Floating Island Build Competition!

WoolWars Lobby Floating Island Competition

Hello Munchies! Today I am happy to announce the start of a new competition - the WoolWars Island Competition! If you are up for the challenge, you’ll be creating a floating island build that may be added into the WoolWars lobby permanently!

It can be any theme you like - such as a mountain or volcano, a hellish landscape, Brazil, a huge tower, a desert oasis, or anything else you can think of! There are very few limits to this competition, however I’d recommend taking inspiration from the current aesthetic of the lobby for the best results!

Floating Island Dimensions And Map Details

The underside of the island can be a maximum of 30 blocks tall, and the diameter of the island can be a maximum of 30 blocks wide. The island (from the floor level) can be as tall as you like though! You can make the island smaller if you like!

Please make sure your build uses only 1.8.9 blocks! Any blocks from newer versions will be replaced with air unfortunately due to the server being natively 1.8!

Winners

I am looking for up to three winners, who will have their islands placed in the following position:

They will also win the prestige of being very cool AND a tag of their choice. Up to three builders per submission can receive this prize!

Closing Date and Submitting Your Map

The competition will end June 1st, or until three winners have been chosen! Get to it folks!

To submit your map you cannot submit a schematic! It must be a world folder! A map folder will look something like this:
However the only files you actually need are:

• level.dat
  • region folder and all its contents

I recommend compressing the folder to a ZIP file using a program such as WinRAR and uploading it to Google Drive or MediaFire and submitting your build as a download link!

I’d also recommend doing your build in a void world, however as long as I can easily WorldEdit copy and paste it then there won’t be any issues!

Good Luck!

31 Likes

First?!

5 Likes

no me

3 Likes

POG good luck everyone!! :D

4 Likes

ooh omg, goodluck to everyone who is participating
APPA ROCK OMG??

3 Likes

Maybe I’ll participate this time :monkey:

1 Like

Lemme just build 3 floating islands real quick-

1 Like

omgomg :kermitlove:

1 Like

BRAZIL ISLAND?!? :flushed:

4 Likes

Is Wooly tag able to be chosen :eyes:

this is cool :O

:000 I’m deffintly participating in this comp, even though I’ve litterly never competed in any.

This is an island I made before my PC broke for a certain something but I don’t know if this’ll qualify ;-;

Good luck to all the contestants!

Edit: Nevermind, just read how to submit it and I don’t have the world file so rip my entry :dizzy_face:

5 Likes

that was quick

1 Like

I’m assuming he built this in the past, based on the desc

1 Like

?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??

6 Likes

can I choose admin tag

5 Likes

why is there a brazil option.
help

Only store tags I assume he means.