How does the idea of ranktop being bought with irl money sit with you?

So you may have noticed a particularly laboured and passive aggressive conversation, in which a member of munchy staff quite happily made bigoted accusations about me based on things she’d been told by blacklisted players.

The reason this conversation happened is because she was upset that I said she’d bought ranktop for irl cash.

So putting her collaboration with BLs and her bigotry aside for a second…

How does everyone else feel about that?

I hear the line “it’s her money, she can do what she wants with it!” mentioned in regards to this a lot. This is a statement of fact, not an argument. It does not mean anyone else has to like it. After all, if you spend your money on hard drugs, you’re an addict. if your money on a hitman, you’re a murderer. If you spend your money buying a leaderboard position on a videogame… you’re destroying any competitive value in playing that game.

It would seem she really dislikes being criticised, because not only she stoop to actions such as those mentioned above, she’ll have her twee survival friends flood the chat by mindlessly repeating the “argument” deconstructed above. None of those things are justified by the person spending their own money. It isn’t a justification. It’s a begging plea for you to stop talking about.

So let’s talk about it! Remember when Chance got way ahead of everyone else 'cos his team found a bunch of bugs and farmed a lot and had their drug selling business and engaged with the game because they were good at it?

Remember map 8 when Oryx mined wood every day to get ranktop? He deserved it cos he played played to win. It’s a shame he got sniped by Joe and Teeny… but they put a lot of effort in to raise the money to catch him. They also deserved it.

As for previous maps, well, I’d sound exceedingly self-absorbed if I were to go into too much detail about them considering… but let’s review.

Before I was ranktop, Caspar was, you might remember him as one of the most cracked players prison has ever seen leading one of the most influential gangs prison has ever had. There are none who could doubt that he deserved to be ranktop.

Later, Nuggetned rose the ranks to the point he could take ranktop… but he never went for it because he didn’t want to ruin the work I’d put in… but he bought hydra legs… he had the /bal for them, and if he had taken ranktop, as much as I’d have been disappointed, he would have deserved it.

In map 7, RPPR spent a fair bit of money. He also grinded like crazy, but he was able to catch up so fast and get the items he needed largely through the money he’d spent. This, of course, lead to a bit of tension between me and him. I was pretty standoffish to him, not gonna lie.

You know what he did? He didn’t go for ranktop, he offered to let me use his mythical pick (i said no because i’da hogged it all day, he’da never seen it again), even later in the map when they got elder wand and coulda got ranktop easily from how broken farming and fishing was, he and everyone else with the elder wand didn’t go for it.

Because he didn’t want to win off the back of p2w and he didn’t want to belittle the work others had put in to get there. In later maps, he never spent the way he did in map 7 again.

Enter Tart, oblivious to all of this that’s gone on previously, who shamelessly p2ws her way 7 prestiges ahead of the closest (unbanned) competition, and upon finding out that someone didn’t like that, she decided to go bigot/doxer-mode and then brag about her bank balance.

So prison players, you good with that? How about you Tart, wouldn’t you feel better about a win you earnt rather than one you bought?

8 Likes

I do think it’s dumb that tarteris got ranktop mostly from doing irl deals, but I also might be a bit bias because I’ve known her for almost 2 years :sweat_smile:
But seriously, I do think someone boosting themselves to ranktop just by spending irl money is dumb af and is honestly just a waste of money.
Buttt it is tarts money so she can do whatever she wants to do with it!!!

My final conclusion: just let tarteris continue doing irl deals for munchy because it really does benefit the server!

3 Likes

My personal opinion on this is that I should get Staff on MUNCHYMC

15 Likes

+1 definitely would recommend

3 Likes

I understand the point of frustration, I’m just curious as to what you’re trying to prove with these points. I do agree that using irl money to get to ranktop is unfair, as not everybody has their own money to spend on this game. I would like to remind you though that regardless of if you think its fair or not, it is an implementation into the game, scummy or not. I do completely understand though, I was actually in the same mindset when you did the EXACT SAME THING in map 6, which is what frustrates me most about this whole situation. Not quite sure what you’re attempting to accomplish by shaming her name in the forums. For the server’s sake she’s doing a lot by giving people a chance to redeem in game dedication for real money, which above i mentioned that not everyone wants to spend their irl money in the game. Very childish to post a private issue PUBLICLY btw.
-JoshyVT

5 Likes

It’s not a big deal, making this post makes it a bigger deal, Who cares it’s just a game. Let her spend her money how she wants it. I don’t think its the right decision to complain about this as much as you are.

