Brooke_sun's Helper Application (Winter 2023)

IGN:
Brooke_sun

Timezone:
Winter: EST (UTC-5)
Summer: EDT (UTC-4)

How active can you be per week?
I am active almost every day for 2-5 hours per day, usually in the evenings from around 8:00 PM to 1:00 AM my time.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
I have been muted by auto-mod two or three times for spamming, I will list what happened in the two scenarios I recall:

• First mute - It was on the Events server, during a game hosted by Twinkie. I tried to spam a message so she could see it. I believe I was trying to tell her about another player who also won? Can’t be sure since it’s been so long.

• Second mute - This took place on the Survival server, I repeatedly said in chat something like “you should all hug ___!” (hidden username for privacy)

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
No I have not applied before, this is my first application.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I believe I have a good reputation with the community, I do not recall having any negative interactions with anyone on the server, and I do my best to treat everyone with a generally positive attitude. I try to help around the community when possible, such as introducing people to mcMMO, helping new players with commands, and just being around to help and support the community.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
I am interested in this role because I wish to make the survival community a better place, and feel like I am ready to take on the responsibilities. I am able to consider a scenario and think from different sides of a situation before making a conclusion. Something that motivated me to apply is that there aren’t many staff members online during the hours when I am active, and it would really benefit the community if there are at least one to two staff members online at all times.

Do you have any experience with moderating communities such as minecraft servers or other leadership roles? If so, please briefly detail it.
I have moderating experiences with Discord servers, being an admin in a small community server, and having owned a few servers myself. I know the basic commands on how to moderate in Minecraft, since I have done moderation for a private server. I can identify some hacks such as x-ray, and I believe I can handle situations such as stealing and griefing, and forward situations to someone of a higher rank when it is out of my control.

Thank you so much for taking your time to read my application, I would love to hear your feedback on how I can improve and what I did well! :heart:

20 Likes

Huge +1

Brooke is active, extremely friendly, mature and would be an absolute perfect fit for helper.

Also THAT BANNER SLAPS !!!

Good luck brooke :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you Corgi, and best of luck with your application!

2 Likes

+1 friendly
Seems to be good at de-escalating conflicts/bad situations
Strives to do the right thing

3 Likes

1+ Brooke Has been super helpful and friendly!

4 Likes

Brooke is a very kind and helpful player, I think she would do well as a Helper. +1

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback Avi, and good luck with your application :)

3 Likes

1+ pineapple on pizza

2 Likes

Brooke, you were the person who introduced me to the RVS clan and I wholeheartedly see you as someone that would make a great helper. You’re funny, active, and always ready to lend a helping hand (or to light me on fire). :wink: Good luck!

3 Likes

Ahah, thanks Queen! It’s been a pleasure to have you in the clan, and I wish you the best on your application as well :heart:

2 Likes

+1 Brooke is an amazing loving person

3 Likes

Thank you Lulu!

2 Likes

So are you Robin <3

3 Likes

Saying +1 would be too little. +100!

2 Likes

To say Brooke isn’t a fundamental member of survival is total blasphemy, Brooke is one of the most kind, supportive, and encouraging members of survival and has always been there for everyone.

Not only did she get a moty nomination for her kindness but it shows by how many friends she has online and how she interacts with others always having empathy no matter how recent she has met someone. Brooke has always been there for me whenever I was sad and always DMs someone whenever someone is upset. Brooke is incredible at handling situations and I often ask her for some advice in this too, I feel even experienced mods can learn something from her.

First small? Wow. We got like 75 + people ya know? Anyways back to the point yes she is an incredible admin in a server I own and also ran a server for her survival clan as well! This application has clear and detailed answers and should be definitely examined at least as a potential candidate for helper!

Brooke is one of my best friends on munchy and I think a lot of people can agree, I have never seen her toxic, angry, or rude toward another player and I think she’s an incredible fit for this role and an even better person.

best of luck bestie +1

3 Likes

Oh Drex, thank you so very much for your kind words! They are more than I deserve. Also a huge thank you for all the support you gave me throughout the process of my application. :heart:

3 Likes

Aww, tysm Drew! <3

2 Likes

Super helpful towards anyone and everyone on surv, always welcoming new people and doing everything to make the community a friendly place.
+1 would be one of the best helpers

2 Likes

Nah +1000 what u goin on abt noob

2 Likes

plus one hundred million

2 Likes