Banned :(

EDIT: I got unbanned so yey

I have been playing munchy for 6 days almost, and today I got banned.

I was using a faulty mod that I made, without testing it on a private server and it flooded chat and got me IP blacklisted. I just want to say goodbye to all the good friends I have met while playing munchy. My appeal will 90% get denied since it may have counted as chat flood. I just want to say that I would NEVER intentionally flood chat on MunchyMC, and I still regret using my mod.

Advanced explanation:

The mod was made to display a timestamp next to every chat message. I coded it wrong so that it sent a chat message to the server, not my client, everytime it recieved a message. This went wrong because it got messages from the server, sent them BACK to the server with a timestamp and then recieved that message and sent it. Essentially an unbreakable loop until I get IP banned. And I didn’t have enough time to see what was going on, so I got insta IP banned.

• SuperSoda
6 Likes

Aww, that’s such a shame! I think if you explain this in your appeal you’ll have a good chance of getting an unban!

I’m sure they’ll understand that you didn’t intentionally flood chat.

5 Likes

I think it is 6:50 am for most of the admins, so I have to wait. This is scary since I will have no good server’s to play on if they decide to deny my appeal :frowning_face:

5 Likes

Well it can take up to a week for an appeal to be reviewed so don’t expect an instant response!

Hope your appeal is accepted though!

Also you can complete quests in purgatory to get an unban! It may take a while but it’s still an option. You can also buy an unban from the store if you’re desperate.

5 Likes

I got IP banned so I cannot login to Munchy :frowning:

Wish there was a way to get onto purgatory :confused:

4 Likes

If you make an appeal, ill vouch for you since you said before the ban that you were excited about the mod, so it was not intentional. That sucks tho :,((

5 Likes

Yeah, the mod was meant to only have auto good luck and stuff and then I got carried away and added faulty timestamps. I will always test my mods on private servers from now on, to see what they do.

5 Likes

You seemed like a really nice guy and after hearing our explanation I hope that you can get unbanned!
<3

3 Likes

Ah, that sucks. Really hope your appeal is accepted.

4 Likes

Try making a support ticket at MunchyMC - Help Center

4 Likes

I have appealed, thank you though!

2 Likes

#GoodLuckSuperSoda

3 Likes

I GOT UNBANNED THANKS @BFI01 YOU ARE AWESOME

body unclear (sad)

11 Likes

WOOOOO POG :partying_face:

4 Likes

WOOOOOOOOOO

Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?

3 Likes

Woooooo POG!!

2 Likes

poggers! welcome back.

3 Likes

beefy for the win

4 Likes

Awe.

Hope you get unbanned.

3 Likes

POGGG gg glad you’re back, beef MVP

3 Likes