(CARCASSES) laptev's Builder Application

IGN:

My current IGN is Carcasses, however I go by laptev 99% of the time.

Timezone:

I live in California, PST

Discord Name:

laptev#0001

How long have you played MunchyMC?:

I have been playing Munchy off and on for about a year now. I mainly play kitpvp, but I used to be interested in WoolWars as well. Munchy has a great community that is so tight knit which is why I came back from my few month long break, because its always so interesting meeting new people and making new friends.

How active can you be per week?:

I can offer around 15 or more hours weekly. My school schedule is not too packed, giving me lots of time to dedicate towards building & the build team. I will be able to contribute ample amount of hours, and will love doing so! I think that building all sorts of things for Munchy would be so fun, and a great task. I often get bored online, and by working on projects for Munchy will fill up that space. I really hope to be nominated.

Do you have any punishments on our Network? If so, what for?:

(Edit) I have been muted twice

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects:

laptev.crevado.com; I tried to keep my portfolio minimal and tidy. If you would like to see me make other sorts of builds, please feel free to ask. The 3 main projects I showcase are my 100x100 builds, which include a Mesa Village, a Scenery, and a modern Mexican mansion. I also have an oceanic type painted mountain with a very diverse block pallet, which I think turned out pretty well. Although my portfolio may not be much compared to other builders on the team, I can assure you that I will be able to adapt; or just fill my schedule with building the smaller and less important builds, in comparison to the big icons of the server. I can build relatively fast, which is what makes me a nice fit for the role, because I can help keep the event, etc maps new and fresh, and in a timely manor. I love working with teams, because we all work differently and can do different things. I can do the smaller things fast and easy, but still end up with a good looking product.

Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build:

My favorite and proudest build is my Birch Tree Scenery build, which consists of medium painted mountains, a river, and all sorts of agriculture. I love it because of the variety in plants, trees, block pallet and it is a nice size. It overall came together very well in a short period of time, and I hope you like it too. I really try to make the most wild and creative agriculture I can, because I think it adds personality and depth to the builds. The less bland a build is, and the more color it has, makes it just so much better because its not basic. You can do so many cool things with nature, which is why I like doing it so much.

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other building plugins?:

I am very experienced with World Edit, Voxel Sniper, Brush, and Paint. I have been using WorldEdit for many many years now, and now the ins and outs. There are some more advanced commands that I don’t know of, only because I have never had to use them. As for VoxelSniper, I picked up on it in about 2017, and use it for most of my terraforming. I discovered goBrush & goPaint a little after Voxel, and they can be life savers. I use goPaint all the time, however, most of my terrain is done with Voxel to add depth and complexity to my builds, as it gives you more control than goBrush does.

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.):

My weakness can be structures; I sometimes have a hard time thinking of concepts for different styles. I am working very hard to become an expert at them, so that they will be of ease to create. My specialty is definitely terraforming, and along with that, painting nature, plants & trees. I really enjoy thinking of different types of trees and bushes to make, as there are an infinite amount of possibilities. I like looking at other builders’ portfolios, because I think that someone’s trees can match their personality in some ways. MC Building is no doubt an art, and you can express your creativity within it.

What is your history of building? If applicable, which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past?

I am a current Build Team Manager & Head Builder @ bedwarspractice.club, which averages about 2000 players at peak hours. I push out map updates, recruit new builders, and more. Along with that, I also sort applications, train new builders, and develop the build server. I have been working with BWP for a few months now. I really enjoy my job and building for the server, and I hope that I can expand my horizons to Munchy as well. I think that becoming a Munchy builder can be very beneficial for me, and also be loads of fun!

I have also volunteered for other smaller networks, such as RebirthCraft, and PhanaticMC.

On a scale of 1-10, how well do you work with others? Please expand upon in your answer:

I think I am about a 10/10 when it comes to collaboration. Along with Head Builder, I am a Moderator at BedwarsPractice, and am on many sub teams such as the Mentoring Team, Media Team, and Recruitment Team. Through mentoring new staff members, I have built up a liking for working with others; more so than I already had from being with previous build teams. I think both communication and listening to community feedback are some of the most important things when it comes to building, so you can produce the best possible outcome of a project, etc. Building is a time of communication and working together, and within that, you can make a lot of good friends doing it. It is always so fun to see how you and your college’s skills match up with each other, and to see how well you can work together. I try to strive to be able to work with anyone, and to be able to adapt to their method, techniques, and overall building style; this makes me a good fit for most teams.

I want to join Munchy’s build team to gain more experience, and better me off as a builder in the future, as I always eager to learn more about building and different techniques. I may not be a perfect fit on the team, but I think that I would make a great addition. I am very hard working, motivated, and a strong individual, within that, I will always create the best work that I can, whenever I have the opportunity. I am very active, love participating within the community, and I have lots of other experience, which makes me cut out for the role. I admire the build team as of it is, and I would be so greatful to be apart of it. The builders here are no doubt outstanding, and while my portfolio may not be able to compare to theirs, give me a week and I will already have doubled my skillset with working with them. I am able to adapt and pick up things left and right, which is a strong trait of mine.

Have you applied for Builder before? If so, what was your reason for denial? How have you looked at improving since?

Yes, I applied a little over a year ago. I retracted my application & had a moderator lock the thread, as I did not feel like I was up to par with the standards of the other builders here. Now a year later, I have come a long way both mentally, and building wise. I have more experience under my belt than ever, and believe I have a good shot as a Munchy builder!

Thank you for reading :)

6 Likes

For what its worth here is some ownership proof; Imgur: The magic of the Internet

The Hypixel Duels map was made on my discontinued build server in July of 2019, and the project with the Tree is on BWP Build Server which is down at the moment.

Well first of all, that’s pretty cool, I play on that server a lot because I like it’s game modes. Although most maps are small there’s still detail to them.

I definitely think you could improve a lot though, I like your style of building and I think maybe if you’d show more larger scale builds it’d definitely increase your chances. I like your builds though :)

Overall my ratings gonna be a +1, good luck!

• DrakeOfStars
1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I will start something like that soon

1 Like

Very nice application and builds. Easy +1 from me.

Application accepted! :confetti_ball:

Please contact Mikeal on discord to set up a trial (mike.#2707)

7 Likes

Congratulations @CARCASSES !! :tada:

lots of new builders :eyes:

2 Likes

Congratulations and good luck on the trial!

1 Like

ayy! Congratulations and good luck on your trial :)

1 Like

EYYYYYYYYYYYY GRATSSS :partying_face:

1 Like

Congrats! Very well deserved and good application!

Congrats and good luck!

1 Like

Congrats! :partying_face:

MY BOY LAPTEV GOOD JOB

body unclear

Thank you all <3

2 Likes

Congrats!!!

congratssss, good job!!

ayoooo congrats :D!!

Congrats and good luck! :heart::heart:

Thank you guys!