Feather kit ruins woolwars

Hello I am back to the forums everyone! Hope you didn’t miss me too much so I came to say that recently I’ve been getting back into woolwars heavily which has been nice dunking on people but there has been one thing on my mind while playing and that’s the unfairness of feather kit. If you don’t play woolwars then feather kit is a kit where I’d you land from falling the max fall damage you take is 2 hearts and if you land on wool you take 0 damage. So you might ask why is this op? Well you see woolwars is a floor is lava kind of game mode infused with the hunger games and the goal is to win and not fall on the sandstone and you can knock others into sandstone with consumables like snow balls or arrows. So you might see how this impacts the game in the users favor. But if you don’t see let me get some examples. Example 1 is when I was playing spy kit on the Pac-Man map where I went invisible and I had full iron and an iron sword and I was fighting someone using feather so naturally I hit him off and he should die because he fell approximately 40 blocks but he blocked clutched and took 0 damage. 0. 0 god damn damage and was able to steal the win by shooting me off. Another example was when I was fighting on the fun fair map and the player I was fighting was playing feather and I was playing teleporter and I hit him off a total of 3 times and he took no damage, And this isn’t like a 10 block fall this is like to the bottom of the map and the wool block clutch saves them. Now you may notice this needs skill with block clutching but I can assure you that it isn’t that skilled because my final example was when I was fighting a person playing bouncy and I was chasing him and he kills down and takes 2 hearts of damage and I can’t jump because I’ll die so he effectively gets away. So in conclusion please nerf feather kit it ruins the game which is based on falling :/

2 Likes

yes feather kit may be a little bit over powered, and probably should get a slight nerf, it doesn’t “ruin” the game, it just means you have to find ways to counter it. i find that trapping people with lava/webs is a good way of combatting it.

tldr: skill issue

4 Likes

Woolwars is a game that rewards people for being smart. There are lots of ways to kill other players, even when they have more gear than you. Some examples include tricking someone off an edge, using paladin’s strength to deal more damage, and setting up ambushes with engineer traps. The only limit to your woolwars skill is your creativity.

Feather changes that.
As a general rule, I don’t like kit features that nullify smart playstyles. For example, juking someone out and hitting them into the sandstone, only for them to be using feather and take zero damage. Woolwars should reward players for being clever, and kits with these ‘get-out-of-a-bad-situation-free’ features negate that.

There are other kits that are good at escaping unfavorable situations, but they’re balanced because they still either take lots of skill to pull off (glider/teleporter) or are limited in their ability to run for long periods of time (vanish/camel).

There’s nothing inherently wrong with a kit that takes reduced fall damage, but as it is, it’s too easy for someone to to run away from any bad situation they face. Feather doesn’t need a crippling nerf like the ones that ruined glider and teleporter, but some sort of light balance would help the kit.

4 Likes

Yeah but it’s kinda hard to web them if they run off the edge

So yeeeah

1 Like

Disagree, have a nice day

3 Likes

I don’t know if I’ve ever used that kit but I really enjoy using either Spiderman or Angel. It’s different. I’ll have to try out a feather to get a better perspective but I guess it depends on the skill level of each person who plays. Like, some people might be more experienced with certain kits.

1 Like

Maybe just remove the no damage feature but keep the greatly reduced dmg for all blocks

3 Likes

Whatever zombies says I agree

2 Likes

Disagree, have a horrible one.

1 Like

I am a feather user and am in favor of a nerf but I don’t think it ruins the game. Maybe feather does 50% of your health when falling and 20% when on sandstone? Idk it needs a nerf but it the ww devs have a lot of other things to do before that gets prioritized

2 Likes