HELIXSREVENGE's staff application

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes! I joined in 2016 on another account which I will explain about on the punishments portion. I only played off an on for about 1-3 months (can’t exactly remember) on the other account, but joined 4 months ago on my main.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes, before there was something wrong with my OBS but I got that fixed by looking it up… which I should’ve done before, and now can record at 60+ fps.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
Yes! I am very active on the Munchymc discord and occasionally hop on the TS. Overall I know how to use both very well.
Recently I have been trying to change it from “occasionally” to “frequently” by getting on TS daily.

Application

IGN:
HELIXSREVENGE

[REDACTED]

Timezone:
EST

Languages spoken:
English is my only fluent language at the moment.

Server(s) you are interested in moderating:
Woolwars.

How active can you be per week?
My schedule MAY change when I get into real (In person) school, but my rough schedule is

Monday-Friday: From 3-5 Hours every day. This may change (Like I said because of school) but usually this time is from 10AM- 2PM EST.

Saturday / Sunday: 3-6 Hours every day. This will not change. Usually from 10AM-12PM EST
Then 3PM-5PM EST. I also may be able to get on later (6-9 PM) If it’s a saturday.

Ping me on discord and I may be able to get on at times that aren’t on my schedule. I am also ALWAYS active on the munchymc forums, and discord throughout the day.
My teamspeak schedule is different, since I cannot voice chat in school, even on breaks. (House rule)
My schedule there is

Monday-Friday: …Basically any time after 2 PM EST and before 8 PM EST, for 2-5 hours.

Saturday-Sunday: Any time within 7 AM EST to 5 PM EST, for 2-5 hours.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
Yes, I have one ban 4 years ago but I would like to discuss this in private with an admin because the account in question has personal details as an old username.
I will say publicly that I was VERY immature at the time of me getting banned, and think I have grown and matured much more since then. The ban reason was blatant hacking, but like I said I only feel comfortable saying the username to an admin in DMs. (I was 10.)
My only other punishments are jokes from staff. (1 second tempbans and 1 second mutes)

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
This is my first time applying for staff on munchymc.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

I would like to say that It’s very good. If someone has a question in chat, I always try to help them, without being a minimod. If someone is toxic, I’m not toxic back. I really started becoming known in the community thanks to @calicow. They met me back in September and they… kinda introduced me to people in the community that I would’ve never talked to by myself. Since then, I’m very active in chat, even to people I don’t know. I make friends with people easily, and I used to run an event server that I closed due to it becoming overwhelming, because of school, and being the only person trying to organize these events. Overall, I think that the community and staff (could be completely wrong about the staff part) know me as someone who is very active, and would work hard as a JMod.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

Along with MunchyMC being my favorite server, I would say that I’m pretty good at woolwars. This is relevant because I often get toxic reactions in chat / being targeted by someone that is bhopping. I always record them and post it onto the forums or /report, but I’ve always thought that woolwars could use some extra helping hands. The staff on woolwars are very hardworking, but I thought I could be an asset by being online in the early morning.
Finally, there are lots of new players on woolwars, and though I’ve still been able to answer their questions, play with them in games, and overall be kind, I think the purple name would help me be someone that the players can trust.
Adding more detail to this because I wanted to clear something up
Though my ultimate goal here is to keep munchymc free of hackers, overly toxic players, (Just rule breakers in general) I feel like honestly there is an aspect of my interest in staff I wanted to cover.
I could only assume that it feels great when a staff member bans a hacker that’s ruining the game and sees all the “GGs” or “Thanks mod” in chat. I’ve wanted that feeling for a long time now, and It’s not quite the same when you simply report the person for breaking the rule. Though this is sort of for personal gain, I want to make sure that it is clear that whatever happens I will keep being helpful and kind, and I am not playing Munchy just to get staff.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
Though I’ve never run a minecraft server that people other then my friends come to (I will explain at the end), I have had roles in other games such as Moderator. This game’s anticheat was very different than Ares, because of course it was in another game, but I learned to deal with cheaters, toxic people, and things that the staff deal with on Munchy every day. Overall, I’d give myself an 7 for moderating a community. The reason I don’t go higher is Minecraft server moderation is somewhat new to me.
This isn’t comparable to munchy’s player count but there was this one snow day in school… though this is a stupid story, I created a server for my entire class+ kids from other classes (35-40 kids) and believe me it was difficult. There were griefers, and cheaters… and people spamming. It was like trying to moderate 2b2t. (Just kidding, but still…) This is the closest thing I’ve had to moderating a minecraft server.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
Probably 8… as I used to do it in 2015.
Yes, this is true, unfortunately I used to be a hacker kid. Even though this doesn’t look the best now, I’ve learned a lot about what cheaters see. For example, when I used to cheat (On my MAIN account by the way…) I was able to see the specific settings for hacks such as killaura. The basic minecraft reach is around 2.5-3 blocks, but you can get more by W-Tapping. As someone who used to use hacks, I can sometimes tell that the hits someone are getting are not legit.

