Breaking the cycle & Losing sight of the goal

Hi,

I’m coming to you for the last time to say farewell, originally I wasn’t going to say anything but it just seems unfair for me to come all this way without saying anything.

I quit.

Yep, I quit, I’m gone, cya, goodbye. There’s a couple reasons for this which I’ll get to in a moment but a bit of backdrop.

I joined munchy and the community in 2019, back then I was like most people a young dumb skeppy fan who wanted to troll the server, who eventually became a Badboyhalo fan. I tell people I joined for Badboyhalo and stayed for the community for a reason, I had never before experienced being apart of a community in general, let alone an internet one. I had barely ever put in practice a morale compass which is probably why a lot of people thought I was weird, stupid, arrogant, or in rare cases creepy and scary.

I started becoming more active in late 2021 when Mike gave me my unmute for my perm mute, I wanted to rejoin the community and become a force for good, and, I failed, atleast in the later months. I wanted to become staff, but in the end failed. Most of my actions from mid 2021-mid 2022 were just motivated to get staff so I could do something I could enjoy with my favourite and quite frankly only community. I wanted nothing but to enjoy myself, which only lead me to nothing. 2022 also incurred in me a lot of personal stuff which I wont go into right now, so I had nothing else to fall back on. By late 2022 I gave up wanting staff and decided to enjoy myself, and I did for a while.

Mid to late 2022 was probably the most enjoyable time here, and I really enjoyed a lot of the interactions, friendships and other stuffs that I’ve had here, but it’s now when things have started to gone wrong. Me being weird and being myself doesn’t know how to handle interactions with people, doesn’t know how to deal with toxicity, doesn’t know how to fix friendships and fights with people besides saying “I’m sorry I know what I did was wrong please forgive me”, because most of the time it isn’t enough.

And then the gripes started, me being mad at staff, me being mad at the way things are run, my morbid curiosity getting me into places where I really shouldn’t be, but I’m just so curious I feel I have the right to know and share knowledge. But it’s also a lot of you that I’m mad at, for viewing me as weird when I already know I am, for stating the obvious, for being generally bad people even though in actuality you aren’t, it’s just me you hate right? I’m the only one who you despise due to my actions over the years, you’re enjoying me leaving, and I know you are.

Obviously, that doesn’t go out to the slim few who are actually decent people, or average people. Just the below average, the incompetent and the hated, or the ones like me who decided to do something dumb and now can never be forgiven.

So, in the end, I gave up! I stopped playing minecraft. I thought in the end me continuing a link with the community without me being exposed to the worst of the toxicity would be good for me, but I was wrong. I gave up minecraft because I wanted to focus on real life, on stuff that actually matters, and watching some quality anime, to enjoy myself, but still become a part of the community. But that just isn’t the case anymore, me not playing created a rift between me and the community, and it’s quite obvious that I just don’t belong here anymore, and there’s going to be a few that say “No Crafty, you’re always welcome here-“ wrong. You’re not the majority, I love you as a person and would love to continue chatting to you as a friend, but I don’t need this community for that. I want to be loved, not hated. I want to be a new person who focuses on the good and the wholesome things in life.

I want to break the cycle.

Alright, that’s one half of the title explained, let me give an analogy for the other one.

There once was a famous female swimmer who was the best in her world at the time, and swam across the English Channel. She was so famous that she got a ton of attention and got asked to swim a bunch of different bodies of water, one of which was a lake in America. It was no where near as big as the channel, but she swam across it. The thing is, a huge fog sunk in and covered everything, she could not see where she was going. She kept swimming but in the end she gave up. The length of the course was 26km, she swam 25.2km, just 800m from the finish, despite the best efforts of her support team, she could not keep going. When asked why, she replied:

“I could not see the goal to which I was going”.

Because I’ve lost sight of my goal, and because I’ve lost touch with this community, I probably will try to look for a new one and fail, because I’ve never met so many cool and talented and amazing people here. That, will force me to change, surround myself with many good people of which I choose, not ones I’m forced into because I’m attached to this community. I want the power of choice, I want to be a fresh person, not based on logic, but based on love.

So, I bid you adieu munchymc community, knowing myself, I may return, but there’s a couple things for certain.
I am the community member with the greatest and least impact in munchymc history. I devoted myself to this community in the hopes of gaining attention, and to enjoy myself, and I failed.

I am your greatest mistake.
-Crafty

To contact: Crafty#0161 on discord

18 Likes

Crafty,

Bon… par où commencer. J’aimerais bien te donner un bon gros coup sur la figure car tu n’as pas changé. :pensive: Ta curiosité ne te faillit pas, au moins…

For those who don’t care about the post and the French…

There’s a bold text at the very end of the post. Whoever reading this detail, consider checking it out if the whole post doesn’t interest you.

