Fastest way to get unbanned on Purgatory

Getting unbanned on Purgatory can be difficult, stressful, and most of all time consuming. Many people can simply buy an unban, however with Minecraft being for a younger audience, many players don’t have that option. (skip ahead for steps)

Being on purgatory so much, the most common ban reason I see is NOT hacking, It is autoclicking(in the month I have been Munchy). You see it is hard for an anti-cheat to see the difference between autoclicking and drag/butterfly (from my knowledge at least). And this results in most players being banned for auto clicking while they were actually drag/butterfly clicking. However, you also can’t make an appeal stating you were using a legit clicking method, because if you were allowed to, autoclickers would also use that excuse.

Now brings me to the worst part about this, players often get unbanned if they apologize when they make their ban appeal, however if you can’t use a legitimate excuse, and the only other option is to apologize, how do you apologize for it?

After asking a Mod, he said

However unless people ask me how to make an appeal for it, they are often stuck in Purgatory. Hopefully people can find this post when they look for how to get unbanned. But for those who are sincerely sorry for cheating, I have the next best thing.

Most players decide to go for stone since you only have to get 12500, instead of 26250 dirt, however you can do something much faster with dirt which is impossible with stone.

Disclaimer, Only works on 1.9+

Steps

1. Get dirt and 14 other blocks. Due to dirt being less sought after than stone, you can often find it around spawn, sometimes even on the spawn paths. Try to get 6-10 dirt, then use /spawn to get back. The spawn paths are ussually riddled in blocks, collect 14 blocks(doesn’t matter what)
  2. Get down to bedrock. Due to the spawn region being slightly wider that spawn itself on the west and north side of spawn, fall damage is turned off in a portion of the world around spawn. You can use this to get to bedrock by using the granite/andesite/diorite veins located on the north and west sides of spawn
  3. Once you have your dirt, 14 blocks, and you are at bedrock, look for a bedrock generation that looks something like this

It should have a bedrock above, one below, 2 air blocks opposite each other on the top, and you need to be able to stand in it.
  4. Make the structure. Being at bedrock many of these blocks should be there already, so you shouldn’t have to use every block.

One you have this done, you may already be inside depending on your bedrock situation, but block yourself off so the only available blocks are in the form of a T which you are inside of.
  5. Now you are ready to start, put the dirt in your off-hand and hold your shovel. Place dirt and break it with the shovel over and over.

This method prevents all non-ranked player trolls, and the only way you could be killed is if a player comes to you and breaks open the structure, or if a ranked player trolls you. The only Default troll which can be a problem is the fire, however just punch the fire and and eat to regain health.

If you do this perfectly you can earn an unban in 8 hours, this includes the time it takes to set up and any deaths which could happen. It still takes a long time however the point of purgatory is to not only punish you for cheating, but also to test your dedication to the server, and I feel this does both, while also letting you get back to playing as soon as possible.

Feel free to ask any questions or tell me your complaints about this, and tell me how you would best earn an unban.

9 Likes

I like the guide but you should probably mention that you must be in 1.9+, since you can play purgatory in earlier versions without the offhand

4 Likes

Thanks! I wasn’t aware you could.

4 Likes

Interesting guide! It’s fun to see your analysis of purgatory and all its quirks. Hopefully you keep making these!

2 Likes

Mad respect

2 Likes

Original and fun idea making a post about this

Although it makes it take less longer for hackers to come out purgatory so it’s more likely if a hacker uses this guide that they weren’t in purgatory for long enough to let them not have learned their lesson.

But still with all of that this is a very original forum post keep making these if you can.

2 Likes

Smart way to get unbanned :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Someone on Purgatory said they needed 26k dirt blocks, I felt the pain bro lol. Anyways, I wasn’t ever banned, but nice strategy!

2 Likes

I need 52.5k smh

2 Likes

Never thought of that, thank you for the tips!

2 Likes

Lol thats insane

2 Likes

I just discovered a major improvement that can fully safeguard this from all regular player trolls. You should also obtain one string from a cobweb which should be easy to find, once you made your structure place the cobweb on the bottom block. This prevents the fire troll from working which was the final troll I needed to prevent to perfect this method! :D

2 Likes

Cool guide. Very nice.

3 Likes

staff necropost djdidojsdbdbjdjdjdhdjdnneksjsbalak

5 Likes