BWDIM Episode 22: McDonalds

Welcome back to another episode of But What Does It Mean? Ever wonder: what the heck does that name mean? Well, you’re in the right place! Here, we look at the IGNs of the amazing members of the MunchyMC Community!

Introduction

Today, we will be analyzing the name of a gentleman that is - and was - many things. A newsletter writer, monke clan member, coding person, and, above all, a guardian in a suit. That’s right, today I will be analyzing the name of the man who sometimes goes by Bqre but in my heart will always be @McDonalds!

Dissection

McDonalds. Name divided.

First part: Mc (also stylized MC). Back in the days when hip-hop and rap were good, MC was the title that most rappers gave themselves. Sort of like when rappers today call themselves Lil’ ___.

Second part: Don. As Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines it, “a powerful Mafia leader”. Wow, that was unexpected. And me who thought that McDonalds actually worked at McDonalds.

Third part: al (also stylized AL). In the MLB, which is the US’s baseball league, it’s a league that has half of the teams, most of them in the east of the US (and one in Canada, let’s go).

Second part: ds (also stylized DS). The Nintendo DS gaming system. No further explanation needed.

Analysis

So, when we put it together, we get… MC Don American League Nintendo DS. Let’s now divide the combined name into two parts: MC Don and American League Nintendo DS.

Let’s start at the start. MC and Don. These are titles that are given to people, one of them being a mob boss and the other being a rapper. So, we can conclude that McDonalds is not only a mob boss, but also a rapper from the 90’s. Simple enough.

Now, once we get to the second part, it becomes a little more complex. American League and Nintendo DS. As I previously mentioned, the American League is part of the MLB. And guess how the MLB and a DS relate? That’s right, I’m talking about MLB The Show. MLB The Show is a video game developed by none other than MLB, where you get to play baseball, and do other stuff. Now, I’m sure that you can play The Show on a DS. So, with that cleared up, let’s finish this.

So, McDonalds, both a rapper and a mob boss, wants you to play The Show on a DS. But that’s not all. He wants you, when you get to pick your team, to pick a team from the AL. If you don’t, not only will he write a diss track about you with his epic bars, he will also send his crime family henchmen to murder you. So, do the smart thing and pick the right team.

I finished it. If you happen to be the guest star, please comment below with the inspiration for your name. Also, message me (on Discord or on the forums) with your suggestions of IGNs for me to examine. Until then, this is your host, Spectro, signing off. Goodnight!

15 Likes

they are onto me I must leave the country

16 Likes

I will never look at your name the same.

2 Likes

I swear to god, every BWDIM has somebody with the letters “A” and “L” (or “I”) right next together. What? There’s only 5, including this BWDIM? Impossible.

2 Likes

To think this whole time I had already thought you did a McDonalds BWDIM

2 Likes

Run donal run

3 Likes

couldnt you just write hes obssesed with fat foods? i mean its in his name

3 Likes

nikocado avocado

2 Likes

i want one

2 Likes

@Nievaa wants one too

2 Likes

i wonder what my name means

2 Likes

the man the myth the legend

2 Likes

he’s actually part of don quixote pirates, he’s the secret leader I’ve heard

1 Like

Don stands for Donald, some notable examples are Donald Duck and Donald Trump

1 Like

definetly do me… (serenemoonlight) I’d be curious how dead on you could be >:)

1 Like

local

1 Like