Custom Enchantment Ideas

Heya Munchies.

Now that we could finally share our new system update with you, I am excited to hear what you guys can come up with. We will (try to) feature custom enchantments in all future seasonal crates, so we need a large variety of different and fun little abilities. The restrictions are as follows:

• Custom enchantment abilities should be weaker than seasonal gadgets.
  • Custom enchantments should be simple and similar in style to vanilla enchantments, i.e. something that you could imagine Mojang adding to Minecraft. In particular, only one ability per enchantment.
  • Ideally, the abilities should be fun to use or make a certain task easier
  • Bonus points if the enchantment can be applied to many different (or even all) items such as Unbreaking or Efficiency

All ideas posted below will be considered and/or used as inspiration for future crate releases. If you like an idea, make sure to like the comment so we know which ideas are popular! Of course, if your idea makes it into the game, you can expect to be given a copy of your enchantment (unless someone else has suggested it before you, either on this post or internally)!

Please feel free to bump this post in the future as long as you present a new and original idea. Happy brainstorming!

15 Likes

blast resistance 6, knocks you back in the air when something explodes (Armor)
shaver, strips all tree logs you mine (axe)

3 Likes

Magic Lens
Highlights all ores for you when looking at them trough a spyglass (enchant goes on the spyglass) , making it easier to spot them in dark and large caves

4 Likes

Oui. Here we go:

Lifesteal - Gives you half a heart back whenever you punch an enemy.

Blind - Blinds the Enemy.

Deathbringer - Doubles your Damage.

Gooey - Hitting your enemy rapidly causes the enemy to be flinged into the air.

Poison - Poisons your enemy.

Block - Blocking with a Sword increases your Resistance.

Ice Aspect - Slows your enemy on hit. Has a Chance to freeze an enemy Player.

Shockwave - Upon hitting an enemy, you hurl up the ground in front of you.

Autorepair - Automatically repairs your Armor/Weapon after you started it via shift + rightclicking.

Crippling Strike - Cripples your enemy on hit.

Thundering Blow - Upon hitting an enemy, you have a chance to strike Lightning onto it.

Vampire - Heals you by half of your damage.

Deep Wounds - Upon hitting an enemy, you have a chance of causing it to bleed.

Charge - Attacking while sprinting increases your damage.

Aerial - Attacking while airborne increases your damage.

Tools

Explosive- When destroying a block that your tool was meant for you cause an explosion that breaks similar blocks arround that.

Smelting - When destroying a block, get the smolten products of this block.

Energizing - Allows you to dig faster for a tiny moment after breaking something.

Quickening - Breaking a block will give you a temporary speed boost.

Armour
Molten - Sets the enemy that hit you on fire.
Enlighted - Heals you when hit.

Hardened - Applies Weakness to the enemy that hit you.

Poisoned - Poisons the enemy that hit you.

Frozen - Slows the enemy that hit you.

Obsidianshield - Gives you Fireresistance.

Shielded - Gives you a regenerating shield.

Revulsion - Applies Nausea to the enemy that hit you.

Self Destruct - Spawn live TNT on death.

15 Likes

Ok so I found that PvP is a little lacking so I’m thinking what if we added some PvP enchants? So introducing the all new all amazing “drunken rage” this enchant will work as followed: it shall be put on sword or armor (haven’t decided) and then when the user is in combat the user gains hits which has a chance to gain a boost in strength for 10 seconds but also gains nausea for 4 seconds (amounts adjustable) so this is balanced because people can have faster PvP fights since if tick speed sucking but also a disadvantage in that time!

I also got another one! I call it springs, this will work in 3 levels each increasing in jump distance so you may wonder what this is and you may think it’ll just give jump boost but I find jump boost annoying sometimes and you don’t want the players to take off their shiny shoes! So I devised this idea which if the player crouches with the spring enchantment on the boosts it will have a charge up kind of like dwarf kit on Kitpvp but when you jump it will rocket you into the air! This is an incredible idea because people with elytra’s can fly like this and think of the travel possibilities! However I understand someone might accidentally crouch and jump so that’s why it will need charge up because otherwise crouch jumping sucks and however the charge could be lost maybe if the player doesn’t jump but stops crouching!

Now I understand Minecraft’s a horrible coding platform so I understand if some of these are hard but thanks for reading

Also guys please like this so it stands out, I think it’ll be fun

2 Likes

Ok don’t get me wrong love the ideas but then this is a faction server and some of these enchants will ruin PvP especially with Mcmmo in place

2 Likes

I think to many people are focused on pvp enchantments.

4 Likes

PvP is a thing that’s fun but enchants ruin it because Minecraft actually has a good system for 1.9 and I understand people keeping it fresh but too many PvP enchants just means like 2 shots

2 Likes

boots
botanist - makes things grow faster around you

5 Likes

+10000

3 Likes

Anti Gravity (Boots) - Allows to double jump making us boost (like how it’s in the woolwars lobby if i’m not wrong)

Bounce (Shield) - Allows arrows to be bounced back when they hit the shield. The name could change since I’m not able to think of one for this.

Viper (Sword) - Gives more exp when killing mobs.

Speed Shooter (Bows) - This Enchantment would reduce the time taken to shoot an arrow with a bow.

9 Likes

If these were added, id be the biggest simp for munchy crates

1 Like

Agreed. Tools are way more exciting!

5 Likes

Pickaxe:
Efficiency 6. this has never been seen before on the munchymc survival server

6 Likes

Multishot but for bows…: Allows you to shoot out multiple arrows from a bow! The enchantment levels up to 5, shooting up to 6 arrows.

Life leech: Allows you to heal from hitting ennemies. Goes on tools. It doesn’t have any enchantment level.

Rebirth: Gives you some chances to dodge death, kinda like a totem of undying. Goes on armour. It doesn’t have any enchantment level.

Soul vial: Killing mobs gets you absorption 1 for a short period of time. Killing any mon before the absorption effect runs out stacks up the absorption effect. Goes on hoes. It doesn’t have any enchantment level.

5 Likes

Hear me out on springs tho

1 Like

Wouldn’t that ruin some PvP events? Or just like natural ones where they let you keep armor on I mean it’s creative and I like it I just don’t think it’ll suit survival but I do love multishot for bows because that means more spam and capabilities I can use with this

1 Like

People already use totems to cheat death, and unlike those it isn’t a 100% rebirth chance. :thinking: But yeah, that could affect some events, fair enough!

2 Likes

I mean outside events and PvP matches it’s rlly good and I love the idea incase you accidentally die. But yeah totems are also good for the outside

2 Likes

i think in a way that can be resolved
as far as im aware, most event hosts would put in rules/announce “Please turn off all particles, disguises, pets, accessories and /fly! Please remove your armor” etc etc

3 Likes