some valuable lessons from them.

To sum this post up ill say that my life has been good :conksunglasses:

10 Likes

You forgot to tag me :frowning:

3 Likes

I thought I was your hero :{

2 Likes

I joined Munchy back in 2020, during a very tough period of my life. It was my first Minecraft Java server, and I was new to everything. I am surprised I am still here considering I get bored very fast. But yes, it wasn’t an easy ride…

• I was always a shy person, never in my life had I thought it would be so fun to be in a VC all day and all night. Just being on survival, goofing around or grinding endlessly while listening to music with my friends; sociability +1

• Focusing on Munchy alone took a lot of my energy and time. It isn’t always easy to balance how much energy and effort you need to put into something, and I made the mistake of giving it my all when I should’ve prioritized myself.

Through the good and the bad, Munchy community is filled with amazing people who made a great impact on my life. Some might say it’s just a Minecraft server, but behind every ign or Steve skin there is a person who is genuine and honest, and I was fortunate to have met some of them, who kept me true to myself through bad times: @Severtrim @Phol @danior @kamidrgn @EvillRat @Pingu_God @EsioTrot (and plenty more)

Truly, thank you~ :heart:

10 Likes

Ur still my #1

3 Likes

You’re unfunny

1 Like

No I’m DREX0R, unfunny is my friend (he got a weird ign)

1 Like

Glad to have you as well moumik

2 Likes