I thought I should add this here to clear things up - as much as I’d like to say I am, I’m NOT confident with identifying ghost/closet cheaters. I can detect somewhat blatant velocity / antiknockback but if the person has good settings I don’t currently think I’d be able to notice it.

Usually in woolwars, hackers are blatant and have many alts. It’s very easy for me to notice blatant hacks, such as Bhop, Killaura, straight up antiknockback, and speed- (Which is different then Bhop.)
To better show what I know, I’ve listed some hacks below this -
Bhop - Different then speed in the way that it allows to to strafe in any direction with no restraint. It usually makes the user automatically “Hop” in the direction they are moving in.
Killaura - Allows the user to attack the targets they have listed in their settings (Mobs, Players, All entities) in any direction, even behind them. It’s also sometimes called Forcefield.
Antiknockback - Makes it so the user doesn’t take knockback. Some clients can edit their settings to make it look more legit.
Velocity - Different then antiknockback, velocity makes you take VERTICLE knockback. This is often used in ghost clients. This sometimes looks legit if they have good settings, but for me there is a somewhat clear difference between tapping W and velocity.
Speed - Makes you go faster. You can tell the difference between speed and a kit/ potion by looking at the player’s particles. Users of speed also move abnormally. Overall, it’s easy to detect and doesn’t look natural.
Scaffold - Instantly places blocks below the user’s feet. Some clients can do it smoothly, (Works while running, jumping… even with speedhacks sometimes.) This is blatant and very easy to detect.
Autoclicker - Allows the user to either hold down the M1 button keep attacking, or they don’t have to click at all. Autoclickers are sometimes external, meaning they are a program that Isn’t in minecraft, but is something completely different, or they are injected into the user’s game.

There are many, many more hacks that I know but for the purposes of not making this take 9 years to read I will keep it to the most common hacks found in woolwars.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
I will only be linking the good quality hacker reports, as many of them were recorded when I had terrible OBS settings. I assure you that I can now record at very smooth FPS.

(The first one has music in it, none of the other ones do.)

Hacker report 1

hacker number seven million nine hundred and fifty three thousand and twelve - YouTube

Hacker report 2

good obs settings i did it - YouTube

Hacker report 3

https://youtu.be/wf5KJWcvxtg

Hacker report 4 (Very recent)

cheater!! - YouTube

There are many, MANY, more hacker reports that I have recorded, but as I’ve previously stated, some of them were recorded with broken OBS settings. You can find all my hacker reports on my activity page, here.

Edit : Thanks Atterax
Edit 2/3: fixed some sentence structure and added words like “the” and “and”, along with fixing any grammar mistakes I noticed.
Edit 4: Added the most honest response + more detail to “Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?”
Edit 5…? : Added Teamspeak schedule, added part about becoming more active on teamspeak, and better explained my ban in 2016 without saying the username publicly.
– I have no idea what the other 3 edits are, but I can bet they’re probably just adding 1-4 words, cleaning up sentences, and fixing grammar. –
Edit 10: Cleaned up the “What would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats” question, hopefully improving the run-on sentences and making it look nicer. Also added new, very recent hacker report.

That is all, thank you SO so much for reading, and good luck to all the other applicants!!

• HELIXSREVENGE
23 Likes

+1 Helix is kind, mature, and helpful. he has shown knowledge of the game as well as helping players. Helix is known in the community, and would be a good fit for the staff team.

2 Likes

I see you online almost everytime I go on WoolWars and you’re quite active on the discord and forums.

• Mature
  • Friendly
  • Active
    +1
1 Like

+1

• Helpful

• Kind

• Bully

• Has alot of knowledge about the server

Good Luck! <3

1 Like

@xoau , @xoLilith, @W4FI Thank you all so much!! Your replies mean a lot to me. :slight_smile:

…Ok

2 Likes

+1 helix

2 Likes

+1
Helix is always kind and helpful to people, always answer questions from players, and overall just a very active player. I’d definitely like to see him with a purple name!

5 Likes

+1 helix is a great person they are very active and friendly

1 Like

+1

Amazing Application, and has always been active every time I am on WoolWars, or any other server. They are very nice, and would be an amazing staff applicant.

Best of luck to you.

1 Like

+1 very active and knowledgeable of the server

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback!!

2 Likes

+1
give him staff pls

3 Likes

+1 extremely nice and knowledgeable guy, would be a great staff member!

1 Like

+1
I only Helix a little bit. But from what I see, they are kind, mature, and helpful to players.
Give them staff pls.

3 Likes

+1
Active and nice

3 Likes

+1. Helix is always very mature and keen to assist when somebody requires help, along with consistent activity on Munchy. Good luck!

2 Likes

+1 Kind player, active, helps players out a lot, and is mature.

1 Like

+1 I’ve seen helix’s devotion to the community as well as the gamemode and i’ve been blown away by him, he’s absolutely amazing and a great choice for staff!

1 Like

Too long to read, therefore must be good.

2 Likes

+1

I think Helix could make a great addition to the team

3 Likes