Bug & Idea Team Application - Guide

Bug & Idea Team Application Guide

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Hello Munchies! This guide will be covering some tips and tricks, along with some frequently asked questions about the application process. If you have any interest in joining this team, or seeing what it takes to do so, reading this guide will give you an edge on the competition and will greatly increase your chances!

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

The Ideal Candidate

When the management team is going over the applicants who have applied, we look for a few things above all others.

• Maturity
  • Activity
  • Motivation

These three things are perhaps the most important for a candidate.

Being mature consists of how you present yourself to the public and to your friends. We look for those that treating others with respect. This includes your punishment history. If you have a history of making yourself known as a trouble maker, we expect you to make strides towards fixing your reputation before applying. Now, maturity doesn’t mean not having fun with your friends. However, you can have fun while not breaking the rules. We expect all members of BIT to be mature and set a good example for others.

Now, activity is self explanatory. Being active on the servers you enjoy playing on is crucial for a member on this team. How else can we be confident that you know how to find bugs and give relevant ideas? The answer is, we can’t. Being active is an easy way to show us that you would be a good fit for the team.

Again, being motivated should be easy to understand. If you are actively playing every week and engaging with the community, then you have shown to us that you are motivated to help the server out in any way possible.

How To Apply

The application process for this role is a little different compared to the other teams here at MunchyMC. When applications are open, you are required to fill out a google form (you can find that post here). This may seem a little stressful for those who feel like this application is a test. We want you to know, in fact, that this form is our test for you. Other teams have a “trial” phase of the team. The Bug & Idea Team does not have such a phase. That being said, don’t be nervous. This form is not timed and you can always go back and change your responses once you submit it.

A few tips to help your application stand out:

Tip #1:
Include as much as you can. Now, we don’t mean include all of your ideas that you have thought of, or all the bugs that you have found. That being said, we do look for those applicants that have included ideas and bugs that show us what we want to see – maturity, activity, and motivation. You should include as much as you can that shows us the reason you’d be a good fit for the team.

Tip #2:
If you change your name (even changing it to fit the holidays), or you change your discord, keep your application updated. We have had good quality candidates that have incorrect information on their application. We do our best to find them, but we can’t guarantee that we will. If you want to stand out, keeping your application up-to-date is a sure way of doing so.

Frequently Asked Questions

These are some of the more frequently asked questions. If you have a question that isn’t on this list, feel free to ask any of the Senior Members of the team (or the Manager). You can find a list of those members here.

Q: When can I apply?
You can apply any time the application season is open. You can find information on that here.

Q: When will I know if I have been accepted or not?
If you have not received a message (on discord) two weeks after the application season has closed, you have been denied.

Q: If I was denied last season, can I apply again this next season?
Yes. We have no restrictions on how often you can apply for the team. We invite you to apply each season if you still have an interest in joining the team.

Q: Do I have to be active on every server to be eligible to join the team?
Nope. You don’t need to play on every server. We do take this into account, but if you have great ideas for the one server you play on, you shouldn’t have a problem getting accepted to the team.

36 Likes