Best Strategy for PURGATORY!?

The Purgatory is where Hackers go to get a free unban by completing one of the following quests:

Mine 13,750 stone
Mine 30,000 dirt
Kill 1,500 other players
Mine 1,250 diamond ores
Get 250 xp levels

I once tried Purgatory and tried all the quests. I am going to order these from hardest to easiest. Of course, saying, without cheating in any way. And, considering that you log off and don’t die from trolls, this is the CUMULATIVE time it would take. In other words, I explain the total time a quest would take.

The Players Killed one is near impossible because it is unlikely that one player will keep coming back to the killer before rage quitting. And Munchy doesn’t have enough players to kill. Especially ones that play on Purgatory.

The XP Levels one is also nearly impossible because that is nearly a quarter of a million xp to get 250 levels! For example, to get to 250 levels, it would be killing 25,537 blazes, 22 ender dragons, or 127,683 animals! Or mining 51,073 diamond ores, mining 255,365 coal ores, and smelting 2,553,650 stone.

The Diamond Ore Mined would be feasible, but would take AGES! Say I found 5 diamond ores every 10 minutes; that would take approximately 41 hours! nearly 3 days.

The Stone Blocks Mined, it is very feasible, but you can speed it up with an efficiency pickaxe. I was able to find a way to complete it with an enchant table, an anvil and some diamonds. But the whole process of getting the enchant table, an anvil, all the diamonds for the pickaxes and some xp, it took about 3 hours. You could enchant 4 pickaxes with efficiency one and combine them in an anvil to get an efficiency 3 diamond pickaxe. You can break 2 stone in one second with efficiency 3. That means it would take a little less than two hours to complete the entire quest. Say you mined some stone for the diamonds. about 500 or 1,000, so it would take about 5 hours to complete entirely.

Lastly, the Dirt Blocks Mined one is by far the easiest because once you get your enchantment table, anvil, and WAY less diamonds(only 6 total. 2 for the enchant table, 4 for shovels), you can start enchanting your shovels with efficiency one! The lesser amount of diamonds shaves about a whole hour off the gathering materials part. The way that this quest is the easiest and fastest is because an efficiency 3 shovel can INSTANTLY break dirt. If you are at walking speed and have no interruptions mining dirt, you can mine 9 and a half dirt in one second with an efficiency 3 shovel. Let’s round that up to 10 dirt a second. So about 590 dirt in a minute! Therefore, it would take only one 50 minutes! :open_mouth: But, plus some interruptions, like moving a bit or finding new places to mine, about one hour mining dirt. So cumulatively, it would take about 3 hours to complete this quest. If your a slow miner, it could vary a bit to 4 or 5 hours without troll intervention.

If you are banned, I hope this helped a lot! :smile_cat: mew

P.S. I like toasters

6 Likes

Thanks for informing! Too bad you made this now and not a month ago when my friend MrBlueShoes was banned and we played all day getting him unbanned.

1 Like

Bump because this can help newly banned players

First off, efficiency 1 or efficiency 3, both of them are exact same fast on a shovel, the only way to enhance the speed from there is haste. Source: MumboJumbo

You can just grab all the dirt and place them down and break them, no need to search for a new patch of freshly generated piece of dirty land to satisfy your shovel.
If you have a friend and a piece of land of hard rocky ground, that’s the ideal place to just spray the dirt around for your friend, your shovel and him/her picking it up and placing them again.
This process would be sped up with 1,9+, when offhand would not always be an instant delete trashbin.

2 Likes

I think finding more land is better because you can just mine it all up instead of replacing the whole piece of land.

Not true higher efficiency works on shovels.

2 Likes

I completed Purgatory myself, and I can definitely give a few tips to complete Purgatory.

One of the most important tips to know is to never chat in global, or public chat.
And why is that? You might ask.
Well, that makes you a much bigger target to people online, as people that would even think about trolling people online, instead of enjoying their free time doing literally anything else, they will target people that they know they will get a reaction out of.

Another tip would be to log off before you’re getting killed, or if you’re very close to death.
That way, you don’t lose your items, you don’t die, and you get teleported back to safety.
A quick example would be; if you were thrown into the air and you could die from the fall, just disconnect. If you’re not fast enough to click the Disconnect button, then set up a macro.

A third tip; Always carry a water bucket with you at all times. This could save you from being thrown in the air (If you know how to “MLG water bucket” as you fall to the floor, to avoid any damage from falling), or to just put yourself off from being on fire. It’s really important against the being thrown and being set on fire trolls, so it’s definitely gonna be very handy.

A final tip, which is more of a Survival tip, is to get Fire aspect on your sword. Why? So you can kill animals and get cooked food much more easily. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, if it’s night time, you can sleep in a bed. Why is this important? Well, because trolls can’t troll you while you’re in a bed. (Except for lighting and/or creeper sounds, I assume that wouldn’t be much of a problem, though.)

(Also, if you’re getting trolled by multiple trolls at once, or if you’re being targeted, then just log off. And don’t come back on for a while. They will target you until you get killed.)

This is how I got through purgatory. :slight_smile:
I’m glad to be back onto the server.

Good luck to everyone else!

1 Like