DonutJack's Helper application

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?: Yes, I have been playing on Munchy since late 2020

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?: Yes I can, I use OBS

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?: I do, although I definitely prefer Discord over TeamSpeak

Application

IGN: DonutJack

Timezone: CEST/CET (depending on the time of year, CET begins in October again)

Can you use a microphone for an interview?: I definitely could, even though there probably won’t be one for Helper, I have a working microphone.

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod): I would like to apply for Helper

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE): Prison

How active can you be per week? I can definitely play a lot, I can be active for 14 hours a day if I have the chance, although this might change in certain circumstances.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story: So far, I have been muted once for around 30 minutes I believe? I was on the Event Server and accidentally swore, as swearing on Prison is allowed and since Prison is pretty much the only thing I play, it just kind of slipped out. I have been a lot more cautious since then. I think it is also important to note that I didn’t argue with anyone while swearing, so it wasn’t directed at anyone.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application: I have not applied for the Helper role on Munchy before

What do you think your reputation is like within the community? I would say that a lot of people have at least seen my name before, I always try to be helpful and respectful to everyone so I definitely hope that people see me in this way and not just as a bad pvper :')

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply? I am interested in the Helper role because I have noticed that previous Prison Helpers were barely ever online and I understand that Munchy’s Prison is different than a lot of the other Prison servers out there, which sometimes causes confusion among new players. I like helping new players feel more welcome in the community and making them a part of the community as well. I would also like to add that I am fluent in english, as well as in german, so I can help players that may not speak english that well (as long as they’re speaking german).

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community? I would give it a solid 7.5, as I have been a Mod on a german server before (that has since been shut down) and I had something similar to a Helper role on a Minecraft server of one of my friends.
Edit May 23rd: The server I was talking about was called “Alpenblock” and it was an Austrian/German/Swiss server that averaged about 20 to 70 people, depending on the time of day. I think the the most important thing I learned from moderating on there is that even your friends mess up sometimes and that, as a moderator/helper, it is more important to make sure the rules are followed, than how your friends on the server might see you. This is something I used to have a huge problem with but after being a mod on there I definitely learned to deal with that. Otherwise I had to do the usual tasks on there, like dealing with hackers (mostly x-ray because it was an economy server) and chat offenders, but luckily the server was pretty calm and did not have too many rule breakers overall.
I hope I clarified some things and gave more details.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters? I would give this a 7 because I definitely know my way around hacked clients as I have used them before (Anarchy Servers where it was allowed obviously) and some hacks are really obvious. I wouldn’t rate myself higher though because hacked clients are constantly evolving and adapting new strategies to make them less likely to be found, which takes a while for people to find out again.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC: I have not made any reports on this server so far, only in game, which were all taken care of after a short while.
UPDATE MAY 12th: I have made a hacker report, usually my recording software doesn’t act this weird but today it decided to do it. It is still pretty clear that he is using fly hacks:

To end this, I would like to apologize for probably using way too many commas, I never know where to put them :')

4 Likes

+1
Prison really needs staff and jack knows a lot about the gamemode! Would be a great helper :D

2 Likes

Not gonna give a -1 or +1 all I’m gonna say is you need to be more active, not as in playtime but as in helping new players and interacting with people a lot more in general.

1 Like

you cant apply for helper rank

1 Like

As of this season you are allowed to choose to apply for helper or JMod

3 Likes

oh okay

4 Likes

+1 very good lad

1 Like

I will keep that in mind :D thank you :) (also typing this on mobile right now so I hope it doesn’t turn into emojis)

2 Likes

One of the sweetest people in prison, goodluck :pleading_face:

1 Like

thank you sm <3 youre sweeter tho ngl :D

1 Like

+1 Jack is super kind and helpful on prison. He is mature and brings a positive attitude towards the prison community. Good Luck :heart:

1 Like

Thank you :D good luck to you too if you are applying for JMod perhaps…? (if you’re not applying, you def should ^^)

1 Like

HUGE +2
Donut is one of the nicest people I have ever met, helped me start out on prison and is very fun to play with in woolwars. You’re answers aren’t as detailed as some other applications but they’re detailed enough. Seems to have some experience of modding a community although I would like to know more about it.

1 Like

Thank you for your critique, I’ll add some detail to the question! :)

+1 DonutJack is so active and is very nice in this community so I think he would be a great asset to munchymc!

1 Like

Thank you :)

Nice application

1 Like

Thank you :)

How do i apply

You can apply when staff applications are open. They are currently closed so right now you can’t apply. Just wait for some months and they will be open again! :)