Builder application

IGN: harry_pogger69

Timezone: British Summer Time

Discord Name: HarryPogger#2304

How long have you played MunchyMC?: I Don’t Actually Recall how long I’ve played on munchy but I think maybe a Month.

How active can you be per week?: On average I can spend about 1-4 hours a day on building, at the weekend maybe 5-7 if I’m not doing anything that day. I have school Monday-Friday but because my school is the best, I get to leave early on Friday (2:00) so on Fridays I will definitely be able to do extra work unless I have plans.

Do you have any punishments on our Network? If so, what for?: No

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects:
DDay in Minecraft - Imgur this link shows you many different images of a build I finished not too long ago. It depicts battles of world war 2, specifically D-day and the Battle of Britain. I’ve tried to show you as many images as I can to show you how much effort I have put in to this build. overall I think it took me about 2-3 weeks to make and I am very proud of it.
kingdom - Imgur
this second build is my most recent and I am still working on it. the build portrays a medieval themed kingdom on an island. I built the island on world painter. as I said, I am still working on the build so that is why there aren’t as many images to show you. I’m quite happy with the land scaping and buildings, I think the build will turn into something great.
If you require evidence that these are in fact my builds, I have a twitch where I have streamed me building both of these maps almost fully for the past month.
TheAmphibiousAircraft - Twitch

Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build: The D-day build is definitely my favourite as I have put so much effort into it and there is so much detail. I am very fond of ww2 and love to learn all the interesting stories and facts about the soldiers, tanks and planes, that is what inspired me to build it and why I think it looks so good.

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other building plugins?: I am exceptionally good at world edit and I can use most of the commands to a good ability. voxel sniper on the other hand, I have not had a lot of experience with, but I am fast learner.

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.): I am very good at building structures because I have an eye for detail. I am good at terraforming and I make things look very natural, I am also great at detailing as you can see in my kingdom build.
I think my weakness is that I am a perfectionist, I am never satisfied with my work, even if others praise it, I am always looking for where I could have improved, in some ways I think this could be an asset, to make me better myself. I have a very creative mind and I love to use it. I am always dedicated to the task and don’t quit until I have completed it to a high standard. I am very quick thinking and can implement new ideas as I go.
I believe I would be an asset to the build team and I really hope you will consider me.

What is your history of building? If applicable, which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past? I haven’t been in a build team before and I mainly build by myself.

On a scale of 1-10, how well do you work with others? Please expand upon in your answer: Probably a 9 out of 10 as I am quite a sociable and laid back person. I have the ability to work as part of a team, listening and also sharing my own ideas, but equally, I can work well on my own and can be focused and dedicated to the job in hand.

Have you applied for Builder before? If so, what was your reason for denial? How have you looked at improving since? no I have never applied for builder before.

3 Likes

First off, getting started, your portfolio is lacking.
As well your application is lacking in detail and all I can say is that I have to take your word on everything you say.
You are correct with you statement that you’ve played Munchy for roughly a month, as you joined back in the 18th of April this year.
Your building skills are quite lackluster, something I’d expect from a novice (Please note, I am not a certified builder on this network, nor do I build in my spare time.)

What I’d like you to do is branch out your style, trying different build genres rather from your straight away fondness of WW2. Something that’d help you improve would be working on large scale maps, like something you’d see out of KitPVP.
Improve your skill, and branch out, and you got a solid +1 from me, but for now I have to give you a

+0.25

:heart:

2 Likes

The application is great, no plagiarism other than the scheduling from your build app on invaded, which is fine. I love the detail on the d’day landing build and the terraining on the kingdom looks on point. My only recommendation is to upload some more of your builds, If you stream building a lot then I’m sure you have more, and I will definitely change to a +1 if you do. Good luck

+.75

2 Likes

Thank you for your constructive criticism, it is really useful. I was actually thinking of building a kitpvp map recently and now you have said it, I will definitely begin working on one soon.

1 Like

Thank you, I really appreciate your feedback. I will definitely upload some more of my builds very soon.

1 Like

My suggestion for you is to work on larger building projects that involves worldedit, voxel etc to show off your building skills because that is what the managers look at when looking at the builds. The managers doesn’t accept any who can’t world edit, voxel etc. I am not going to rate as it will not influence the final decision.

1 Like

First of all, welcome to the forums!
I think your application is pretty nice.
But I didn’t really understand your portfolio.
There are a lot of screenshots, yes. But they don’t seem to really show the builds that well (At least I don’t think so).
You can definitely work on your building skills but you are going in a great direction and I can see you being a really good builder in a few months or so! I would suggest going through YouTube for some detailing ideas. Try to see your build as something that is alive. So for example, in the castle build, try to add a bunch of details showing things that would be there if the castle was functioning and alive. With mixing in the correct colors in mind (that’s just what I would do)

Overall a nice application, I wish you the best of luck :D

+0.5

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback, it is very useful.

1 Like

Looks great! I think your builds are very good and your application is very detailed.

+1 from me

2 Likes

Application denied.

We do not think that you’re ready to be given a trial yet, keep improving and make sure to add more builds to your portfolio.

If you wish to re-apply, please wait 3 months before doing so.

1 Like