BWDIM Episode 16: Skapetti

Welcome back to another episode of But What Does It Mean? Ever wonder: what the heck does that name mean? Well, you’re in the right place! Here, we look at the IGNs of the amazing members of the MunchyMC Community!

Introduction

You’ve seen them on Survival. Maybe. They own a shop. They have a weird axolotl skin thing. That is correct, I am talking about the spaghetti sniper, @Skapetti! What does their name really mean? Does it have anything to do with a certain style of music? This is what we will find out.

Dissection

Guess what we are doing now? That’s right munchies, we are dividing the name. Skapetti. There we go.

First part: Ska (also stylized ska). It’s this kinda cool and kinda weird style of music, which, according to the Wiki of Pedias, is a precursor to reggae. Basically, it’s a cross between American jazz, R&B, mento and calypso. A famous group that you might recognize that plays more modern ska is Catch 22.

Second part: pet. Pet has several definitions, some of them nouns, some of them verbs. This time, though, we’re talking about the verb. To pet. The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines the verb “pet” as “to treat with unusual kindness and consideration”. Basically, being super super kind to someone, to the point of spoiling someone (or something).

Third part: ti (also stylized si). This word has two different spellings, but it always means the seventh letter of the C major scale (in music). In French, it’s called “ti”. In English, it’s “ti” or “si,” but they both mean the same thing. Also called the subdominant.

Analysis

So, when we put it together, we get… Skapetti. Not very different than the original interpretation, but now we know what it means. So, what does it mean?

Well, from the first part, ska, we know that Skapetti likes ska. Any song in that genre, and they’re into it. I mean, they don’t have bad taste. It’s some pretty cool music.

Then, we know that they like… something. Very much. To the point of spoiling it. But what is it that they like? Well, they obviously like the note “ti”. They enjoy hearing it. They enjoy listening to the dissonance that is the subdominant. I mean, ti is an annoying note. So they’re kinda putting themselves out from the crowd.

Well, after this extremely short episode, we can tell that Skapetti likes to listen to ska music that contains the seventh scale degree. So, if you’re looking for some music that they like to listen to, go with ska. But not just any ska. The ska must contain the seventh scale degree, or else it’s trash. A little odd, I’ll admit, but hey, to each their own. Even if it’s weird.

After such a long short episode, you should be grateful to see the end. If you happen to be the guest star, please comment below with the inspiration for your name. Also, message me (on Discord or on the forums) with your suggestions of IGNs for me to examine. Until then, this is your host, Spectro, signing off. Goodnight!

8 Likes

First

(okay but how am I this early)

2 Likes

sussussusususuusususuususususuususus.

2 Likes

I’ve always been thinking about :spaghetti:

3 Likes

I can confirm

The seventh note in the scale is the worst note ever

2 Likes