6 Likes

Sure i dont see it as fair or appropriate that tart has taken ranktop by buying peoples money off of them for buycraft, but its not only her fault but the people that pay her, and i will say though. If she wins ranktop i think she should atleast consider giving the amazon gift card to the runner up since they also worked hard and she doesnt need it.

6 Likes

This isn’t a private issue, it’s an issue affecting the whole server. This post isn’t about what she said, it’s about ranktop. She’s already been muted for what she said.

Joshy, i kinda get where you’re coming from, but I gotta say… she spent more in one day than I did for ALL of map 6.

I also took a lot of flak for p2wing, despite the fact that I did actually grind for my money, and grinded looting to find mythicals. I didn’t have the money to truly p2w. I had to play to win, if I’d just relied on crates, I’da been p2L

The criticism I received in map 6 is why in map 7, I got ranktop again without p2wing.

5 Likes

I liked all ur comments so like my comments guys!!! I still want staff btw

12 Likes

Rest assured the IRS will be investigating these crate purchases being filed as business expenses in due time. As CEO of the world I will make sure these multiple counts of tax fraud will not go unpunished. Hold your applause.

9 Likes

:saluting_face: thank you for your service.

2 Likes

You remember when I made a whole scientific report about a fishing rod? I like this game. I talk this game. I guess I just don’t pull my punches.

3 Likes

who cares, its a game let her play how she wants

4 Likes

I mean kinda annoying that shes like “screw all you guys tryna earn it fair and square ima just buy my way to the top cause i got the big bucks and yall dont!!!” Lol

1 Like

You gonna regret saying that when the truth goes public. This is a money laundering scheme. Tart is helping run munchys drug money thru the server to make it into clean income. Tart just had a sigma grindset you would never understand as a turtle :cold_face:

3 Likes

It’s a competitive game… it even has a prize. what was it, 250 dollars amazon and a legendary named after you?

She just bought that with money. There are people who are good at this game, who deserve to be rewarded for the dedication they put into it. Who should be rewarded for their tenacity.

And yet, those people won’t succeed because Tart kept pullin out plastic without an ounce of shame.

There are other players who have spent a LOT, without just buying ranktop. People like Willydon, or Glourious who’d buy UBs and stuff for his whole gang. Micatchu is a long time player who would regularly buy event parties for the whole server to enjoy, but never just bought /bal for ranktop.

Something I really need people who say things like this to understand is I can’t stop her from playing how she wants. I am not a cop or a staff member.

However, I’m free to give the opinion, especially having achieved ranktop twice myself previously, that simply buying it with irl cash is a scummy thing to do.

Part of what is fun about playing videogames is that they aren’t real life. In a videogame, effort can truly be rewarded. Now microtransactions as a business model have always been controversial because they fundamentally ruin the fun of people who played videogames for that reason.

It’s a popular business model that’s become ubiquitous. So I can’t begrudge Munchy for using it, nor can I bregrudge anyone for using it (especially having a rank and having bought crates in the past myself), but I’m certainly well within my rights to criticise someone for dropping so much cash that no one else stands a chance while barely engaging with the game themselves. That makes a mockery of the entire game. She ought to know better.

5 Likes

I agree with this and without going in to dept to much: Paying thousands of dollars on a server with mainly young adults who don’t have the privillege of having that much money is kinda unfair. In my opinion getting ranktop should be about working together with your friends, thinking of the best strategies and tactics in order to obtain the goal. That’s when you deserve a leggy in your name.

One more thing I like to request:

• @RedVelvetCake should remove bls from the leaderboard. If it remains as it is now, Platecleaner would recieve a $100,- Amazon reward for duping items, Pr0mise would recieve a $50,- Amazon reward for duping items.
8 Likes

Remove p2w

3 Likes

Don’t worry though, I’m going to catch up. I have found over 1000 shards in a random chest near a mine which I plan to sell.

3 Likes

Dw man I still got all these sapnap mythicals to sell, we good.

3 Likes