Balance Changes

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to list some balance changes that I think would be beneficial for the health of the server, economy, and make the gamemode more enjoyable overall.

Mining
This has been discussed frequently. Mining needs a buff…a big one. I’m not sure how much Shrek Toes makes, but from what I’ve gathered, it’s roughly 250-300mil/hr without mining boosts. If that’s accurate, I believe they’re balanced. Legendary/Ultra/Special mining needs an entire overhaul. To my knowledge, the current meta for mining without a mythical is either Wu_Knows + Snow White Pick or Elsa Dress + Goldilocks. There are currently no items that increase drops from mining whatsoever. I think the biggest issue is that almost every mining item is cooldown-dependent, which doesn’t make sense for an active money-making method. The mining items should have their passive abilities that are constantly active while using the abilities to make more instead of being reliant on cooldown abilities to make a few million once an hour.

Suggestions

1. Buff Elsa Dress: Spawn ice passively while still retaining its ability. Potentially reduce the CD of the ability or increase its duration.
  2. Add a Legendary mining item (armor piece or hot bar item) that passively increases block drops with another random ability.
  3. Buff Wu_Knows: Increase fortune and fix the ability that deletes blocks when copper blocks spawn copper ore (not sure what’s causing this, but it’s been a bug since the start of the map). Increase the duration of the right-click ability or shorten the CD.
  4. Buff Goldilocks Pick: Don’t automatically use its ability when mining normally. And have an incredibly small chance to activate the huge explosion ability without actually using the ability. Also, increase the efficiency and increase the likelihood of the smallest explosion happening.
  5. Buff Mad Hatter’s Pickaxe: Reduce the CD from 15 minutes to 10 minutes.

PvP
I feel the state of PvP is overall pretty balanced with the exception of Boulderfish (duration is too long) and mescaline (a cheap drug with insane speed (I believe this is already being addressed)). PvP is enjoyable and all of the items work well with each other to make fighting fun.

Suggestions

1. Nerf Donkey Leg: Remove or significantly reduce the anti-knockback effect of the sword. It’s almost a requirement to use in a fight.
  2. Fix Wolf Fangs: Fix the wolves not attacking players (I believe this has also already been addressed)
  3. Tinkerbell Bell: Double the cooldown.
  4. Baby Bear’s Honey Bottle: Increase the duration of the speed to 15 seconds. This will be more useful once mescaline is nerfed.
  5. Fix Red Riding Hood: The weakness given to other players by the mythical (weakness 3) is currently not giving the correct damage reduction that it should (I believe this has been addressed but is currently not fixed). I also suggest increasing the radius of the glowing ability (applying glowing to nearby players) to 50 blocks instead of 30 (small buff).
  6. Nerf Snow White Chestplate: Double the CD of the vacuum parrot (currently way too short).

Looting
I believe looting is currently pretty well balanced.

Suggestions

1. Adjust Turf Wars: I feel that gangs should be able to take over a Turf if they have more players from the same gang on a Turf than the original Turf holders. Small change, but would be a nice balance.
  2. Buff TSUTT Lucky Dice: 3 enchanted chests every 15 minutes isn’t that great for the current stage of the game where some gangs have double chests full of enchantment dust.
  3. Adjust Varmetek Horns: Remove the enchantment beam ability from spamming chat and only activate the ability by holding shift with a bare hand for 5 seconds to avoid accidentally using the ability.
  4. Buff the loot you get outside in general. It’s pretty awful and no one even bothers taking the gems.

Wood Mining
The state of wood mining is abysmal. The input isn’t very high, but the money you make from risking fairly valuable items is next to nothing. It would be nice to have a hot bar item similar to Forest Charm from the last map to help with extra log drops. Also, the prices for wood need to be doubled/triple to make wood mining even remotely worth doing.

Suggestions

1. Buff wood prices by 2-3x
  2. Add more wood mining items (Forest Charm, armor pieces, etc.)

General items/Utility
Most items are pretty useful on this map.

Suggestions

1. Buff BBH Crotch: Unless it’s been changed, I did a 7-hour test when it was first released and got 1 unrefined crack, 4 unrefined shrooms, 25 unrefined opiates, 2 arcade tokens, 2 epic tickets, 2.5 stacks of diamond blocks, and the rest were gold ingots. Could use a major buff in my opinion.
  2. Fix Shrek’s Lucky Pole: Catching a haste egg or haste fish currently prevents other fishing buffs from activating (Mermaid Shells and Tail and Captain Hook’s Reel).
  3. Add an option/GUI/prestige perk to void fishing drops that you don’t want (you still receive the item like normal and it’s on the fishing reward table, but the item isn’t added to your inventory/it gets deleted).
  4. Buff Captain Hook’s Booty: Just buff it in general. Maybe give it a multiplier instead of a percentage increase. Or both.