Je t’apprécie et, même si tu le pense autrement, je t’ai toujours apprécié. Malgré les changements drastiques de comportements, tu fus quand même honnête dans tes propos. Tu n’es pas le sauveur de cette communauté et même si cela fut ton objectif pendant si longtemps, tu peux constater pourquoi ce n’est plus nécessaire. Et puis bon, un objectif de mort n’est pas la fin d’une aventure.

J’aurais aimé que tu passes plus de temps sur le serveur pour apprécier les liens que tu crée avec tes amis, pour apprécier la communauté parmi laquelle tu résides et saches qu’il y a toujours des gens qui te détesteront, par A ou par B. Cependant, saches que tu restes humain, tu n’es pas parfait et même si le monde est contre toi, je vois toujours un soupçon de lumière qui brille en toi.

Je ne vais pas être celle qui te dira ceci : « We will miss you, bye! ». Je veux que tu te ressaisisses car tu n’es pas seul, et tu ne dois pas sombrer dans la confusion totale. Prends sur toi et pense à ta santé, tes envies, pense à toi. Cultive la léthargie face à ceux qui te détestent car ils n’auraient raison sur toi qu’à travers un serveur et non sur toute une vie entière.

Je ne nous souhaite pas un adieu mais plutôt un au revoir car j’ai foi en toi. Je veux te retrouver au sein du serveur, comme aux bon veux temps où tu t’amusais pleinement à travers la plate-forme. Et dans ce cas ci, n’oublie pas de trouver un équilibre entre le jeu et ta vie.

Je peine à réfléchir à mes mots car j’estime que l’honnêteté ne requiert temps pour y penser. Je t’écris ces mots car je t’apprécie, je te vois comme une très bonne personne et j’espère que ces petits mots te feront sourire !

I do apologise and I acknowledge that this post should have been in English but I would have struggled with the wording. Hope you guys understand, if not, translators exists! Plus, it’s for a friend so if you don’t really care, pass your way…

I love you, Crafty! Please take care. :heart: And since you are curious, try understanding this little French post. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Goodbye Crafty <3

3 Likes

Bye crafty! I feel like I havent been able to talk to you too much on the community discord and such, but when we did talk, it was always a pleasure! I’ve been in communities where I feel like i’m unwanted as well (In the past), and I can totally agree, Its not fun feeling like that. On a kind of simalar note, I feel like i’ve been pretty toxic without ever meaing to be, and in the case that I was one of the more rude and toxic factors driving you away, I’m sorry. I hope that you can find another community, one that you feel you’re accepted in and enjoy that one to the fullest! :saluting_face:

5 Likes

It’s so sad to see you go, Crafty. You were one of the kindness people I meet on Munchy if we are being honest. Thank you for the great times and I wish you luck in the future <3. :heart:

5 Likes

I thought you already made a leaving post a few months ago

Goodbye crafty you will definitely be missed

5 Likes

Respect

Same here xd

Don’t worry I still think so now! : D(joke)

What I’m gonna do soon and yeah it’s tough so I see why you want to voice your opinion more then a lot of others

I’d recommend if you ever came back to try again because you don’t chase dreams you shoot them in the leg then catch up to them.

Hmmmm yeah sometimes I can relate to this but the important part is just to remember people are humans just like you and as for dealing with toxicity and interacting I’ve chatted with you before and I can say you aren’t that bad my man how about you find people with similar interests with you

Look I view you as anything you want me to view you as I do with most people unless they treat me wrong and you didn’t really want to be viewed as much but a few qualities of intelligence and superior opinions and that’s fine cause I want that In certain cases too lol but I’m gonna say for a person I barley know you aren’t that bad your putting yourself down and if anything this is for the better because you are expressing this to someone because I while I don’t know you I have a strong feeling you didn’t talk about this but to a select few people and I ain’t gonna make this about me but I have done the same and this is a good thing for you currently, however don’t feel you need to leave this train of craziness just because you see a stop close enough to your destination. Unless you think your at your stop is recommend riding this train out, in fact trains are just rollercoasters that don’t go up or down rlly rlly fast so I’d recommend riding with some better people to sit this ride out with. So stop beating yourself up and start beating something else up instead (metaphorically cause we call that violence otherwise and even though it solves everything it harms something first)

• Sincerely your pal DREX0R
1 Like

Especially to me and I was to you of course but there’s always room to change

2 Likes

Crafty,
Munchy is where I went from a self-pitying and rash 13 year old to the person I am today - how much development is there is for you to decide. There were times when I felt like nobody in the whole server liked me - and I don’t think I was entirely wrong - but whether it was out of stubbornness, or somehow I knew things would get better, I stayed. (with a few hiccups)
I totally understand what you’re saying in this post, but I think it’s important to remember that so many people in this server would cringe at their own words mere months afterwards, and yet they have impossibly high standards. I’ve made mistakes, you’ve made mistakes, everyone has said something they wish they could take back.
I will always be your foremost defender if you ever wish to return and create new, better memories. But I also respect your decision to leave greatly.
I do think, overall, you’ve made a good impact on this community. You won’t be soon forgotten, and I think for majority good reasons.

