BWDIM Episode 14: beanep

Welcome back to another episode of But What Does It Mean? Ever wonder: what the heck does that name mean? Well, you’re in the right place! Here, we look at the IGNs of the amazing members of the MunchyMC Community!

Introduction

You’ve seen her on WoolWars. You’ve seen her in the artwork channel. She’s a JMod for WoolWars. And she’s also a Nitro booster. That’s right, this week we will be analyzing @beanep’s name!

Dissection

I’m pretty sure I don’t need to tell you folks what I’m doing here, but I will anyway. I’m dividing the name into a few parts. This time, we have four: beanep. Now, let’s get on to business.

First part: b. You know, the second letter of the alphabet. Now, I want you to do something. Pronounce it. Say the letter “b”. Yell it if you have to, I don’t care. The point is, it sounds like the word “be”. And that is exactly the idea.

Second part: ea (also stylized EA). That’s right, the company behind EA Sports (it’s in the game), Star Wars Battlefront, and a bunch of other stuff. They have a reputation of being money grabs. They sorta overprice anything and everything in their games. Just keep that in mind.

Third part: n (also stylized ‘n’). You know, the middle part of “Fish ‘n’ chips”. Basically, when humanity got too lazy to pronounce three letters, we decided to shorten it to one letter. So, now “n” is a synonym for “and”.

Fourth part: ep (also stylized EP). Well, in music, EP stands for “Extended Play”. It’s sorta like halfway between a single and a full album (which, by the way, can also be referred to as “LP” or “Long Play”). Most artists will start with an EP of 5-6ish songs before creating a full album. Basically, it’s when someone extends the amount of songs in a single.

Analysis

When we put it all together, we get BeEAandEP. Which, I know, doesn’t seem like a lot. Now, we can obviously assume that we can add “an” before EP. It’s just an indefinite article, right? No one really cares about indefinite articles, anyway. So, when we add that, we get: Be EA and an EP. Now that, ladies and gentlemen, we can work with.

So, by starting out with “Be”, which is an imperative verb, bea is obviously trying to tell us to do something. But what, exactly, is she trying to tell us to do? Well, she’s trying to tell us to “be EA and an EP”. Now, I don’t think she means that we should literally be EA. I’m assuming she doesn’t want us to try to ascend the corporate ladder and become the mightiest of the mighty. Rather, I believe the bea is telling us to be what EA is most well-known for: a money grab. Now, before you go telling me “why would bea want us to exploit people?”, I should probably mention that being a money grab is not necessarily a bad thing. It could also mean not being undersold by anyone. Not taking “Mmm, maybe less?” for an answer. Standing up to that dude on eBay that wants to bargain down the price of your original Minecon 2011 cape. You will not sell something for less than what it is worth.

If we were to take this even further, we could say that what bea really means by “be EA” is simply to stand up for yourself. Don’t let yourself get bullied, or taken advantage of, or get tomatoes thrown at your face. You’ve gotta get up, stand up / stand up for your rights. Don’t take no for an answer.

So, now that we’ve got the first part of the name down, what does the second part mean? I’m talking about the “and an EP” part. Well, using our basic deduction skills, we can know that she means that we should be an EP. I’m pretty sure that none of us can just magically transform ourselves into electronic data, so what the heck does this mean?

Well, as I’ve mentioned before, an EP is an extended version of a single, but it hasn’t quite reached the length of a full album. So, what if we were the album? What if bea actually wanted us to e x t e n d ourselves, and not like some weird stretchy superhero. No, bea wants us to expand our horizons. Try new things. But, we shouldn’t reach our full potential. No, if the bean wanted us to reach our full potential, here name would be beanlp. Instead, her name is beanep. So, she wants us to try new things and expand our horizons, but not quite to our maximal capabilities. Kinda like a half-hearted way of saying: try harder.

So, at the end of it all, we now know that bea wants us to stand up for ourselves, and sort of reach our full potential. But don’t reach all of your potential. The rest of the time that you could use trying to reach your full potential would be better spent playing Munchy.

And that, my friends, is what bea is trying to tell us with her name.

Episode 14 went off with a bang. If you happen to be the guest star, please comment below with the inspiration for your name. Also, message me (on Discord or on the forums) with your suggestions of IGNs for me to examine. Until then, this is your host, Spectro, signing off. Goodnight!

15 Likes

I thought she was a Butterfly net tbh

3 Likes

wait what

1 Like

beampnep

3 Likes

yeah

2 Likes

beampnep

2 Likes

Should be with a capital letter smh

2 Likes

I think you nailed it

2 Likes

this always makes me think im having a fever dream

3 Likes

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

3 Likes

LMFAOOOO this is all I ever wanted and more

my name is bea and that’s about it

6 Likes

LP is generally a few songs short of a full album too, but longer than an EP. Historically it’s the same word as album but its generally used for shorter stuff

4 Likes

this post is just total waffle lmfao

3 Likes

ur so right king <3

2 Likes

that’s the point yeah

3 Likes