If you are having trouble figuring out how to complete certain quests and get crate keys then you’re at the right place! I’ve outlined what I think are the easiest ways to complete the emerald quests. Please remember: if you find a bug, report it to staff!
I have split this into 5 sections ranging (in my opinion) from easiest to hardest quests to complete. Some of the more self-explanatory quests, such as
Mine Stone, I have left blank. Feel free to skip through to find whichever quest you just haven’t quite worked out yet. If you have any further questions or comments I would love to hear them! I hope this helps!
Easy and quick to complete
- Buy an item worth 250 gold in 5 shops.
- /withdraw 250, go to a shop that has a quest shop set up and sell the gold, then buy it back again. These are the 5 shops I use: 71, 27, 98, 96, 80.
- If you get the message
The owner of this shop cannot afford to pay you., ask the owner if you can pay them 250 gold, do the quest, then have the money back.
- Craft 512 bricks
- Craft 64 hoppers
- Craft 256 Books
- Splash Weakness at 50 players.
- As with the reading players quest, I would ask players to gather at spawn to be splashed with a weakness potion. If you are having trouble, offer gold to those who attend.
- Mine 10k Stone
- Mine 10k Netherrack
- Collect 150 Turtle Eggs
- If you have a scute farm it could double as a turtle egg farm.
- Harvest 1k Wheat
- For both this and the nether wart quest I recommend building a large farm for yourself where you only need to replant once or twice to complete the quest.
- Harvest 2.5k Nether Wart
- Cure 30 Zombie Villagers
- If you have villagers, this one is easy! Create a chamber where you can store a number of villagers and a zombie. I use minecarts to hold my villagers in place while the zombie kills them. The server is on Hard difficulty which means that when a villager is killed by a zombie it is guaranteed to become a zombie villager.
- To cure the zombie villager, throw a splash potion of weakness and feed it a golden apple. It will then begin the curing process which can take up to 5 minutes.
- Kill 1k Hostile mobs
- I would recommend using a mob/XP grinder for this quest and it will be complete within minutes.
- Kill 200 Silverfish
- I have created a small XP grinder on the warp totem named [name], this includes a silverfish grinder!
- You can also obtain silverfish from mountain biomes and Strongholds.
- Trade with villagers 2k times
- Use any Villager Trading Hall, I recommend my own as it has over 130 villagers!
- Mine Diamond and Emerald Ore
- Diamond ore spawns at y=12 most often
- Emerald ore spawns in mountain biomes, most often at y=4 to y=31
- You will need at least an Iron pickaxe.
- Reach 300 XP
- If you have ++ rank and the
/bottlexpcommand then this is easy. If not… good luck.
- If you have ++ rank and the
Easy to complete buy may take a while
- Shear 500 sheep
- I suggest making a sheep pit, breeding them until you reach mob cap and shear them as much as you can.
- Collect 5k Oak Logs (just over 78 stacks)
- Collect 1k Obsidian (almost 16 stacks)
- Catch 2k Salmon by fishing
- Eat 300 Gapples
- Costs 2.4k gold and slightly less than 5 stacks of apples
- Deal 50k damage to an enemy
- Use mob grinders, you gain 0.01% quest xp each hit.
- Welcome 250 New Players
- Look in chat, it doesn’t matter if you’re not the first person to welcome them.
- Smelt 10k gold ore
- I don’t think you will be able to do this every week.
- My advice would be to hoard 10k gold ore for a few weeks then smelt it all at once to complete this quest.
Easy to complete but you may need to build farms
- Breed 500 Mules
- A mule is created when you cross-breed a horse and a donkey. To activate love mode you must feed both animals either golden apples or golden carrots.
- Doing this 500 times could be difficult with a 10 minute cooldown on breeding so I suggest having a few horses and a few donkeys and breeding them all at once.
- Have 25 Potion Effects applied at once
- There is an online tutorial on how to make a chamber giving you all the potion effects at once.
- I will make one soon, possibly charging people money to tp to me and use it.
- Trade 50 times with Wandering Trader
- I suggest having a Wandering Trader in an Artemis’ Net.
