DrewskiLuv Staff Application (January 2022)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?: I have been playing regularly on MunchyMC since May 2020. If I am not traveling - I am usually on MunchyMC.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?: Yes. I have recording software I use for YouTube/Twitch streams. (OBS)

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?: Yes. I tend to use discord more often than TeamSpeak3 but I am able to use both.

Application

IGN: DrewskiLuv

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time - EST

Can you use a microphone for an interview?: Yes.

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod): I am interested in both and would be happy to help in which ever role you think I would be best suited for.

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE): I am interested in moderating the Survival Server.

How active can you be per week? I tend to try to play daily. I am usually AFK while at work (Monday-Thursday mornings/afternoon) and active the remaining times - unless traveling.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story: I have never been punished on MunchyMC, including mutes, jail, bans, etc.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application: Yes. I have applied twice, December 2020 and again in May 2021.

In December 2020, I received the feedback: “We’d love to see you build on your reputation and work on displaying consistent maturity, and hope to see you apply next season!” I attempted to achieve that by getting more involved with the community. I started streaming on YouTube and Twitch. I updated all my shops in the malls to make it easier for players to get access to the items needed for the server for general play and build competitions. I tried bringing people together with my streams by having events and fun games to make people enjoy being on the server more. I also made my Mall 2.0 concept video - of which some ideas were implemented into the Season 3 server.

In May 2021, I applied again and was denied with the feedback: “Hiya Drew! Thanks for applying. Unfortunately your application has not been accepted this time.
It would be great if you could continue to work on consistent maturity - as I’m sure you can appreciate it’s incredibly important for staff members to be reliable, responsible and consistently have the right attitude. I’m still not certain that you are quite there yet. You have made excellent contributions to the server (we actually changed the placement of the mall spawn because of your design video!), and I know from experience that you are very dedicated to the community so it would be great to see you apply again in the future”

I have continued to be dedicated to the community as stated, and have worked on being more mature. I actually have worked on this by taking independent classes on many management and leadership topics through a company called Percipio - Personal Development. I actually completed 42 separate courses on leadership, dealing with conflict, scheduling, project management, aligning goals, and communication. I have taken the feedback from Ibby very seriously and have worked diligently in trying to take the next steps to help out the Survival server. I have dedicated numerous hours (these courses are multi-hour long courses) to growing in both maturity and leadership. I know I am now ready to take this next step to help out MunchyMC.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community? I believe I am liked in the community. I often help others in various ways. Whether it is to help promote them if they want to stream, help them locate items they need for a build, bring others to the server, or just play and help others out.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply? I have been playing on here for just shy of 2 years now. I always have a passion for helping people, whether it be something small in person like holding a door open or something on MunchyMC like helping people advance to emerald quests, I love to help out. The moderators and staff members always do their best to help us out, and I would love to do the same. As I have said before, my goal is to promote a Friendly, Fun, and Fair experience for ALL players.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community? I would rate it very high. Not only did I take all of the Percipio classes mentioned earlier, but I also have taken management classes in high school. I am currently the main administrator for the community Facebook page of my city, which has now surpassed 10,000 active members. I always want to keep a positive, polite, and professional atmosphere. If I had to put a number, I would put it as 9/10.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters? While this is one of my weaker areas, I am actively studying Minecraft hacks/cheats to identify people who are not playing the game the way it should be played. I will be honest that this will be my one “Achilles heel.” However, I am always on the look out for ways to identify hacks. I would rate this a 6/10.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC: NA

Once again, thank you for your consideration. I am happy that Season 3 is going well and I cannot wait until a Season 4 announcement. I have done a great deal to build on the feedback from the previous application and hope that this time, we can work together on moving forward with my time on MunchyMC. Thank you again.

10 Likes

BIG +1

Drew is one of the most active and one of the most mature players in survival server I won’t lie, every time join most of the time
I found him in survival and
he’s very friendly and approachable.
even tho we never talk every time i see you type in chat and when he streams he is always very mature.

