Fisherman Rotation

I recently suggested an idea to Bad about a week ago about a change in the Fisherman NPC, and I thought about it. And decided that I should post it here. I suggested the idea of removing the aspect of daily catches for the Fisherman NPC and just allowing players to sell their fish on any given day without having to wait on a specific fish.

I had three reasons for this

• The daily catches of the Fisherman NPC felt unnecessary due to a specific fish not showing up, causing a player to stack up in said fish until they can sell it.

• The daily catches kinda discourage new players from even attempting to try and talk to that NPC because they would not be high enough level to catch the fish the NPC currently wants

• A player who would need to leave for multiple days and get off the server in the meantime would have come back with a missed opportunity to sell any fish for the days he wasn’t playing the game. Which would just refer back to reason one

I have not played this specific map for a long time so I’m not exactly educated on what fish even go through the daily catch refresh, I have no idea whether it’s all fish or a set few. But since I’m new to this map and have a low fishing level currently, this is my perspective on it.

I would love to hear what others would have to say about it, especially those who have extremely high level fishing in which this probably wouldn’t even affect that much. I would love to hear your details on it.

3 Likes

I agree, actually. It’s just kind of an annoying feature

4 Likes

fish go fish

1 Like

Fishers want everything handed to them

1 Like

It just feels unnecessary to me personally is all I think

1 Like

How would you like it if you could only sell dark oak one day a week, jungle another, and so on. Yeah you’d be able to sell everything eventually. But whats the point? its just a massive inconvenience to the user, no other item needs to be sold in this fasion. so why should fish be any different? What if every block you mined was stored in invclaim, and at the end of every week you got to finally sell them? it doesnt make sense does it?

1 Like

Because fish have a use lol, no other items you sell when mining / woodmining have a use… How are people going to get their fish if it’s sold instantly everytime, it doesn’t make sense does it.

1 Like

It makes perfect sense, the purpose of the fisherman is to set a base price for fish, not to make it pointless to sell fish to others. But keep pretending you know what you’re talking about, you dont. Its become incredibly clear over the past few days that you are biased in regards to fishing.

lol im literally repeating what i was told in disc dms and you are correct if i didnt think it was right i wouldnt of repeated it… but it makes sense. you talk about bias like you havent been biased for fishing the entire few days. you are a maniac take a break

right… and you know all of the base price for the fish now so it shouldnt matter if its not in rotation yet? i do not understand your point. you are waffling

you said fisherman is there to set a base price in the market… it has done that, so why would instant selling fish to the fisherman matter? if your aim is to set the base price to sell to others… entirely ruins your point of “its a massive inconvenience!” u just stated ur aim is to sell to the market instead of the fisherman npc anyways? you honestly dont think before you type. all emotion no brain

It is not realistic to say that all fish can be sold to others since you get so many of them. Yeah, I’d absolutely prefer to sell every single fish i get to others for a higher price than the fisherman offers, or even at the same price. But that isnt going to happen. Nobody wants to buy thousands upon thousands of fish. As such, despite technically being able to get a better price, you sell the bulk of your fish to the fisherman. The fisherman daily rotation is a completely pointless mechanic. All it serves to do is clog up your storage as you painstakingly wait for somebody else to buy your fish, or for the fisherman to do it.

Hopefully this clears things up, though i doubt it will as you are probably going to come up with another BS counterargument.

only read the last sentence cus cba arguing w an npc but it seems that every counter argument someone makes with you and makes you look like an idiot is bs lolz

whats your argument against it exactly? I’m confused lowkey

I think there’s 2 arguments against it

1. Fish has a use compared to resources from mining/wood mining
  2. Fishing already is decent so why change one of the core mechanics of it

Not necessarily agreeing to either of these arguments, however I would like to interject my own here.

• Inventory management has always been one of the downsides of fishing, and it’s sort of been a nice pay off for getting essentially free items without having to do anything but right click. I personally see it as a huge buff to stop people from worrying about how to manage all of the extra fish they catch and can’t sell and it stops rewarding more organised players. Idk seems like a huge buff to get rid of that mechanic now.

I’m fine with being the unpopular opinion here, as usual Ice will most likely get so mad that I’d even suggest something that remotely goes against his topic, even when it isn’t his original post. I just want to laugh when he does it.

the confusion may be caused by reading something that isnt directed at you

Im just curious your viewpoint on it

Yeah, this is the main argument that I thought about when mentioning this, but it just feels like the only people you are gonna see use the fishing mechanic are people who already had 50+ levels into it by the time this post was made. It just feels really unnecessary for anyone who didn’t already invest a lot of hours into improving fishing to a level that becomes viable. If you get what im trying to say

Plus high level fisherman would probably always be able to sell something each day anyways

I agree it that it feels silly.

The only time argument I can think of that makes it relevant from a balancing perspective is the map start. It only prevents fresh new players from getting a little bit of extra of bal, which is irrelevant two weeks (or less) into the map.