Glider Nerf Idea

So, as many of us know, Glider is already quite an OP kit even after it had a nerf. So I have an idea for another nerf.

Addition:
You have a certain amount of gliding you can do before totally stopping, and falling. The amount of glide you have can be indicated by the EXP bar. Say, its starts at 20 seconds, you glide for 4 seconds, and now you have 16 seconds of glide now.

Fall Damage
I feel like the amount of fall damage you take should be marked from 1/2 of the damage to 3/4 of the damage. This would again, make this kit less overpowered. There’s also a totally separate kit that stops you from taking fall damage

Just an Idea
~SkoPie

7 Likes

Just ask someone to remove the kit, no need to make a whole post “of how to make the glider kit, useless” :+1:

2 Likes

its not like 85% of the kits in the game are already useless

1 Like

I think rather than giving it 20 seconds of flight time (in your example), give it a max amount of flight time per flight. Example 3 seconds per flight but they have an unlimited amount of flights.

Also add a cool down before each flight (not to long).

Also the exp bar would work better for this as it would go down as you start flying, and once you’ve flown for 3 seconds you would stop flying and the exp bar would go back up as the cool-down is going and once its full the cool down is over and you can start flying.

2 Likes

There have been so many posts about nerfing glider, at this point, unfortunately, its not even worth pointing it out anymore…

7 Likes

meh, I guess you’re right

1 Like

Glider kit was perfect before and even though you buffed it us pros which use glider masterd the art of it again and we say keep it.

No no even better but it back to how it was before

2 Likes

we love to hear ideas about the best way of going about changes

1 Like

this would make glider useless in my opinion, although at this point idek if a glider nerf will happen

3 Likes

As much as there’s been a lot of discussion about how Glider & Bouncy be OP… There’s a certain point where it’s better to buff the other kits instead of continuously nerfing stronger ones.

I do think that Glider is just a tiny bit more OP than Bouncy, but I’d rather have the other kits be buffed.

5 Likes

I think that the only way to nerf glider kit, but also to keep it playable is to add a cooldown. Maybe just a 5 second cooldown in between gliding will take a little bit of annoyance away.

1 Like

wow hey look its a suggestion ive already seen

For this to not destroy the kit we would need the player to gain x seconds of glider flight on kill, allowing the kit to become agro and make it so players cannot run away, also remove the 3s cooldown if you add this

As a glider user I can say the changes imposed would tarnish the fun and or use of the kit. I enjoyed the suggestion of an exp bar determining the glide time, but the fall damage would make pvp about 25% harder due to the already damaging fall damage causing health items to be needed to heal.
-0.5 for me…

1 Like

imagine not knowing how to cancel glider fall damage, couldn’t be me