/Event Requests

The idea:

When typing /event and clicking on an event above your current rank you should be greeted with the “Purchase for (x amount) of tokens” screen with an additional option of “Request event for (x amount) of tokens”

Requesting Specifications:

• 30% off the original token price (This could be changed to another amount or worked on).

• 1-2 requests for different events every 30 minutes (a cooldown).

• When someone requests an event after spending their tokens it gives all ranks able to host a notification message in the chat.(This could also be changed to just hovering over the event in /events and the current request amount being displayed).

• The notification message should be enabled or disabled by choice of the player or limited to when an event has a specific number of ongoing requests (e.g. 5, 10, 15, and so on).

• Once a player has logged off their request is now removed and have 5 minutes to rejoin or their tokens will be lost.

• If an event is currently on cooldown or ongoing requesting should not be available either.

Final says:

I’d appreciate some thoughts and feedback on this, it’s a small feature but something that might help in the future for hosting specific events and appealing to all players who are online.
I’m aware there’s not much dev time as of late due to working on updates and this would have to wait if implemented but I wanted to throw this idea out there on the off chance it has not already been thought about or discussed.

I’m aware this is a minor change but it’d be nice to have a more active engagement for all players when it comes to selecting, hosting, and requesting events in the future when development is able to add these smaller changes. - Lucies

3 Likes

i just dont really see the point in this but i also dont feel like explaining

2 Likes

The point is for all players ranked and unranked to have more of a say and visual to what people want when it comes to events. If you appeal to what people want more people to stick around, and more people will have fun. A lot of people with ranks will often ask “What event would you like hosted?” a small addition like this would just make knowing what people want simpler or people with ranks are online but absolutely nothing is hosted at all. (It’s not supposed to be a big change but a small addition that could add a lot for others when it comes to events).

It provides more of a voice for people online (newer included) to have their requests seen and counted when they want an event to happen. It’s more of a signal for what’s popular than something massively game-changing.

You could even use something like this for unranked players to have more premium events like sumo, dodgeball, and so on with a larger majority of players online requesting the event and that event being hosted.

1 Like

if someone without a rank really wanted an event why not just say “can someone host __?” in global chat instead of using tokens for a global request? i assure you 95% of the time someone will host an event if you just ask in chat.

1 Like

Some people are muted, others are ignored (Specifically newer players too) and a lot of the time it’s hard to get a good tell on what the majority online wants. This is just a quick simple way to do that, I don’t see a problem with a small implement like this. it’s not like everyone has to use this but it’d be nice to have the option to do so, especially if multiple people are requesting a specific event for anyone able to host to get a little heads up without everyone having to individually ask in the chat.

“I’m aware this is a minor change but it’d be nice to have a more active engagement for all players when it comes to selecting, hosting, and requesting events in the future”

I appreciate your opinion and feedback anyways though

1 Like

if people aren’t going to use an idea what’s the point

I like @McDonalds change to the event system more than this idea, this just seems impractical

1 Like

It’s a matter of choice and an option to choose from doesn’t mean it isn’t going to be used.

Mcdonalds’ Idea of lowering Token costs for events I also agree with but I’d still like a way to request events, notify people with ranks for events, and see which events are wanted by the majority online in a quick easy way. There’s nothing to lose from adding this and it’s a very simple thing.

Anyways if you guys do not like this idea that is fair enough, thanks for giving it a read.

1 Like

nah theyre not

1 Like

i ignored a lot of players that asked about badboyhalo, dream, and george (skeppy is the COOLEST so he wasn’t ignored) and most of them were new

1 Like

valid

1 Like