How old is old?

I wanted to know how old a post has to be before it is considered bumping it if you don’t add anything new. The forum rules says about a month, but I think I’ve seen some staff say,”Don’t bump posts more then a week old.” If you could tell me, that would be great.

I think it’s like 2 weeks not 100% sure

I was told 5 weeks.

Hey so, general rules is dont bump any post over 2 weeks old (original post) without contributing something new, but if its something like a pinned announcement, exceptions are made for that situation.

Forum mods correct me if I am wrong?

1 Like

Wait, in the rules it says this:

It’s always context-dependent. If you rate an application that hasn’t been reviewed yet, that is totally fine even if it is a few weeks old. Similar things are true for quitting posts or announcements / newsletters that are a few weeks old. However, if you post on a forum game that has been inactive for a few days, or a question that has already been sufficiently answered a day ago, that’d be considered bumping.

1 Like

Tbh I’m not sure how I ended up throwing that timeframe out there, you can disregard that statement. Cheater explains it best, it really is a case-by-case standard and there never has seemed to be a definite timeframe for a post to be considered bumping. I wouldn’t stress about it. As long as you have good intentions you’re fine and the worst that can happen is the topic will be locked.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks.