Here are a list of suggestions for the next Update

An update should be coming real soon, and as a result, I would like to discuss some ideas on some tweaks and updates for kits, and some quality of life fixes for the community.

First let’s talk about standard updates on kits currently in the meta:

Buffs:
Bomberman: either reducing the time left click requires for tnt to explode form 5 to 3 seconds, or possibly having a way to self detonate the tnt whenever the bomberman wishes. Armor and weapons is fine for right now.
Dash: Remove the slowness debuff it receives after using the ability. The slowness was overkill on dash, as it already lost speed I
Echo: I honestly don’t see much of anyone using this kit anymore a month after it was released. Either increase sharpness to lvl 2, or add an extra side benefit for using the time piece (such as an instant health restore or regeneration for some seconds)
Groundhog: a major rework or buff change is needed for this kit. I might add a suggestion later on.
Shrek: Grant an increase to damage when surrounded by 3 other players. Ogres are meant to be fierce and enrage when a group of people is nearby. Also helps to buff this kit a little.
Snowgolem: reduce cooldown on throwing snowball from 20 seconds to 8 seconds; change mining fatigue to slowness I. Gaining speed I is not as beneficial as rooting the target, so it should have less cooldown; also mining fatigue does not affect PvP.
Switcher: increase leather helm from protection III to protection IV. Allows for a little more survivability.
Vacuum: provide additional benefits to using the ability: Gain 1 level of protection on the diamond chestplate for all enemies pulled in from the vacuum (limit: 5) for 6 seconds; all enemies pushed by the vacuum have one random piece of armor with protection removed for the entire duration (the armor itself will remain, the protection is lost).
Vampire: Needs a bigger buff/rework. Still sees next to 0 play weeks after the update (Might I always suggest the life steal mechanic being used???).

Nerfs/Other changes
Archer: Remove punch I from the bow, change the sword to Iron with knockback I. Also change the bow’s damage to reflect the distance the arrow travels. 1 Level of power would be added for every 7 blocks the arrow travels (limit: power V). This allows archer to deal increase damage based off of precision, not just shooting close range. This also does not allow archer to simply shoot targets to keep distance. Turns out, 385 arrows is a lot of arrows.
Dragon: Increase the cooldown of fireball from 10 to 15 seconds. This makes using the fireball an even greater risk, and allows for a less aggressive style of the kit, while also retaining some idea of high risk, high reward.
Elementalist: I personally think the elements need changes itself. Here is my suggestion for elementalist rework: Elementalist | Petition
Falcon: Remove sharpness I, however add strength I whenever the falcon is grounded. This helps falcon survive incoming damage and not deal so much damage while in the air.
Fisherman: Add unbreaking I to the fishing rod, however using /rod will not retain the same abilities as the enchanted rod (the ability to reel in).
Hornet: Add falling damage back to hornet. Also reduce the protection on the black leather tunic to lvl 2. Hornet already has good damage reduction against falling as it has protection; no need to make it almost immune to it.
Portal: Add a 2 second cooldown in between using portals, however increase the size of the portal from 1 small block to a 2x2.
Slingshot: Remove the damage slingshot does with the ability. Also increase the cooldown for missing from 1 second to 2 seconds, however, add protection II to the chain mail chestplate.
Titan: Needs a rework, 1 shot mechanics with swords are way too powerful, even at the cost of health.

Here are some quality changes I would like to suggest:

• Add a placeholder for kits that has recharge rates on abilities (I.e bomberman’s tnt, Thors hammer, Switcher’s snowballs, etc.)

• Add a chat filter in the options tab so you can filter bad mouthers or fowl language. This could have like 3 settings for moderate, strict, and regular.

• Add a warp zone to preview kits so that players may make a better decision on what kits they wish to play (specifically for newer players).

• Fix spawn so that titans when they leap into the air cannot stay in the air indefinitely by bouncing off spawn wall.

• Remove the cooldown from groundhog’s ability if the ability fails to go off.

I would like to note that these are just suggestions, and are not being added to the update, pending the approval of staff.

Also hope y’all have a good Easter, even to those who don’t celebrate.

4 Likes

I think you’re forgetting about the needed crossbow nerf. You know, maybe a cooldown to the explosion?

1 Like

do you really think any of this will happen, you 100% just wasted your own time writing this out lol.

2 Likes

Hey Bow. Sorry for my (somewhat) late reply, I’ve been quite the busy man today, however, I’m here now! I appreciate your interest and concern for the well-being of the server, so allow me to address some of your ideas.

As far as the kit changes go, I agree that most of these would be good changes, however there are some iffy ones. I don’t want to write a huge reply taking up half the screen (EDIT: it seems I’ve already done that), and I don’t think anyone wants to read that either. Feel free to PM me on Discord or on the forums if you would like to know my thoughts on each change :smile:

For a placeholder, what do you think would be a good idea? You might want to elaborate a bit further on this one.

This sounds like a great idea, but how filtered is “regular”? Is there no filter at all for “regular”? If so, I think it’ll look questionable on our part if we allow any language to be freely thrown around as racism (or worse) could ensue.

This is part of the reason we added the vote tokens— so you could put your toes in the water before jumping in :smile:

I do understand that you only get 3 of those tokens, so this idea shouldn’t be disregarded due to that.

Definitely noted.

I know how important having a voice in the community is, so I’ve gone ahead and posted this thread in our Idea Team channel. When a new update is soon to be released, the developers tend to take many notes of the ideas in the idea channel, so I wouldn’t be surprised if some of your ideas made it into the new update.

Again, thank you for your concerns! I wish you a very… merry (?) Easter as well.

1 Like

The place holders, would be specific to the kit, for example for bomberman once they no longer have anymore tnt, the placeholder could be some gunpowder. For thor, you could change the axe to a stick or upgrade the wooden axe to an iron axe and when the axe is thrown, it could change to a wooden axe. It really depends on the kit.

As far as regular chat option, regular would mean it is default chat. All chat guidelines and rules still apply even with this command. This option is more or less a way to ignore a group of players who are causing trouble and you don’t want to deal with them instead of having to do /ignore.

1 Like

Archer already is weak to 2v1, so shooting targets is the only way to keep distance, in which close range means death. The bow gives information to the arrow, the player summons upon releasing the bow, it can’t change the power value by plugin, it can change the damage on the arrow itself, so working with power values is wrong, working with damage values on the arrow entity is the way to go.
Since Punch is not needed for long range, but for holding distance, I would say, punch 2 stays, but is removed after #14 blocks. Also add projectile protection 1 or feather falling 2.

How does 2x2 look like? Don’t you mean 2x2x2, because the server’s missplace is really annoying.
Is it sphere shaped or cuboid? I think, the best portal shape would be 2x2x2 sphere.

Universally, add light gray glass panes as placeholders. (;

Moderate: Only moderator and above.
Strict: chatfilter filtering bad mouthers and memes. #thincrust
regular, normal roblox chatfilter.

The point they use as the source point for the bounce effect just needs to be placed at 255 and to the middle of the spawn, because on one map, when you enter from the correct direction, you get bounced off the wall from on side to the other.

Inspired by slingshot? (;

People complain about the explosion doing 6 hearts of damage on a direct hit, but that’s wrong, the explosion does at most 3 hearts, while the bow itself has Power 4.

We all got enough free time, even you who has read it all. lol

I agree with most of the things you’ve said here - although I don’t really see a point for increasing the Portal Size, on the Kit: Portal. You see, some people may use this to get away from targets, and then plant their previous portal first somewhere else, where it’s hidden. This would be a tactic to get away without people seeing your position all of the time.

On part of this, if you increase the size, you increase the likely hood of people that place them at high places, causing them to fall to their death when they walk through the portal. People sometimes, as I’ve seen, try to have that set position, get someone to chase after them - then forward onto turning and placing to portal, so they get that person killed. This already frustrates people, and by increasing the size, it will increase the likely-hood of this happening.

I can see where you’re coming from though.

And idea I had about Titan, is that it already has very low armour, and yes - with a fair sword and a phenomenal jump. I believe that we should make something that will commute to the whole idea a bit more, of being a ‘Titan’. Much like the Vampire kit that I’m basing it off, possibly every kill, they could gain an extra heart to their heart bar, although, once this heart is gone, you cannot regain it back from souping/splashing, you would then need to kill another person to regain them hearts. This would balance this out a bit, as to get multiple added hearts, you would need to take a somewhat large amount of damage, so this would even it out quite fairly.

I remembered some really annoying issues with portal:

1. When the portal is in a corner and some player gets into the other at a special direction in it, they will port themselves into the wall, the very unforgiving players will have their recording software on, will go into the first portal, glitch into the wall when ported and report that portal user for making suffocation traps. This is specially unforgiving, when the trap is in a 1x1 hole to a lava pit, people been complaining about me for setting up suffocation traps, even though I didn’t place them as suffocation but as lava trap, but they still forced themselves into the wall just to report me. (i think xShrek was once one of them?)
  2. Portal haters have been using portal to place portals all over the place and use some glitch to prevent future portals to be placed, as the plugin thinks, that all the other portals before are still there.
  3. 2 seconds cooldown to placing portals, but with a bigger area of effect trade off sounds good, makes it more competitive to place the portal inside the player, just like placing lava in uhc into the opponent, or placing lava into the opponent as MLG’s second ability, but the missplace is still a problem, it makes the opponent display a block further away or further to the side, so when I place it into the block that they’re standing on, they just walk out of it, I can even record such things happening.
    I also once stood on the edge of a block and some girl looked at me, but saw me 1 block further away in the air, I tried to screenshot it, but was too late for me. ):

Ps: The smileys are intentionally not appearing as emojis. (:

1 Like