Gargamel WoolWars Map Submission

Map name: Gargamel
Creator(s): Beelzebeel
Map type: NORMAL
Parkour block: Diamond Block
Player podium block: Lime Carpet
Pre-game podium block: Black Wool
[NOTE: Positioning of screenshots vary very due to positioning errors. My apologies.]

Map download link:

Notes: This map was a very interesting map to create. If you would like to look at the process of how this map was made, go check out this post!

2 Likes

+0.5
Disclaimer: I am not a good builder in any way so my opinion probably won’t be the best thing to go off of

• In the area with filled end portal frames with red carpets on top of it, when I downloaded the map the carpets popped off the portal.

• I also think the platform that for the platform that takes up about half the map could be more detailed on the underside, as it looks quite bland to me. Perhaps make it less flat with some more blocks added in alongside the hardened clay?
  • Also, the stuff below the platform that takes up half the map is pretty dark without fullbright, so I recommend adding some light sources there.

Besides those few things, I think the map looks great!

3 Likes

I would assume the people whom would be playing Munchy and play WoolWars would be using fullbright.
I will edit the issue mentioned as well. Thank you for mentioning.

2 Likes

There are definitely people who play woolwars without fullbright. I have seen quite a few people complain on the map Hogwarts Banquet that they can’t see anything.

2 Likes

Will take into note.

[EDIT: The issues have been resolved]

2 Likes

+0
I dunno, I just dont see myself playing on it, gives me more pvp vibes than woolwara vibes with the big platform

nicely made tho

2 Likes

+0

The map looks very good aesthetically! Not overdetailed but with enough detail to look nice.
I can’t see myself playing on the map, though, as it is just too PvP based. The smaller islands you added really do not distract from that as there are still two large islands which take up the whole map.
The only way to avoid hitting your head on the islands is bridging up through the middle of the map.

Definitely has potential though!

3 Likes

I don’t see it as good woolwars gameplay.

One way to fix that is by making the huge island in the middle, floating in the middle and making it circular.
And also adding more detail to the under side of the island, maybe some large stone spikes on the underside and more “bumpy”.

I can see a lot of players getting stuck under the big island unless you make it circular in the middle.
It would get worse if you made the detailing under the island without moving it to the middle as well, because then there would be probably no chance for newer players to dig up or even go to the side most likely.

Checklist:

• Make the island smaller, and circular in the middle so people can build up in the side. (Not too small maybe 5 blocks smaller every rotation, it could be a fun concept having to run around in there to kill other players).

• Add more detail to the underside of the island, large stone spikes that goes down.

• Place the smaller islands further away from each other at the top, and add a 3rd one.

Other technical issues will be fixed if possible, so don’t worry about those.

3 Likes

It doesn’t look bad but I can’t see myself wanting to play on this map. It seems way to build for PvP rather then woolwars. Remove some of the huge platforms and then we could get somewhere.

2 Likes

Will take in to consideration! Thanks for the feedback!

[EDIT: I have incorporated these fixes into the map.]

1 Like

Hi there,

Unfortunately your submission has been unsuccessful this time, but please don’t be discouraged! We are always delighted any time we get new maps from players and we’d love to see more of these from you. Thank you for your submission! :)