BWDIM Episode 17: Candle__

Welcome back to another episode of* But What Does It Mean? Ever wonder: what the heck does that name mean? Well, you’re in the right place! Here, we look at the IGNs of the amazing members of the MunchyMC Community!

Introduction

You’ve seen her on Survival. You’ve seen her leave the Discord. I’m not even sure if she’s still on the forums or not, but this is her honorary BWDIM episode before (or after?) she leaves. Have a good life, by the way, but we wouldn’t want to talk about real life here, we want to talk about IGNs. That’s right, I’m talking about the cutie that is called @Candlea!

Dissection

We will divide the name into three parts: Candle__ (that’s right, the underscores are there too).

First part: Cand (also stylized cand). OK, so this might seem a tad sus, but if you pronounce this, you can clearly hear the word “canned” resonate through the room, through the country (unless you don’t live in a country L), and through your soul. So, assuming that we can assume that our assumption is correct, “cand” is not short for “candy”. It means “canned”. Canned is the past-tense of “to can”, which Collins Dictionary defines as “to put in airtight cans or jars for preservation”.

Second part: le. So, you know how Candle knows how to speak French? Don’t ask how. Don’t ask why. OK, fine, you can ask why. The point is, in French, “le” means “the”. You know. The word. I’m just not gonna explain this to you because you should already know the meaning of it.

Third part: __. Ok, this one seems sus too, but there are two underscores there, if you couldn’t tell. So, we can simplify it to just mean “two”. Now, of course, we will complicate it again, and translate it to French, so that it becomes “deux”. Boom. Chicka. Pop.

Analysis

When we put it together, we get: canned le deux. Now, before we proceed, I have to admit that I wasn’t completely honest with you. Yes, cancel my non-existent Twitter account if you must. You see, the first part of the dissection was already taking up enough space, and so I said to myself: “Spectro, why not just continue that in the analysis? I mean, this part needs some meat to it too”. The point is, canned can also mean “to stop” or “to put an end to”. Put that in past-tense, and you get “stopped”. So, the true dissection would be stopped le deux.

Alright, so it seems kinda weird if we were to just start a sentence with a verb. The same thing applies with an IGN. Obviously, you can’t just say “stopped le deux”. That’s just not right. So, we can assume that Candle wants us to know that she stopped le deux, whatever that is. Also, a quick French grammar thing, deux means two, which is a plural noun, so that means that in French the article changes to become plural. So, the true true meaning is Candle stopped les deux. Alright. Now let’s get going.

So, first we must know what “les deux” is. Is it a person? An object? A corporation? Or is it simply two words strung together with no deeper meaning? Well, let’s be honest. No name is only a bunch of letters strung together with no deeper meaning. Everything has a reason. So, our third assumption is correct. Les Deux is a company that designs men’s clothing, based somewhere in Europe. So, obviously Candle stopped this company. But how, exactly, do you stop a company?

Well, you can’t force a company to file for bankruptcy. But you can boycott it, and even organize protests against it. So, that’s obviously what Candle is doing. She hates Les Deux for some unknown reason (hey, even my amazing powers of perception have limits), and so she wants us to protest. She wants us to boycott. She wants us to join her. And that, my friends, is what her name really means.

Episode 17 left, just like Candle is leaving :pleading_face:. If you happen to be the guest star, please comment below with the inspiration for your name. Also, message me (on Discord or on the forums) with your suggestions of IGNs for me to examine. Until then, this is your host, Spectro, signing off. Goodnight!

7 Likes

Reading things like these always entertains me

(o7 to Candle_)

3 Likes

Alternate theory:

‘Cand’ actually means that Candle’s name is Candice. Yes, like from Phineas and Ferb. ‘le’ is the same as the main theory.

‘__’ might actually be a reference to the hit gamemode amongus, and as stated in the main theory it is pretty ‘sus’, a term derived from amongus. And after all, who doesn’t get a kick out of a sussy impostor joke?

The meaning behind all this may mean that Candle is just a meme enthusiast, who enjoys mainstream memes such as amongus, and is in a prestigious family known for meming with the surname of ‘le sus’ or in other lands, ‘le __’. That would also explain why Candle’s name is Candice, as that would make her named after a show that has lots of memes created from it.

I have no clue why I wasted so much time writing this, maybe because I didn’t get much sleep! This is your (not so) host, Spectro Tom, signing off. Goodnight! <— insert fancy colours that I’m too lazy to use

3 Likes