13 Likes

Lov ya crafty pce

4 Likes

Bye lol :joy:

Fr tho, you really are a cool dude and I will miss you!

4 Likes

I dunno or not if you did see my last post on here but I just also wanna say that since I chatted with you I heard you were doing a lot of work but I know you can do even more then that. Skies the limit is false cause the moon has shoe prints my man gl in school and as for the community that “hates you” I think prison community naturally hates everything but as king of Kitpvp on behalf of the Kitpvp community we say bye crafty you ain’t getting forgotten.

2 Likes

Sad to see you go Crafty! We haven’t talked too much besides forum posts and stuff, but I always thought you were a really cool person and I really respected you. You were one of the few people to try and make a change for something you loved, and it hasn’t worked out unfortunately. Good luck in your future endeavors, and I hope you will find a good, healthy community that you can be a part of!
(P.S. you will always be welcomed back in woolwars if you ever decide to return!)

5 Likes

Sounds like you got a lot on your mind. I just wanna say a few things.

" I want to be a fresh person, not based on logic, but based on love."

These don’t have to be absolute and they don’t have to be mutually exclusive. Embrace the paradox of the human condition.

As for being loved rather than being hated… I kinda got a saying. If you haven’t made any enemies, you aint living. There is a big difference between being a good person and a nice one. Nice people may be loved by many, good people are loved by those with integrity. Strangely, you find some good people are real assholes… and some nice people are… really not good people at all.

I dunno how old you are, but one thing I try to keep aware of is that many people on munchy are fairly young and still going through the process of growing up. They make mistakes, they can be cruel, they can be stupid. Most grow and change over time all in different directions and at their own pace, and for every kid that grows up, there’s a new kid ready to take their place. Some lessons the community will never learn simply because of it’s demographic.

You can’t gain attention, enjoy yourself, and be well liked at the same time. You can pick 2. Think it through, you’ll see why.

Best of luck to you, hope you come to a wiser understanding of where you’re going and who you want to be.

15 Likes

Goals don’t need failing, they just need re-adjusting. That’s why you said you wanted to become staff so you could “enjoy something” but then decided to give that up so you could “enjoy” yourself. From the way I read it, I don’t see the problem. Don’t forget to take into account everything you’ve accomplished here, even if it isn’t everything you hoped and dreamed.

You have a powerful ability for self-reflection, which can be tough because you tend to be so critical on yourself (I know I am), but ultimately you will be able to take everything you learned here and apply it towards wherever you find yourself next.

Yep, so true, here I am hoping no one digs up all of my cringe forum posts and DMs from like 2016. I still have a select few zingers I’ll never get out of my head. Man, I said some weird things.

This one’s for the books for sure, killer reply. You’d be hard-pressed to find someone in this community that is universally liked by everyone. And I mean everyone. It doesn’t exist–you can’t please everyone because as you get more involved in the community you’ll start to realize how your point of view differs from others. If everyone here thought alike this would be paradise, but it’s just not realistic. That’s why the challenge isn’t to “like” and be “liked” by everyone, but for everyone to come to a mutual understanding. Which is easier said than done…to say the least.

So as I said earlier, don’t linger on what potentially or could have been, but rather focus on everything you did right. You may have not been liked by some, but what about all of the people that have your back? I for one have my list of people here I don’t quite get; to be completely transparent I would even go as far as to say I hate them. Without a doubt I’m on other’s lists as well. There’s also some damn good people here who just understand me so well, so I know that not everything I’ve done here has been in vain.

Same goes for you. Although not everyone, there are people here that understand you. Don’t let yourself be defined by your mistakes and regrets and grievances. No one came into this world perfect, and the best people know how to channel their shortcomings into lessons learned instead of heavy baggage.

You have not failed, but learned. This is just the part where you decide if you’ll move on and grow with people who have your back, or allow yourself to be weighed down by your supposed failures and enemies. Well, I’m no saint myself; I struggle with these very problems everyday and rarely take my own advice but I hope I helped.

9 Likes

Crafty always gets the last laugh. PCE LEGMUNCHER66 PCE MUSHYCHEEKS #Crafty

Also shut up @Candlea

4 Likes

BRO

1 Like

Hi jimbo x33333

1 Like

:) <3

3 Likes

goodbye we will miss u

4 Likes