DizzyTJ's Builder Application

IGN and past IGN’s: DizzyTJ

Timezone: CET+

Discord username: DizzyTJ#3479

How long have you played MunchyMC?: I’ve played MunchyMC for a good year now, the start being December 3rd, 2018. I remember I found the server from one of Skeppy’s videos and ever since then I was a member but I especially loved the game mode WoolWars :)

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects: https://dizzytj.crevado.com/

Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build: https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/eua2gu/so_i_recreated_one_of_the_tourist_attractions/
This is one of my favourite and proudest builds, simply because of the following reasons;

~This is one of my most recent builds which I’ve created and it shows my updated skillset, in other words, it shows that I am experienced in WorldPainter, know how to do structures, vegetation, terrain and overall recreation of something from real life.
~This is an actual existent area in Slovenia, named Bled. This area is a big tourist attraction to which I’ve been many times and is actually really close to where I live.
~It shows that I have a creative mind with which I intend on making several different recreations in the near future. I am very excited about this because it also shows my newest style of screen-shotting builds, making an actual render of them rather than taking screenshots in-game. This is definitely a big improvement of which I was not aware of previously, but it is something that I will stick with in the future.

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other building plugins?: The prefered plugin for myself is WorldEdit. I’ve been using WE way more than Voxel and thus having more knowledge on properly operating it and making sure the build turns out how it should. But yes, I would say that I am very experienced with WorldEdit since it’s practically a basic in all of my build sessions. I’ve been operating it for the past few years, starting at about 2015 along with the start of my building career. At the time I wasn’t really experienced which lead to me watching tutorials on how to execute simpler commands which after the next few years helped me to get where I am currently. At the moment I would say that I know 99% of the commands and how to run them properly to get the intended result. So in a nutshell, I am well-known with the plugin and use it for every build that I make.

Describe your build speciality and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.):
My build specialities are most certainly terraforming, terrain, organics and structures.

Terraforming - Easily done, performed in practically any type of advanced building, this also includes gradients in builds → for stuff like mountains, floors, trees, structures, etc. I would say that this is definitely on the list of my build specialities.

Terrain - This is very important whilst building natural areas, areas for structures and similar. If your terrain doesn’t look good, it won’t be perfect. This is something I cherish and personally know how to do pretty well, terrain is pretty easily done with either WorldPainter or just a large smoothening brush.

Organics - I love doing organics. It’s very satisfying making trees, making the branches on it just perfect and then after looking at the result. Leaves are simpler to add onto the tree and in minutes, you have something that can fill up your entire map and make it look fantastic. This is also fun to mess around with and experiment with.

Structures - It’s especially good making themed structures. For example, Chinese towers are pretty fun to do, or maybe Aztec temples, etc. These improve your build’s outcome by a lot.

Weaknesses? I don’t really have such weaknesses currently, because all the things that I’ve had issues with previously, got resolved and or is not such a big issue. For example, one of the issues that I used to encounter was brush sizes. That has since been fixed, because of a good friend showing me how to increase it in FTP, so that Issue is fixed :slight_smile:

But I guess the current biggest issue is PC quality. If I want to render pretty big projects into a parallel view of the build or just a general screenshot, it might take a little bit but I don’t see this as such a big issue, especially knowing that I’m upgrading my PC soon :D

What is your history of building? Which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past?
I’ve worked for many build teams in the past, one of which I actually owned. As of right now, I am a part of Tapple’s build team (Server owned by TapL) and it’s going really well. I’m also a part of the Longshot build team, a server that has been up previously and after long maintenance, it will come back good as new. Previously though, I’ve worked for smaller servers and have personally owned a team which I’ve gathered for filling out build tasks from random servers which we got paid for. There was 7 builders total including myself that were just hanging out in calls, doing work was just the most amazing thing to do. This team has since disbanded and we’ve all went out separate ways. Currently, I’m aiming to become a builder on Munchy which would be a big step in my career and I’m not giving up. Hopefully, you do consider me and I’d like to thank whoever took their time to read the whole application, it was definitely fun writing it.

~DizzyTJ

+1 amazing builds, good luck!

1 Like

+.75

Builds are nice but you constantly repeat your trees. Most builds of yours have splendid terraforming, however you make the same trees and have small changes.

Good luck!

1 Like

+1
Your builds are stunning, Good luck! :smiley:

-Atterax

1 Like

Thanks! :smile:

+1

Really nice builds
Really nice guy

Good Luck!

1 Like

btw organics are animals, not trees XD

1 Like

“1. (Biology) of, relating to, derived from, or characteristic of living plants and animals”

Matter of fact, they are both

The more you know :dizzy:

1 Like

building wise, organics are referred to animals

1 Like

Love your builds. You seem like a very nice and professional person. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Thanks!

I appreciate the feedback :)

Fair enough :stuck_out_tongue:

Outstanding builds. Big boi +1

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

+1 It looks pretty good! Just one question, how did you get your builds into a skybox like that?

So, this is the style that I was talking about in the application.

Its done with a program called “Chunky” which is basically a program that creates a render of your build.
You import your world that you’d like to render an image of, select the chunks and then you render it (for the outer view you do the parallel camera option, for inner renders you do the standard camera option.)

You can learn this tactic through a tutorial like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za7tQL042Z0

As confirmed by Bad, you’ve been accepted to go on trial. Just posting this for official confirmation :)

7 Likes

Ok, thanks! I’ll be sure to check it out.

1 Like