- If you somehow find a trader and nametag it, it will despawn after a certain amount of time. You only need to trade 50 times with 1 Wandering Trader.
- Kill 75 ravagers
- oCrypt has a raid farm and I am building one as well. I’m sure that you can use one of these farms for the quest or summon a raid yourself.
- To summon your own raid, obtain bad omen effect from pillagers and go to a village to activate.
- Kill 75 (Mining World) Elder Guardians
- 3 Elder Guardians spawn in an ocean monument.
- You will need to find 23 ocean monuments in the mining world in a week to complete this quest.
Dependant on other players
- Trade with 100 players
- YOU have to initiate the trade at spawn to gain quest experience. If someone else initiates the trade you should accept it, press esc and then re-initiate the trade. To ensure that you are the one that initiated the trade, check that you are putting the traded item into the BOTTOM row of the GUI.
- I usually advertise in chat that I’m giving away free gold at spawn. I trade 1 gold ingot with a player. They get 1 gold and I get a percentage of my quest completed.
- Kill 125 players
- Honestly, this one is probably impossible. I had a hard enough time getting 20 people to let me kill them, even for 10 gold each.
- If you manage to get a group of people together and kill each other then it may work.
- Craft 3 Conduits
- Nautilus Shells are easy to find and quite cheap to buy
- A Heart of the Sea is guaranteed in a Buried Treasure Chest
- Buried treasure always generates at chunk coordinate 9 on both the X and Z axes, and is always facing east. Buried treasure will always spawn in a beach or snowy beach biome.
- Alternatively, you could buy a Heart of the Sea for 800-1000 gold each.
- Tame 100 Wolves
- There’s no easy way to do this quest. I would recommend /rtp’ing around the mining world and finding wolves to tame.
- Wolves spawn naturally above grass blocks, dirt or podzol in forests, taigas, giant tree taigas and snowy taigas.
- If you didn’t already know, you will need bones to tame the wolves.
- Eat 50 Enchanted Golden Apples
- Also called Notch Apples or E-Gaps. These can be bought for 100-300 gold each from other players.
- Alternatively, you can hunt for them in the Mining and Nether worlds.
- There is a less than 7% chance of Enchanted Golden Apples spawning in Bastion Remnant Treasure Rooms. There is a 3% chance of Enchanted Golden Apples spawning in Dungeons aka Spawner Rooms. Mineshafts, Desert Temples and Ruined Portals have a less than 2% chance of spawning Enchanted Golden Apples.
- Fish up 100 Nautilus Shells
- You will need a high fishing level for this quest.
- If it’s raining on the bobber, the waiting time is reduced by 20% on average.
- If the player is fishing without skylight access, the wait time is doubled on average.
- Lure makes catching fish faster. Lure IV is the maximum in survival but it is a rare item so Lure III is the minimum recommended.
- Once you reach level 5 in fishing you unlock level 1 Master Angler, a Passive SubSkill, which increases the speed of fishing when in a boat by an unknown amount.
- Collect 500 Bee Nests
- Bee Nests have a 5% chance to spawn in plains and sunflower plains, a 2% chance in flower forests and a 0.2% forest, wooded hills, birch forest, tall birch forest, birch forest hills and tall birch hills.
- Oak or birch trees grown from saplings that are within 2 blocks of a flower on the same y-level have a 5% chance to grow with a bee nest containing 1–3 bees. This holds true in any biome in any dimension, and for any flower.
- You will need a Pickaxe or Axe enchanted with Silk Touch.
- Tame 500 Horses
- Horses spawn in plains and savanna biomes.
- Taming depends on the horse’s
temper. Horses begin with a temper of 0 out of 100. When a player first mounts the horse, a random taming threshold 0–99 is chosen. The horse becomes tame if the temper exceeds this threshold. Otherwise, the player is bucked off and the temper is increased by 5, to be compared against the threshold the next time the player mounts the horse. Temper can also be increased by feeding the horse.
- The best food for feeding Horses to increase temper is golden apples (+10) but a cheaper alternative is wheat (+5).