These are just some of the suggestions I’ve heard and thought about. Feel free to leave additional suggestions or criticisms.
~Craz

5 Likes

lil bro

1 Like

Varm says hes working on this

As for buffing wu knows pick, any buff to the wu knows pick directly buffs the shrek toes. I think a buff to the wu pick could only happen if shreks splooge was considerably nerfed

As for foraging, i think the only thing that needs to happen is the re enabling of jacks beanstalk on jungle trees. When this was active you could make 75m per refresh (probably some more with boosts)

1 Like

I find almost every fishing drop to be incredibly useful (with the exclusion of tree drops) so i dont see a use for this

1 Like

If you want to use 20 double chests of compost on drugs, go for it. I personally would rather have it not clutter my inventory. Haste eggs are useless compared to hastefish. Nearly all of the plant/leaf drops (tumbleweed, birch seed, dark oak branch) are useless once you get a double chest of each. Guard armor/semi picks are also useless.

1 Like

Guys, I realize you have plenty of ideas and you love making posts to share them with everyone else, but what’s the point lol? Can you name a single time that RedVelvetCake or Varmetek listened to suggestions/criticism in posts and applied it to the game? Can you really?
Prison has been falling for a long time and I think you guys should just let it happen, for both your health and the health of the server. Plenty of games have their ups and downs. Some games fall of drastically due to a single bad update, but they quickly come back bigger and better because developers really, and I mean really, listen to what their community says and let their opinion speak volume in the game itself. A good, actually great example for this is Brawl Stars.
Then there are the games like MunchyMC Prison which go downhill and keep going downhill because developers know what the players want better than the players themselves right? This isn’t to say that large games have it harder, because they don’t, they have massive teams working for them, but at least they listen. This is a classic example of a game meant to die, so I suggest you just let it and spare yourself the trouble.

Here is a list of balancing suggestions that were added because the community suggested it

Prestige Mines Buff
Goldilocks pick Buff
Wu Know’s Pick Buff
Farquads Coin Reroll
Increased odds for rares outside
Nerfed enchanted chests
Nerfed Sheriff of Nottinghams rifle
Nerfed Elsas Frost
Addition of the Varmetek Furnace
Addition of the Lugas Net
Addition of the Ugly Duckling Rod
Fixing Elsas Frost Freezing people midair
Shreks Splooge being made an epic rare
Worms no longer stacking with luga net
Re balancing of turf war chest refill rates

3 Likes

You’re a man of culture.

1 Like

You’ve been very critical of prison for what seems like no reason and are either ignorant not to see the changes made recommended by the community or just don’t care to which is your fault.

I understand prison is toxic, but it’s just the nature of the gamemode. Also, ask anyone if prison has fallen, especially those who’ve played since map 6 or earlier. They’ll tell you otherwise. Another thing, just because you’ve decided you don’t enjoy something, doesn’t mean others don’t.

Read what I’ve said above.

Apologies for getting off topic, but I’d recommend doing a bit more research before you become an expert on prison. It also seems like you have something against prison, which is fine, but perhaps echo it in a nicer sentiment other than “It should die” without providing any evidence besides the false claim that the management team doesn’t listen to players.

12 item buffs/nerfs and 3 chest changes. Perhaps I should have been more clear when saying suggestions/criticism, but I wasn’t talking about adjusting items lol. I was talking about fixing the boring aspects of the gamemode, balancing money making methods more, taking less time to come out with a new map (less than 2 years preferably), getting a new developer, investing more effort into prison, making it less dependent on how many players are in a team etc. Item adjustments are something bound to happen and you cannot seriously claim that none of those would have been changed if the community hadn’t spoken. Just because someone in the community mentions something and it gets changed doesn’t mean they’re the reason it got changed. I could say I want a map 10 to exist yet when it comes it very clearly wouldn’t be “because of me”. The manager(s) very clearly refuse to even consider something they don’t agree with at first glance, and if you dare question them, they feel insulted and proceed to ignore/treat you worse than the players that constantly praise them. If you think that them balancing a few items the community mentioned within 2 months is comparable to everything they ignore, I don’t know what to tell you.

nice essay bro

Seems like no reason? You mean the time I mentioned that they should change something if maps take 2 years to release? Or the time I mentioned they don’t listen to their community as they should (which they don’t)? Yeah, I have no good reason for these complaints, I just despise everyone who puts effort into prison and wish to trash talk them for the fun of it.

What game changes have been implemented (not item balances lmao) solely because the community wanted so? For every change you care to mention I can mention 2 more which are better yet got ignored simply because 1 person didn’t approve.

Yeah, that’s why I said they should leave lol? Your response would be good if I were to say “prison’s toxicity needs to be fixed”, but if I recommend people leave prison, how is you claiming it’s inherently toxic an opposition to my advice?

The only people who played the original maps are long gone besides a few people in 1 massive gang, and the only reason some of them will say prison is fine is because they like playing it with their massive friend group and don’t know how imbalanced the game is because they get everything whenever they want. I wonder why everyone else is gone, don’t you?

I don’t think you’ve played more than me, so don’t speak to me about prison expertise lol. This isn’t a flex btw, it’s very sad that I’ve played this much.

How is it a false claim man?

thanks, you too