BEST OF LUCK DREW

1 Like

Thank you! It’s been a long 9 months of building up my maturity and professionalism, and I am hoping that work pays off. I try to be available to everyone. Feel free to swing by my warp sometime :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 Active, helpful and reliable member of Surv. Best luck Drew!

1 Like

+1
I hope that Drew gets selected since he deserves it! He is so active, and has a good reputation among the community.
Good Luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much @Tarteris! Always love to help out <3

I appreciate it @Shauryaa ! I try my hardest to help out everyone!

+1!

I don’t play surv but I have to say that this application is really detailed and u seem very dedicated to survival’s community and a very good applicant :)

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I appreciate the kind feedback!

1 Like

+0
No comment

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Thank you for the comment.

1 Like

Drew Gooden what’s good?

I’ve honestly been waiting to see if you apply for helper or jmod. I remember you doing it last season as well, but I was fairly new, so I had no general opinion of you.

BUT NOOOW.

I do, let’s begin.

How active can you be per week? I tend to try to play daily.

Interesting reaction. I’m not one who lives life on Munchy (school and work for obvious reasons), but I tend to be online usually after 4pm. That being said, you used to be so much more active in the community during season 2 and beginning of season 3. I understand obviously life happens and absolutely no pressure to stay on for the rest of your life, but I wouldn’t say daily. Weekly for sure, but I rarely see you even play on weekends now. Can’t say you AFK either since I’m not on in the mornings, so no opinion on that part.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community? I believe I am liked in the community.

Honestly yeah. You really do help out people a lot and even on stream when people were bothering you. Sometimes you don’t pay attention to other people though and focus on whoever the mod(s) are more than others. Obviously not all the time, but I have noticed that. Also, with people who have known you since season 2, you’ve changed only a bit. I have seem some improvement, but not one to say you’ve drastically changed as a person. Sometimes you have a “sore loser” type of attitude when you don’t win events (which happens, don’t get me wrong), but expressing that in public chat isn’t great. It shows immaturity and hinders your reputation more than helps it.

Gonna have to +0 this.
You’re a good dude, you do help this community a ton, but I just don’t feel like you’re at the level of managing that you have to be. Recently you’ve taken a few months leave, so I don’t think you’ll be around to help them. I think maybe whenever apps open up again, you should definitely try!

2 Likes

you lied about ur age saying u were 31 when we all know ur a 78 year old boomer

jk Good luck drew I give you a +1!

1 Like

Hello @KingTyphoeus - I appreciate your feedback!

My schedule has changed over the past couple months (unfortunately) to where I tend to play more weekday afternoons. Also - my travel season is now (this is to why I haven’t been online on weekends as much - and trust me - I miss my chances at the dragon egg lol.)

For the reputation, I have helped a ton of non-mods. Just this past month, I’ve helped 3 separate people obtain unlocking emerald quests, helping multiple people locate supplies for builds, and also have helped some newer players around (showing warps, crates, etc.) Unfortunately we aren’t always on at the same time so we both don’t see everything the others do.

As per events - I feel like I haven’t had a “sore loser” attitude. While yes, it is fun to win, I love just having the opportunity to participate. I haven’t had the chance to really participate in events lately, probably only a few (maybe 2-3?) in the past month due to my traveling. But I believe I definitely didn’t have a bad attitude during those events. Always fun to watch a friend win one!

I’ve still be on MunchyMC even during travel and vacations. I just live in a very cold climate and like to travel to the south to get in the warmer weather in the winter time. For the “break” I took - that was unfortunately a battle with Covid-19. I still tried to get online here and there, but that was a daunting task as my computer was upstairs and I barely had the energy to walk.

But I very much appreciate the feedback! I will keep working and striving to become a helper/jmod on the server to help out with the community. Take care!

You caught me ;) boomer here! lol jk jk

Thank you so much @Scop211

+1 you’d be great! :slight_smile:

Hi DrewskiLuv

Thank you for applying! Unfortunately you haven’t been successful this time. I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm to help out and your long standing dedication to the server, however I would like to see you consistently handling yourself more gracefully in chat when there are disagreements or conflicts. Best of luck in any future applications!

4 Likes