Beatlesboy68's Staff Application (August 2020)

UPDATED as of 6:02pm EST, August 6

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes. I initially joined MunchyMC back in 2017, and came back at around the end of May 2020 to discover Survival! I have been active on Survival ever since, and have dabbled in some of MunchyMC’s other gamemodes in my spare time.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes. I’ve used OBS and Quicktime in the past, both of which I think are rather good resources for recording quality videos of hackers.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:

Yes. Although I’ve only recently discovered how to operate it, I have already downloaded TeamSpeak 3 and am prepared to use it extensively if necessary.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN: beatlesboy68

Timezone: EDT, or UTC -4

Languages Spoken:

Mainly English and Chinese. Somewhat familiar with Spanish, and am currently learning Japanese.

How active can you be per week?

My activity so far has been rather stable at around 10 hours per day. However, seeing that this is an unsustainable practice for me due to conflicting interests (I’ll have to devote more time into college applications), I can only confidently say that I can contribute about 2 hours per day, unfortunately. If my activity is a major issue, I’ll preemptively accept that criticism and look forward to reapplying next season.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?

As mentioned above, although I first joined in 2017, I’ve been a tried and true (active) MunchyMC player since the end of May 2020 on the Survival server. Munchy’s Survival server enticed me from the second I entered; not only was it a relatively vanilla multiplayer survival server, the community was so welcoming that I could barely keep my eyes on the tutorial! Not to mention, the auctions, MCMMO, claim system, and regular events told me that this was a one-in-a-million kind of server, with a non-toxic playerbase and a helpful community willing to give each other the best experiences they could offer to each other. Being on Munchy Survival has allowed me to set small goals for myself that I strive to complete (such as attaining 2k gold or trying to get on /mctop alchemy), which has now become a regular habit of mine in my IRL behavior, so I must thank the server immensely for that as well.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story:

No. The most severe punishment I have ever been assigned (if it could even be called punishment) was for spamming the /bottlexp command until I was temp-kicked from the server. I must apologize extensively for my amateur mistake! I promise I’ve learned from that experience.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:

No, I have not. However, I am looking forward to change that, if possible. If it’s pulling the certain qualities necessary from my real life responsibilities as a student leader to shoulder this greater responsibility on Munchy, I can do that. However, when it comes to banning hackers specifically, I must say I’m slightly inexperienced.

Do you have any anticheat experience?

No. Fortunately, I can attest to the fact that I am a fast learner, and a quite willing one at that.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

Unfortunately, no hacker reports yet. But, I have been quite active on the MunchyMC discord server, where I post in #survival-reports whenever I chance upon someone breaking the rules. Hopefully that has led to greater solace for the current moderators and lessened their workload!

EDIT: As of recently, I’ve actually recorded three hacker report videos after capriciously visiting Purgatory as an adventurer for a short period of time. Here’s an early apology for the background noise (which I’ll be sure to remove in future reports), but the videos can be rendered at 720p. Both are linked below:

EDIT 2: Either purgatory has always been full of hackers, or the mode’s just been having a field day. I’ve attached four more hacker reports below. I’m sure you’d find it hard to believe that these were all within the span of an hour or two, but it’s true. I’m sure that I could keep going if need be, as this very well may be the daily average number of hackers and I just don’t know it yet.

Link to the playlist where I’ll be uploading video reports in the future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0QapjcwCp4&list=PLIF-f-9756ovWl67CUQub9Azv8_NalsdM

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?

As a non-staff member, I’m always hanging out in Survival, answering any questions I can whenever I’m actively playing, welcome any new people that I see and try my best to kit them up in iron gear if they’re willing to accept the gift. My personal belief is that small acts of kindness can go a long way, as something that may seem trivial to a more experienced player can mean the world to someone just starting out. Thus, my contributions involve being an active, kind, and helpful player whenever I can, and just letting everyone around me know that not only are they welcome in the server, but they’re encouraged to interact with the community more!

Not only that, but I seem to always try to perform “citizen’s arrest” whenever possible, such as reminding players not to caps/char spam or flood the chat and generally trying to keep the peace by enforcing the rules to the best of my ability, especially during the late hours of Eastern Daylight Time, when there are almost always no staff online to do so. This isn’t me taking a shot at the current moderators/higher staff, as I completely believe in having a healthy sleep schedule, but I do think that appointing several moderators/higher staff who are in drastically different/opposite timezones or those who are willing to stay awake at ungodly hours would be great for the community as a whole, especially considering how quickly the survival player base is growing (there is now a minimum of 40 people online every day at around 2-3am EST).

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?

I do think that Munchy will benefit from my commitment. Whenever I’m assigned any kind of important work or assignment, I never fail to lock in and give my all. Whenever I set a goal for myself, I tend to follow through, something that has been transparent within my Survival gameplay in the form of /mctop! So not only do I think that having another committed member on the staff team would be beneficial to Munchy, being able to rely wholeheartedly on someone to finish a job and do it well is an essential trait of a good staff member, a trait of which I am proud to say that I am able to exhibit on the daily.

As mentioned above, I’m also one who’s willing to stay up during ungodly hours of the night. I understand that the staff team consists of multiple ethnicities and cultures that span across the globe and different timezones, but for some reason I fail to see staff online late at night (for EDT), vanished or not. It seems that once the clock hits the 2-3am mark, things on Survival tend to become a little more chaotic and lawless, and that’s also the time when I see the most player reports on the Munchy discord channel. Of course, I understand that this may be a completely unfounded assumption, but this is just one of my many personal observations about the server so far.

How do you work when in a team?

Quite well. However, I won’t lie; I have two extremes when it comes to interpersonal communication. If I feel strongly about something, I won’t hesitate to assert my opinion and debate passionately to decide the better strategy/method of going about things. However, if I don’t feel like I’m have enough experience or enough knowledge to be able to speak on a topic, I tend to fall back and just listen before I open my mouth and give my own suggestion. Thankfully, most of my experiences working with teams involve the latter stance much, much more frequently than the former. Listening is one of my strongest qualities, whether it’s listening to someone’s troubles and then trying to help resolve their conflict or whether it’s about listening to what I can do better to improve my overall character and personality traits.

Being able to work well in teams is guaranteed one of life’s most important skillsets, and so when it comes to working together, I almost always put others before me, unless I am certain that I have a reasonable and defensible stance on a subject. And so I believe that my thorough consideration for other perspectives and opinions is what allows me to work well with other people. If it’s teamwork that you’re looking for, I’m all for it. If there’s an argument that needs to be resolved, I often am able to serve as the mediator that can smoothly dissipate tensions by employing logos over pathos. And of course, I’m no slacker. I’m not the one in group projects to sit back and let my teammates do all the work; I’m one to put myself to work and earn myself what I deserve.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?

I have never applied for staff on the network before, so I’m looking forward to any feedback.

And that’s that! I’m really looking to serve as a paradigm of honesty, so I was trying my best not to throw buzzwords into my application to bolster a dishonest image of myself. What I’m mainly looking for with this application is helpful feedback as to what I can improve on (such as beefing up my experience or promising more activity), because I understand that I’m but a tadpole in a sea of sharks right now (I won’t name names, but many other applicants are, in my opinion, quite qualified for the job), and I need to work on my flaws!

8 Likes

8/10 activity is a problem and you also sound like a stubborn dude but otherwise I guess we can date

Wait this isn’t the dating applications? Oh…

4 Likes

+1, Beatles can be funny and mature, hes active and a great friend. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As of right now, I’m still very, very active. My only problem is that I’m unable to promise more than 2 hrs per day, so I see where you’re coming from.

+1, for the following reasons:

• You’re active and dedicated.
  • You seem like an overall great person to hang out with and have a conversation with!
  • I like your application, and the format/time you put into it. Really well thought out answers!

Best of luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback Braadley! I really appreciate it <3

mmm how ‘bout Yes.

1 Like

Beatles is very active and mature. This application is very well written and detailed. The JMod role would fit you well :smiley:! The only issue could be your activity in the near future, but that shouldn’t be too big of a problem.

I’m giving this application a +0.7!

Good Luck!

2 Likes

+1 but i still hate u lol

Jokes aside, beatles is a very mature, helpful, dedicated player and I do think he is has a great positive influence on the server! :heart:

1 Like

UPDATED as of 6:40pm EST, August 4

I’ve actually somehow managed to catch three hackers in the act within a very short span, so I’ve included the video reports here. Will keep updating if I’m able to continue finding rulebreakers.

2 Likes

UPDATED as of 10:04pm EST, August 4

Updated my hacker reports list. Has Purg always been this full of hackers?

Yes, it has xD

1 Like

Very active and very mature!!
Good luck Beatles!!!

1 Like

+1
Amazingly detailed and practically perfect app.
From what I’ve seen of you ingame, you also seem like a great guy!
Good luck!

1 Like

+1.

This is a solid application, in my view. Before my recent inactivity, Beatles was one of the players who really stood out to me. They have been consistently active over an extended period of time, and are familiar with the rules of the server; they always attempt to help out in chat, and seem very genuine and mature. They would be an definite asset to the survival community. Good luck.

2 Likes

+1 Although I only met you recently very mature and friendly. Good luck!

1 Like

Ah, I meant to send this earlier, but thanks for all of your feedback, @sherlocc, @EvilPrisoner132, @FlareSox, @Serpp, @rainbowscribble, @marcydoki, @JamieDactyl, @toccataski, and @TimeDefender!

4 Likes

Yes. our feedback is amazing

2 Likes

Another instance of “How have I not already replied to this??”! You are super engaged in the community and very friendly! I think you might have literally been my first friend and you continue to go above and beyond for the community. +1

1 Like

Thank you @Myanisa for your kind words! Hopefully I’ll be able to keep giving back to Munchy for all that it’s done for me :))

1 Like